Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

I haven't tested yet, as I'm only 6 dpo... but you guys testing makes me want to! lol

schmetterling - On IC's, I can sometimes see the indent line where the dye is supposed to fill... maybe that's what you were seeing? Only at a certain angle, I can see it. I'm crossing my fingers, though! Hope you get it right off the bat!

charlie and radkat- it's hard to stick with it when you know your LP is on the short side... but hopefully it'll start getting longer for you! mine was super short the first few cycles, but I took B complex vitamins for 2 cycles, and now they're around 13 days long when before they were 6-9 days long.

welcome back, jokerette! we've missed you! :hugs:

What do you think?

By the way, those are exactly how mine looked with my LO, and I had a definite line on an FRER at the same time! Get an FRER, it'll make you happy!! :thumbup:

Oh, and now you have to post your timeline so the rest of us can stalk it! :haha: What day was O day, which days did you BD?

Congratulations Layla!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so exciting!!! Definitely see those lines!

I think I was probably seeing the indent. If you look long enough I'm sure you're bound to see something lol.

What do you think?

By the way, those are exactly how mine looked with my LO, and I had a definite line on an FRER at the same time! Get an FRER, it'll make you happy!! :thumbup:

Oh, and now you have to post your timeline so the rest of us can stalk it! :haha: What day was O day, which days did you BD?

That's just it!! I only bd'ed ONCE this cycle!! I bd on a Wednesday nov 27, and got positive opk Friday afternoon!!! That's it! I wanted to bd when we got the positive but we didn't get a chance to and so we decided that we wouldn't try anymore until things got smoothed over with the in laws...I didn't think I'd catch the egg...I did a hpt two days ago and it was negative...I am shocked....I don't even know if I should tell OH now...or wait... Thanks a lot ladies!!

P.s joe do I get that progress tracker you mentioned?

YAY! Congratulations Layla!! Thats exactly how mine looked with my last pregnancy and I only BDed once that cycle too!! Happy Healthy 9 months to you!! xxxx

What do you think?

Holy crap! I KNEW this was going to happen for you!!! The second you said you were going to take a break I was like she is knocked up :happydance: I'm so happy for you, Layla!

And what do I think? I think those are some seriously positive tests! :winkwink:

I just knew we were going to see BFPs here by weekends end. And yes, that's BFPs plural, so good luck ladies :dust: Keep testing!!

What do you think?

Holy crap! I KNEW this was going to happen for you!!! The second you said you were going to take a break I was like she is knocked up :happydance: I'm so happy for you, Layla!

And what do I think? I think those are some seriously positive tests! :winkwink:

I just knew we were going to see BFPs here by weekends end. And yes, that's BFPs plural, so good luck ladies :dust: Keep testing!!

Thank you Seattle! I'm so stressed out and scared.....I'm scared it won't stick....I'm scared to tell OH....I'm just scared to death right now. I'm 12 dpo right now and ova pregnancy tracker says Iam 3 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Should I just hold off on telling him?
Will breastfeeding my little one cause me to miscarry? I've heard mixed reviews on that. Some say you can miss carry and some say it doesn't affect the pregnancy. I don't know what to do.

Layla: It won't cause you to miscarry. If you have a high risk pregnancy it can cause issues later on, but you'll be advised to stop before it becomes a problem. I breastfed Tilly until I was 7months pregnant with Noah, and only stopped then because she hit 2, I stopped offering and she stopped asking a month later.
Don't stress sweetheart, there are a lot of misconceptions surrounding breastfeeding & Pregnancy, so you do whatever feels right for you.
xxxx

What do you think?

Thank you Seattle! I'm so stressed out and scared.....I'm scared it won't stick....I'm scared to tell OH....I'm just scared to death right now. I'm 12 dpo right now and ova pregnancy tracker says Iam 3 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Should I just hold off on telling him?
Will breastfeeding my little one cause me to miscarry? I've heard mixed reviews on that. Some say you can miss carry and some say it doesn't affect the pregnancy. I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry you're scared and stressed -- I think that's natural. I felt that way when we found out about our pregnancy with dd and I wasn't breastfeeding. BUT from everything I've read, it is perfectly safe to breastfeed while pregnant. I don't think breastfeeding in itself would cause a miscarriage. If it makes you feel better I have two friends who are pregnant and still breastfeeding. One of them is 9 months pregnant! They've breastfed their whole pregnancies with no issues. Stay positive and congratulations again!

Thank you iow and smetterling...I appreciate that. I feel strange having this kind of news and not sharing with the oh yet...but I still haven't decided if I wanna tell him....should I wait till Christmas?

Thank you iow and smetterling...I appreciate that. I feel strange having this kind of news and not sharing with the oh yet...but I still haven't decided if I wanna tell him....should I wait till Christmas?

Totally your call! Personally I wouldn't be able to wait but it would be a nice Christmas present :) maybe you could tell him you have an early Christmas gift for him and wrap up the positive pregnancy test. Or have your lo wear a big sibling shirt when he comes home and see how long it takes for him to figure it out. I'd probably just blab it right away but I hope I'll be able to do something cute when the time comes.

Totally your call! Personally I wouldn't be able to wait but it would be a nice Christmas present :) maybe you could tell him you have an early Christmas gift for him and wrap up the positive pregnancy test. Or have your lo wear a big sibling shirt when he comes home and see how long it takes for him to figure it out. I'd probably just blab it right away but I hope I'll be able to do something cute when the time comes.

That's a great idea about the big sis shirt! Love it! Thank you! Now let's see if I can hold out long enough then! Lol

What do you think?

FWIW my doc says BFing doesn't interfere with pregnancy, it can just interfere with getting pregnant. That's possibly what I think happened to me 2 cycles ago. I tested positive at 12dpo and the test was soooo faint (far fainter than yours or how mine were this cycle at 12dpo) and then tested again over the next couple days and found they weren't getting darker. I would say that already based on how dark your tests are at 12dpo you're looking good, but if you're worried just test in the next day or two and see if they're darker. That's what I did before telling DH just to make sure it was real and not going anywhere. I was only able to hold the secret a few days tho, never could have waited as long as Christmas!

I can't say I haven't had the same fears about BFing, but I'm gradually gaining more confidence and even starting to nurse my son a little more often again.

Sorry you're stressed and that this is coming as such a surprise, but I know this is ultimately what you want even if the timing isn't perfect! Goes to show that just one well timed BD will do the trick - definitely must be meant to be!

Sorry Laylagirl that you are feeling so stressed about it. I agree with the others, I know several people who have breastfed through pregnancy and have healthy children from it. I think what Seattle says is true about very early mc with a short LP, when people test + at 8 or 9 dpo, at 12 dpo, you're into a good LP, so every chance to be a sticky bean regardless of breastfeeding :flower:

Schmetterling, love the idea of the big sister t shirt....will keep that idea for the day that I need it!

Hubby is still here. Debating whether I should tell him or surprise him tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->