Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Hi ladies! And thank you so much all you for the support in my situation...hopefully everything gets better...
As far as ttc, I've decided to take a break as I mentioned before...BUT, this cycles dtd Wednesday night and had positive opk Friday afternoon...but Wednesday was the only time we bd...i can't get pregnant right? I mean, if I did, great! But I don't even want to get my hopes up...I'm thinking that I'm gearing up for af because I'm breaking out on my face more than usual...next Tuesday I can test, but I highly doubt I conceived with only that one bd before O day....idk, what do you ladies think?

Hi ladies! And thank you so much all you for the support in my situation...hopefully everything gets better...
As far as ttc, I've decided to take a break as I mentioned before...BUT, this cycles dtd Wednesday night and had positive opk Friday afternoon...but Wednesday was the only time we bd...i can't get pregnant right? I mean, if I did, great! But I don't even want to get my hopes up...I'm thinking that I'm gearing up for af because I'm breaking out on my face more than usual...next Tuesday I can test, but I highly doubt I conceived with only that one bd before O day....idk, what do you ladies think?

You definitely can, it only takes one swimmer to make it :thumbup:

Layla, I think that would be just like the TTC game if you did get pregnant right as you decided to stop trying! :) Definitely possible. Keep us posted!

I think I'm gearing up for O. Have had ewcm, and my opk's are getting darker. I expect to see a positive tomorrow. If we got pregnant this cycle, I would know by Christmas. That would be a fun gift for us! Lol

Layla - it's definitely possible. I don't know the odds, but it has happened!

Layla - I read something recently that the highest likelihood of getting pregnant was when you BD 3 days before ovulation (shortly followed by 2 days before). Seems like you could be right on that.

Kalyrra - Hooray for getting ready to O!

Seattle - Have you tested again? I have a feeling I'll be testing early this time as well.

So FF gave me my ovulation day as Monday, but with dotted crosshairs as my OPKs were positive Monday and Tuesday. Only the Tuesday midday one was positive though and just barely. By Tuesday night it was negative. We BD Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, so I hope we're covered. Oh and if FF is right, I O'd on CD 16 instead of 18 like the past two cycles, so that seems good, I guess? I'm hoping my LP is longer though, much more importantly. Well, I guess I really hope I'm pregnant and then I won't have to worry about LP. :)

Radkat, 3 of the most negative tests you've ever seen. I'm only 9-10 dpo today, so still possible, but discouraging. As much as I try not to get my hopes up, I really thought that between the OPKs, BDing, decreased BF and progesterone that it would happen this month. My son came on first month trying, and then first time trying again we had a chemical, but I might have to accept that I'm just not super-fertile-woman right now.

Did you decide to give the progesterone a shot? It's kept my temp incredibly stable. Check out that straight line on my chart! I think you prob O'ed Monday, and looks like you covered your bases. I'm rooting for you!! And if you can help it, don't test early ;)

Seattle, you are so not out at only 10dpo, especially as you don't have a short LP, you may on be implanting right now, so still not out. But I hear you with the frustrations, I fell pregnant 1st month of trying with Sophia, now onto month number 3! But I have to remind myself that I am 2 years older and breastfeeding now, and juts because it happens so quickly once, as much as I would have loved that again, unlikely to happens twice!

Radcat, yey for O on day 16 again! Sounds like your cycles are sorting themselves out. Fingers crossed for a longer LP.

Kalyrra, happy BDing!

Not much here, I am now CD9 and I am hoping for an earlier O date, last 2 months it has been CD 17. However I decided to stop the B complex. It was something you mentioned Seattle about some people getting shorter cycles and shorter LPs with B complex. After looking into it, i realised that this can happen quite freqently. I realised that my last 3 cycles have been 27, 26 then 25 days. Last month an LP of 8 :( moth before 9, before that, no idea! So this months just want to see what my body is up to and hoping for the Big O somewhere between 14 and 16.

Well I guess you're right that I wasn't out yet because after a temp dip this morning of all things I got my BFP!!! :bfp: This started showing up in the first two minutes! :happydance: I am so happy and hoping so hard that this sticks!

:dust: to everyone!

Attachments

• BFP!.jpg
    BFP!.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
Well I guess you're right that I wasn't out yet because after a temp dip this morning of all things I got my BFP!!! :bfp: This started showing up in the first two minutes! :happydance: I am so happy and hoping so hard that this sticks!

:happydance:

Hooray!!!

Congrats, Seattle!

Thanks Radkat! I'm headed to the doc in an hour and will def be talking progesterone. I will let you know what they say!!

Keep us updated, Seattle. I'm interested in what your doctor will say about the progesterone cream.

Charlie - I got pregnant with LO on my first month too, so I'm kinda a baby about this TTC stuff.

I had a little spotting today, but it's too early for implantation bleeding, only 4DPO. Not sure what that was about. OH is already asking when I can test. Yikes.

Well that was a maddening appointment. I knew I shouldn't have gone in so early, but I wanted an actual doctor to tell me it was safe to use the progesterone cream and I was hoping they'd check my levels to make sure they were good, but she didn't. She said the normal range is so wide that I certainly couldn't do any harm with the cream and should stay on it to be safe. She also said that there's this idea out there that luteal phase and hormone levels are all important for getting pregnant (I was like I think they call that idea science) but that not everyone believes that so she wasn't concerned about where my progesterone levels were. So I guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing!

Infuriatingly, she didn't think I was necessarily pregnant. I was worried their test wouldn't confirm it since it was no longer FMU and I barely needed to pee when I got there, so I took my test just in case. No line on her test. I asked if it was an FRER and she said it didn't matter and I told her it does since FRER measures at 25 and most others start at 50. She said oh, theirs does start at 50 she thinks. Showed her my test and she didn't think it was for sure positive. She said there's an agent in the test and it could just be the agent...oh wait, but this is pink. At the end she handed it back and said that looks more and more positive the more I look at it. So I half heartedly forgive her :winkwink: I'm now on my way to buy more FRERs to use everyday for the next 9 months :haha:

She also said I was going to want to stop BFing before the 2nd trimester because it would exhaust me and that the only kid she ever saw tandem breastfed ended up fat because the milk content was too high for an older child :dohh:

Congrats, Seattle! I hope it sticks!

As far as stopping breastfeeding, do what you want. I've seen a few tandem breastfeed, and their kids aren't fat. lol Your LO may wean once your milk starts changing, that has happened. But I wouldn't be concerned overly.

Radkat - fingers crossed for you!

I've had + opk's the last 2 days, so I'm assuming today was O day. I really should start temping so I know for sure. It'd be nice to know exactly what dpo I was, and exactly how long my LP was.

I'm a little depressed right now. I've been trying to eat healthier, etc... but I keep falling off the wagon! And then last night, my husband told me he was hoping we didn't get pregnant until I lost some weight because he was concerned about complications. I know it's true, and I know I'd totally feel a lot better about myself if I could lose the weight but it still hurt to hear him say it so bluntly.

We did get some bd'ing in the last couple days, so we'll see. Maybe if it doesn't happen this month, we'll take a break and focus on weight loss instead. I would have gotten more serious about it months ago if I'd realize he was that concerned. :cry: I'm not a walking blimp, but I could definitely lose about 40 lbs.

And of course, since I'm all depressed about the weight, what do I do? I eat. It's a vicious cycle. :dohh:

Congratulations, Seattle! Hoping you get more nice big fat bfp's :) And I wouldn't be concerned with weaning personally -- I plan to still let my daughter wean when she's ready even if I get pregnant. I talked to my midwife and she said that's perfectly fine, we'd just have to pay close attention in the 3rd trimester because my daughter was born premature.

kalyrra -- So sorry your hubby was insensitive about your weight loss. I think sometimes guys just really don't think through how their words affect us. Just take it one day at a time and focus on being healthy instead of the weight. That's ok if you have bumps along the road, you'll probably stick to a healthy diet better if it happens gradually. Hope you caught the egg this cycle though :)

Well, I'm 3 dpo and noticed a tiny bit of brown cm today so not at all sure what to think about that. I cramped very noticeably the two days I had positive opk's but have still noticed tiny bouts of cramping since. Not sure what to make of any of it. I assume it's too early for implantation and I really don't think I'd be any more than 3 dpo because I had 2 positive opk's and I'm guessing I ovulated on the second day. Anyway, we'll see what happens!

Hope you are all doing well!

congrats Seattle! your Dr sounds like a bit of a twit, I breast fed Tilly until I 7months preggy and she isn't fat!

congrats Seattle! your Dr sounds like a bit of a twit, I breast fed Tilly until I 7months preggy and she isn't fat!

I was hoping you'd weigh in IOW! Did you find you had to really up your calorie intake to support the pregnancy and breastfeeding?

I think I'm just going to keep doing what feels right for us, and find a new doctor.

Kalyrra, sorry about the added stress and bit of insensitivity from your husband. :hugs:

Seattle, I didn't up anything, I was sick as a dog the whole pregnancy as I get hyperemesis! I was pretty tired for the first tri, then was ok for the 2nd. Worst bit was that I got nursing aversion, so I was cringing feeding Tilly, but I was determined to get to 2yrs with her feeding and couldn't stop! You just do what feels right for you and what works for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->