Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

very fast thread, ladies! finding it hard to keep.up! cd4 here so early days still.

OH's Mum is physically ok except a huge bruise on her leg where he pushed her over. but she's really shaken up by it. poor thing. it was just round the corner from her house too, which is particularly horrible

I think my supply goes down around ovulation rather than AF.

Totally relate that some months I feel gutted to not be pregnant and others I'm fine. some months I unless about TTC and others I'm more laidback

My LO is nursing more than ever at the.moment. sometimes distraction helps but then she makes up for it later!

That's how my lo was the past couple days...cd6 now and she's still fussing for some...but I try and distract her until bedtime....
I get disappointed but then I try snd think how every month that goes by and no bfp yet is more the better for me...at least I tell myself that. It would be nice to have a nice surprise to tell my oh for Christmas...

iow-bird, that sucks about skipping a cycle, but hopefully the timing is right for when your hubby is home...I bet you're exhausted taking care of kiddos and and moving....I'm moving also, but not trying to rush it...it's too exhausting...lol

We had some friends over for dinner tonight. They have an almost 2 year old girl with cute blonde curly hair and big brown eyes. And an extremely high penchant for drama and hissy fits. :haha: Anytime her parents told her no or wouldn't let her have something she wanted, she would scream at the top of her lungs and/or throw herself down and start screaming/kicking and crying. I now know why some people call it the terrible 2's. lol

Anyway, my friend announced that she is about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant. I'm excited for her, but so jealous at the same time!

I'm feeling kinda crampy, and a little emotional. Just like I always do right before AF. I figure if my cycle is the same as last cycle, I'm due in about 5 days. So this is definitely typical pre-AF behavior. *sigh* Ah well. I know I'm not out until the :witch: shows her face, but I'm feeling out already.

TTCinseattle I am on cd5 right now, but I'm far from ovulation...it's usually around cd24 and my lp was around 7 days, but last cycle I think it got longer! I hope it moves up some...I don't remember any of this ttc before....I'm only spotting and OH is working till one this morning, but tomorrow night I want to start bd'ing...I don't want to miss any chances this cycle. So far my little one wants to nurse any chance she gets....I feel like it's a lot more than usual....is there a difference in nursing when you have af?

I hope it moves up for you, Layla! I just saved a reminder in my phone calendar for Dec. 3rd. If all goes normally, I should be DPO9 at that point, and I think it's the longest I can wait before testing ;) I am not allowed to test before that date!

Started the bd'ing last night, I don't want to miss any chances either. Kalyrra, thanks for all the useful information you posted! I think I will buy an OPK for this cycle, especially given the .7 of a day you posted about. I'm extra determined to get pregnant this month for an August baby.

My supply is definitely low right now. Not sure if it's from AF, or from trying to cut nursing sessions down. I haven't really felt that successful in cutting down, but I think we have been able to consolidate feeds a bit better, so maybe that could be affecting my supply? DS is getting more interested in taking a bottle from me when things are low, but I'm hoping this is a temporary dip...

The wait for ovulation day is so boring.....CD7.....maybe O day will move up some......how are you ladies doing? Anyone test again or waiting till Monday?

AF got me. It came Sunday morning which puts my LP at 10 days. Looking to extend it. Has anyone here done anything to extend their LP? Obviously, stopping bf would help, but I'm not quite there yet.

I'm going to try some B vitamins and eating more fats. Both of those are easy. I lost some weight since LO was born and some stuff says that that can affect LP/fertility.

Anything thoughts on Vitex? I'm hesitant until I stop bf.

I know I should be patient, but it's hard. Both OH and I were kinda down yesterday.

AF got me. It came Sunday morning which puts my LP at 10 days. Looking to extend it. Has anyone here done anything to extend their LP? Obviously, stopping bf would help, but I'm not quite there yet.

I'm going to try some B vitamins and eating more fats. Both of those are easy. I lost some weight since LO was born and some stuff says that that can affect LP/fertility.

I know I should be patient, but it's hard. Both OH and I were kinda down yesterday.

FWIW I did a ton of research on B6 and Vitex together, and had decided to give it a try despite some warnings about taking if pregnant or breastfeeding. The only reason I didn't is because from what I can tell my cycle is actually normal and I didn't want to mess with it. I read a lot of success stories, and wasn't convinced on any risks. How often are you breastfeeding?

Since my cycle appears to be normal, instead of taking anything this cycle I'm just trying to walk a couple of miles per day and eat healthy fertile foods like spinach and liver (good thing those are two of my faves lol!) I also read about grapefruit, another favorite, but have also read to avoid citrus <--- anyone have any insight on that?

I'm also continuing to cut back on nursing, especially since my nips are in really bad shape over the last few days. Never mind he still nursed 4 times before noon today! :wacko:

40 Wondfo LH and 10 HCG tests arrive tomorrow! I can't wait to start peeing on sticks ;) CD9 here!

Af due today (thought it was going to be here a few days ago but not yet) normally here by now, but it tends to come on all of a sudden. HAte feeling like I don't want to go out incase the floodgates open!! Ah well, cycles have been a bit wonky, a few days either side of 28 days, so won't be even considering testing until Friday if she doesn't get me. (I'm sure she will though)!

Af due today (thought it was going to be here a few days ago but not yet) normally here by now, but it tends to come on all of a sudden. HAte feeling like I don't want to go out incase the floodgates open!! Ah well, cycles have been a bit wonky, a few days either side of 28 days, so won't be even considering testing until Friday if she doesn't get me. (I'm sure she will though)!

You should definitely test!! Friday is too far off! But if you have the patience....

Radkat, how many months have you had your cycles back? I was wondering because I've have mine for four cycles now with LP being 7 days or so...just wondering how many months I'm looking at before I actually have a fighting chance at getting pregnant...I'm taking vitamin b6 and prenatals...I just started taking fertile cm also...don't think that will help though..it's just supposed to help with the uterine lining and to give you more cm for the swimmers...CD8 here....about 13 or 14 days till ovulation according to all my other cycles....

FWIW I did a ton of research on B6 and Vitex together, and had decided to give it a try despite some warnings about taking if pregnant or breastfeeding. The only reason I didn't is because from what I can tell my cycle is actually normal and I didn't want to mess with it. I read a lot of success stories, and wasn't convinced on any risks. How often are you breastfeeding?

Since my cycle appears to be normal, instead of taking anything this cycle I'm just trying to walk a couple of miles per day and eat healthy fertile foods like spinach and liver (good thing those are two of my faves lol!) I also read about grapefruit, another favorite, but have also read to avoid citrus <--- anyone have any insight on that?

I'm also continuing to cut back on nursing, especially since my nips are in really bad shape over the last few days. Never mind he still nursed 4 times before noon today! :wacko:

40 Wondfo LH and 10 HCG tests arrive tomorrow! I can't wait to start peeing on sticks ;) CD9 here!

Seattle - Thanks for the feedback. I'm on the fence with Vitex. It sounds like it's a panacea of goodness for TTC, but I'm just a bit hesitant. Not sure why. May do it though. I'm only bf morning and night. Down from 4 feeds about a month ago. I think last cycle was my first full cycle back. First real, full flow AF. Before I was more spotting. Not sure about grapefruit. But vitamin C is supposed to be good, so that's some conflicting info, as usual. I ordered the same package of LH/HCG tests today!

Layla - Last month was my first "real" cycle. I wasn't really paying attention before, but I was just spotting and I would say they were longer cycles as well.

Iow_bird - You're a woman of patience. I'm impressed. Let us know when you do test.

:) I've wasted too many tests! Got one left, will see if AF shows today or tomorrow. But I really don't think I'm pregnant. Probably just my LP being wonky if it's late!

I think AF is about to get me. I'm still PMSing like a mad woman, and I am a bit crampy. Had some pink tinged CM today, which I normally get 1-2 days before my flow starts. Took an IC this morning and BFN.

Ah well. Still crossing my fingers for next month! (kinda disappointing considering all the BD'ing we do... you'd think we'd get the timing right, ya know?)

Hugs Kalyrra! AF sucks, I'm getting a bit of cramping this evening, so kind of expecting the witch any minute!

:) I've wasted too many tests! Got one left, will see if AF shows today or tomorrow. But I really don't think I'm pregnant. Probably just my LP being wonky if it's late!

When I got pregnant with my LO, I could swear I was not pregnant...when the test said positive I was in complete shock....I had no idea when I ovulated cuz my cycles were all messed up and I didn't think I caught the egg....even after it sunk in, I just didn't feel pregnant.....I was 7 weeks when I found out and I felt empty and normal.....just saying...

Hugs Kalyrra! AF sucks, I'm getting a bit of cramping this evening, so kind of expecting the witch any minute!

Oh I just saw this.... =( I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Ovulation is still way too far off for me.....did an opk strip....Bleh....i didn't think they could be any whiter...

I got positive tests at 10dpo with both my other pregnancies :) It's ok, I know AF is on it's way :)

How are you doing today Kalyrra??
I've still got no AF, had hideous cramping last night, thought she would show any minute and nothing, no cramps this morning. Silly wonky cycle!

Test Iow-bird, test! You are VERY patient!

My LP was only 7 days the first month - 19 months PP. Then I started taking B6 and its now 12 days

. My AF is more like spotting, with a bit of bloody CM - sorry if TMI.

7dpo here.no signs. Thinking its not our month.

There must be another BFP soon on this thread though! Good luck everyone! X

hehe! Leeze, there's no point, I'll just be wasting money. I'm not UTD, just kind of want to get the next cycle started now.

How are you doing today Kalyrra??
I've still got no AF, had hideous cramping last night, thought she would show any minute and nothing, no cramps this morning. Silly wonky cycle!

AF is on her way for sure. I didn't even bother testing today. I had a good bit of red blood on my cervix when I checked it. So now I'm just waiting for the flow to start.

Normally I'm just "oh well" about it... but I'm honestly really disappointed this month. We only want 2 kids, and I want to have my second as soon as possible and be done with all the TTC business, and just enjoy my family and enjoy time with my husband without pressure! :haha: I was also hoping to be able to tell my family about it at Thanksgiving. Now I guess I'll cross my fingers for Christmas. :winkwink:

awwww :( that sucks! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a nice christmas BFP!!!! I'm kind of hoping we make a baby over xmas, not holding out much hope for December as Ben will be away a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->