Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

never heard of vitev until i just did some googling. it says its not suitable for nursing women so that puts me off, also not suitable if pregnant (how will i know if/when i conceive as no periods?).

basically i would love to do something more pro-active to get my fertility back but im too scared!

yes im lucky with her sleeping through so early, she was v colicky up until that time though feeding about every 1hr so it was a shock when she slept through and even more of shock she continued it.

Kalush - sad as it is i think the only way is to cut down on the feeding. i have reluctantly done this but the few feeds a day is still lovely.

i was still bf my son when i got pregnant last time and nursed him for a few months whilst pregnant but then gave up due to returning to work. why not this time?!

its so frustrating isnt it.

goood luck to those using opks. they are my next port of call i think.

AF hasn't showed up yet, I expect it to arrive within the next 48 hrs. I only spotted the one time on Sunday, but this morning there was a teeny bit more red when I checked my cervix. I did use an IC just in case, but it was very very BFN. lol On the last one I used, I saw a faint shadow but I think it was an evap as it was the only one I saw, and that was 2 days ago.

MrsCupcake - I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can ovulate without having AF follow it... so chances are likely you're not ovulating yet; in which case, opk's aren't going to help... they only help when you ARE ovulating as they track your LH surge before ovulation.
Like you said, cutting feeds may be your only option to kick-start it. Will keep my fingers crossed that it shows up for you without too much trouble!

princess_em - aw, that's fun! Little boys are great, aren't they? Wow, a 10 day LP? I hope it lengthens for you, too! In most of our cases, our LP's were shorter coming back while BFing. Mine is still a little shorter than it was pre-baby.

Seattle - yeah, my husband said the same thing! We still have a couple months. I didn't want them 2 years apart, even... wanted it to be less. But can't really help that now, can I? :haha:

Kalush - welcome! :flower:

Ive had a very short Lp since AFs return...7 days and at most, 9 days... I looked into soy isoflavens because i read that a shorter lp was due to weak or poor ovuatiom and that the soy was supposed to boost it. I read and read up on this as ive heard mixed reviews that some who get their bfps went on to miscarry. But the stats i got back on that was that some of the women who had the miscarriages had prior miscarriages before. And the percentage of conpleted pregnancys was about 90% for the ones with bfps, and 8% of those who miscarried had prior micarriages. Im not exact on the stats but i can definitley pull those up if anyone is interested. I got my bfp on my second cycle using soy. I was gearing up for ovulation but something wasnt getting there and i believe it was the estrogen being so low due to breastfeeding. Idk, maybe im wrong but i was willing to give the soy a try and here i am... Hoping this one sticks!

i know im not ovulating because no periods but im hoping to catch the first egg and surely if i use opks then i will know exactly when that is and make sure i dtd?

hoping it sticks laylagirl!

i know im not ovulating because no periods but im hoping to catch the first egg and surely if i use opks then i will know exactly when that is and make sure i dtd?

hoping it sticks laylagirl!

Mrscupcake, have you used opks? Are there ANY lines? Before when i wasnt ovulating, i didnt have much of anything on an opk strip. Maybe try pumping your milk so you daughter can still have the milk? Its the suckling at the breast that causes the absence of af...

no ive never used an opk. going to give it until xmas then will start investigating after xmas more.

feeling quite pmt so maybe af is just around the corner?

I wish there was another way to know for sure....the waiting game sucks for anything.....

Kalyrra - my bfp started with a faint shadow, so you never know. Fingers crossed!

Also, my luteal phase was 9 days my first cycle pp, then 10 days, then I got pregnant the next cycle. So it is possible ladies to get a bfp with a shorter luteal phase, I think it just depends on the person! And finally, I decided to start opk's even though I hadn't gotten my period yet pp and one week later they turned positive and I ovulated! So although you might end up wasting a lot of tests, it is useful if you're trying to catch the first egg :) we hadn't started trying yet but I was still so excited to be ovulating. I'm wishing the very best for you ladies and can't wait to get updates!

Thanks for all this optimism with short LPs and BFP! We can only keep on trying!

Princess Em, did you then conceive with a 10 day LP? Makes me more hopeful if I can only get mine to 10 days!

Cupcakes, hope you are about to O soon and can get cracking with TTC!

And welcome Kalush!

Ive had a very short Lp since AFs return...7 days and at most, 9 days... I looked into soy isoflavens because i read that a shorter lp was due to weak or poor ovuatiom and that the soy was supposed to boost it. I read and read up on this as ive heard mixed reviews that some who get their bfps went on to miscarry. But the stats i got back on that was that some of the women who had the miscarriages had prior miscarriages before. And the percentage of conpleted pregnancys was about 90% for the ones with bfps, and 8% of those who miscarried had prior micarriages. Im not exact on the stats but i can definitley pull those up if anyone is interested. I got my bfp on my second cycle using soy. I was gearing up for ovulation but something wasnt getting there and i believe it was the estrogen being so low due to breastfeeding. Idk, maybe im wrong but i was willing to give the soy a try and here i am... Hoping this one sticks!

I think I am going to do some research into soy, do you know how it works? I guess it increases your oestrogen somehow?

Well ladies, FX I'm Ovulating today. Not sure if will. positive opk yesterday but LO woke up so much last night to nurse. I would say nearly 10 times. That may stop the egg from releasing

Welcome, Kalush! :hi:

Kalyrra - I know what you mean about AF. I was just wanting it to get on with it this cycle. Otherwise, I always second guess. Maybe I am...? When I know I'm not. Best of luck for us both next cycle.

Cupcake - I started doing opks before I had a real AF (spotting a couple days here and there) to see if I was ovulating. I bought a ton of the cheapies bc I didn't know how long I might have to do them. 10 days later I got a positive and a full AF came after that.

So I'm CD3 and my temps are high, like more like post O temps, and AF is light. I'm wondering why so light this month. Not encouraging. My plan for this cycle is adding EPO, increasing Omega 3s and I upped my Bs to a B100 complex. I thought about adding baby aspirin to build my lining, but I decided against it as there are some cautions. I've had a few moments where I just wanted to go buy every supplement/vitamin/food that has ever helped anyone and take/eat it, but I talked myself down. If I ovulate on CD 18, like I have the last couple of cycles, at least we'll be back home so we can ensure proper BDing. BD at the in laws with OH's aunt in the next room is not my idea of a good time.

Thanks for all this optimism with short LPs and BFP! We can only keep on trying!

Princess Em, did you then conceive with a 10 day LP? Makes me more hopeful if I can only get mine to 10 days!

Cupcakes, hope you are about to O soon and can get cracking with TTC!

And welcome Kalush!

I havent had anything past 9 days lp and i dont even know what it could have been this cycle being that i got my bfp , so who knows? AND i only bd'ed ONCE that cycle!! So it must be meant to be!!!

Charlie, yep conceived with a 10 day lp (presumably), at least, that's what my last few cycles had been. I am hoping it gets a bit longer now, but I conceived in our second month ttc last time, so I know that if it stays at 10 days it shouldn't be a problem.

Just waiting for af to arrive now, it's due tomorrow but Sod's law I'm going to be late just when I want to get the next cycle started so I can properly start ttc!

I think I am going to do some research into soy, do you know how it works? I guess it increases your oestrogen somehow?

They say it's natures clomid, tricking your body into thinking it's low on estrogen so you produce more..building up a good ovulation...my first try, I took cd5-9 but felt no changes...so this time I tried cd 2-6 and I ovulated 3 days earlier...I usually O on cd 24...and then at 12 dpo, I got my bfp...I don't know if it was the soy or coincidence...look into it...some ladies swear by it, do say they get bfp but only miscarry....I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Still waiting on AF, kind of glad it hasn't shown yet. Every day = 1 more day of LP that I get, so I'm okay with that. However, a little miffed about the little bit of blood at 9 dpo, then disappearing for the most part... what's with that? I'm not pregnant, all my tests have been negative. Why would I spot so early, but have no flow yet? *sigh*

Still waiting on AF, kind of glad it hasn't shown yet. Every day = 1 more day of LP that I get, so I'm okay with that. However, a little miffed about the little bit of blood at 9 dpo, then disappearing for the most part... what's with that? I'm not pregnant, all my tests have been negative. Why would I spot so early, but have no flow yet? *sigh*

Are you 100% sure you aren't pregnsnt? Maybe test again in the morning? I got bfp at 12 dpo....bfn before that...you never know until af shows...keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey :) sorry I've not been about! we're all moved into our new house now. Lots of boxes to unpack though!!!!!!!
AF arrived on Monday, was expecting it though so not bothered :)
xxx lots of posts to catch up on, haven't had chance yet. Hope everyone is ok xxx

good luck sharnw, and commiserations to those with af visiting.

i just took a cheapy test (i have a ton of them and i give in every now and again and test)

unsurprisingly it was a BFN. i strained and went cross eyed but def no second line. sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->