Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Well, spotting started. Looks like I'll be out again. I am due for AF Wed or Thu, normal spotting for me... *sigh*

I'm out. Spotting started yesterday. Full flow today. Really didn't gain anything in my LP either. Boo.

This month will be a challenge as we're traveling. For once i hope I O a little late so we'll be back home.

Gonna up my B6. Other than that I'm not sure.

Sorry Kalyrra and Radkat :hugs:

So anyone else left in the 2WW now or is it just me? I am either 1 or 2 DPO now. This is my first month off the B complex and so far no difference noted in Ovulation, just remains to see if my AF comes later giving me a longer LP. The only other thing is with my temps this month I have had a massive post O rise whereas last month was a really slow rise. No idea if that means that I am better off without the B complex, will see by Christmas. The crazy thing is that I think I will almost be just as excited to have a longer LP as I would a BFP :dohh:

Hi ladies, I have not posted in a Long time in here.
Just wanted to say hi and still trying to catch my 1st egg.

:wave:
:dust:

Sorry kalyrra and radkat! I'll be sending both of you lots of baby dust for the next cycle!

I'm sorry kalyrra and radkat! My LP has been short for months....always 7 days....I tried b6 for a whole cycle...last cycle, I think it went up to 8-9 days LP...but with this cycle...getting my bfp, I tried soy..my ovulation moved up four days...I ovulated on cd 20, instead of cd 24 like always....and my LP was long enough for the egg to try and attatch and my hpts are getting darker and I'm 15 dpo today...I keep testing because I want to make sure my results are darker and not lighter...don't know if that helps any...

Sorry Radkat, I worried it wasn't good news that you were keeping quiet :(

Sorry to you too Kalyrra. But excited for you and your new teaching position!

Charlie, you're the final hope for this group to go out this month with a bang! And if it's not a BFP we can celebrate a longer LP hopefully :winkwink: Curious to see your chart, can you post a link?

Welcome back Sharnw! Baby dust to you!

Hi ladies, this is my first post in this area as have just started ttc#2. I'm still breast feeding my 11 month old ds about 5 times a day, but af came back after 8 months and so far I've had pretty regular 31 day cycles. No idea when/if I'm ovulating though.

I'm not holding out any hopes for this cycle as I'm on day 29 and only started trying on day 26. Just waiting for af now, then can start trying properly with a fresh cycle.

Soo excited to be trying for a baby brother or sister for Ted :happydance:

Em xxx

Welcome Princess Em!

I have a 13 month old and this is my 3rd cycle of TTC, now 3dpo.

Lots of ladies on here have got BFPs this month, so we seem to be having a run of luck, hopefully some can come your way.

Seattle, i will try and post my chart, never done it before though, so may not work.

1st attempt with a link to my chart... i think you can see my chart for my last cycle if you click on the link. It looks very different and the only difference is that i have stopped taking the vitamin B complex. Everything else is the same.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/49897d/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

hi everyone, im new too. im trying to conceive no.3 whilst bf my 6 month old.

i haven't yet had my first AF after the birth so no idea if im ov or not. im guessing not :(

really want to get pregnant asap as i want an autumn baby to complete my family.

feeling fed up.

hi to everyone else esp those in the tww x

Welcome to the new ladies! :hi:

Well, 10 dpo today. I didn't bother testing. No fresh spotting today. I probably wouldn't have even noticed yesterday's if I hadn't been checking my cervix. Kinda miffed, because I want my LP to go back to 14 days like it used to be, and right now I seem to be sitting around 12, but with spotting a couple days beforehand. :dohh:

I wonder if I should start taking my B vitamins again, maybe that would help?

Really bummed, we wanted our kids to be close in age (like, less than 2 years apart) and it's starting to look like that's not going to happen. LO is going to be 1 in January!

welcome cupcakes :hi:

Kalyrra, at 9dpo, could that not have been implantation bleeding?

Did the B vitamins help you before at all? maybe you could try a higher dose? I don't think they made any difference for me, in fact i have a feeling they made it worse or did nothing at all. I guess it depends on the individual. I find having a short LP so frustrating, it is so hard to motivate yourself isn't it? last month mine was 8 days :cry: really hoping for at least 10 days this month, at least it would be an improvement!

hey kalyrra, hope you get your bfp soon. i love having my first 2 so close together which is why i want my 3rd close too. only 14 months between tthem, but i dont seem to be getting pregnant so quickly this time - still no af! aargh.

i dont know about vitimins, do they really help?

welcome cupcakes :hi:

Kalyrra, at 9dpo, could that not have been implantation bleeding?

Did the B vitamins help you before at all? maybe you could try a higher dose? I don't think they made any difference for me, in fact i have a feeling they made it worse or did nothing at all. I guess it depends on the individual. I find having a short LP so frustrating, it is so hard to motivate yourself isn't it? last month mine was 8 days :cry: really hoping for at least 10 days this month, at least it would be an improvement!

I don't think it was implantation. It was bright red. Last time I had IB, it was light pink and just a teeny bit of it. Unless maybe it's different once you've given birth once? :shrug: I just think it's my normal spotting pre-AF. My IC was negative yesterday too. (last time, I got a positive on the same day I saw the IB)

I don't know if the B vitamins helped or not... I don't think I was taking a high enough dose to impact anything, really. I'll have to do some research I guess.

MrsCupcake - I got my AF back around 5 1/2 months pp, LO completely cut out his night feeds. He was eating every 2-3 hrs during the day. Maybe your AF will kick in if you start spacing your feeds out a little more? When are you starting some solids with LO? That will help too.

Welcome Princess Em and Mrs. Cupcake!

Princess Em - It seems like you're ahead of the game with already having regular cycles. Do you plan on temping? If so, that will confirm if you're ovulating.

Mrs. Cupcake - As others said, if you reduce feeds (esp if you reduce/eliminate night feedings), it's more likely that your AF will come back. I had to completely night wean to get mine back when LO was 1 year.

Charlie - Here's hoping for a longer LP. (I'm in the same boat.) Well, always hoping for a BFP, but I get what you mean about just having a longer LP seems like a victory as well.

Kalyrra - The B vitamins I was taking last cycle didn't lengthen my cycle more than a half day, if that even counts. But the B6 was low - only 15 mg, so I got another B complex that had 100mg of B6. We'll see if it helps.

hiya,

she has been sleeping through the night with no feeds since 6 weeks old.

she doesnt have many feeds during the day maybe 2-3 at most, i supplement with bottle feeding as im trying to get my fertility back!

she has been having solids for about 2-3 weeks ish.

im trying everything i can! i really dont there to be a big gap before no.3 because i want them to be equal, not 2 older kids and then a baby.

where is af?! i like testing regularly and nothing. feel like i cant do anymore - only more BD!

Hey ladies. I'd love to join you guys. I have an almost 21 month old DD who is still bf. We've been ttc for almost a year now. Sadly, bf is apparently really good birth control for me. My lp has been 6-7 days since it came back. I've been taking a b50 complex for around 8 months, so by itself, didn't help. I started vitex at the end of October, so hoping that will help in the next couple months. I also have been limiting her nursing to 4 times, will be trying to cut that down. She still asks at least a few times a day currently, so waiting to cut out anymore.

Good luck to those in the tww! I love seeing people who are bf get bfps, gives me a bit of hope.

hiya,

she has been sleeping through the night with no feeds since 6 weeks old.

she doesnt have many feeds during the day maybe 2-3 at most, i supplement with bottle feeding as im trying to get my fertility back!

she has been having solids for about 2-3 weeks ish.

im trying everything i can! i really dont there to be a big gap before no.3 because i want them to be equal, not 2 older kids and then a baby.

where is af?! i like testing regularly and nothing. feel like i cant do anymore - only more BD!

Sleeping through the night since 6 weeks?! Wow, lucky lady! No wonder you're not scared of 3 babies all so close in age :thumbup:

Night feedings would have been my suggestion too (worked like a charm for me) but since you've already done that I wonder if you might be a good candidate for Vitex. I don't personally have any experience with it (I did buy some and was going to use it if I didn't get my BFP, but thankfully did!) but in all the researching and reading I did I came across at least a few stories of women who didn't have AF back, were breastfeeding, started Vitex, and got pregnant. At least one of those never even got her period - just got pregnant!

There's a ton of info about it on the web. Most women take it with B6 or B complex. I personally couldn't find anything that really concerned me about taking it, so I was ready to take the plunge, but obviously do your research and decide for yourself.

Welcome to the new ladies! I hope it's a short journey for you!

Kalyrra I know exactly how you feel. 2 year age difference is what I wanted too, and when I was worried that was slipping away I was getting really depressed. But remember! Your LO isn't 1 for another month, and you still have 3 months after that to conceive and still be within 2 years! And realistically a few months after that wouldn't make much difference, they'd still basically be 2 years apart. So if you think of it that way you have at least half a year to accomplish your goal still!!! :flower:

Really bummed, we wanted our kids to be close in age (like, less than 2 years apart) and it's starting to look like that's not going to happen. LO is going to be 1 in January!

Kalyrra, looks like our boys are only a few weeks apart in age. We'd love to have an age gap of under 2 years as well. Definitely aiming to have 2 under 2 :thumbup:

Welcome Princess Em and Mrs. Cupcake!

Princess Em - It seems like you're ahead of the game with already having regular cycles. Do you plan on temping? If so, that will confirm if you're ovulating.

No, not planning on temping, but will use opks. I meant to start last month to see if I ov, but never got round to it. I'll start using them about day 10 so I don't miss it if it happens early. I used to have a 10 day lp, hopefully pregnancy and bf will have rejigged my cycles to lengthen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->