Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Still waiting on AF, kind of glad it hasn't shown yet. Every day = 1 more day of LP that I get, so I'm okay with that. However, a little miffed about the little bit of blood at 9 dpo, then disappearing for the most part... what's with that? I'm not pregnant, all my tests have been negative. Why would I spot so early, but have no flow yet? *sigh*

Are you 100% sure you aren't pregnsnt? Maybe test again in the morning? I got bfp at 12 dpo....bfn before that...you never know until af shows...keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm sure. AF is going to show probably today. I'm 13 (possibly 14) dpo, and that's when it has shown itself the last 2 cycles. My CM is picking up like it does for AF, and it's pink so I know the :witch: will be here shortly.

Just in case, I did take another IC this morning bu it was very BFN. I knew it was going to be, but I had that itsy bitsy teeny weeny hope left since no flow was going yet. :haha: Oh well.

I just found you ladies :wave:

I'm on my first cycle of TTC#2 and breastfeeding our 19 month old about 4-6 times per day still. My LP is about 9-11 days at the moment but I'm taking b6 hoping to lengthen it.

Right now I'm about 2DPO (hard to keep accurate temps with a teething tot waking at all hours!) so keeping my fingers crossed :D

I'm still waiting for af as well. Normally I get a day of spotting and then it starts, but nothing so far. I tested this morning, but got a :bfn: just hoping :witch: shows herself soon!

Welcome, Tigerlily! :flower:

Boo to the BFNs going around.

I'm CD5. Nothing much to report. I'm leaving on Saturday to travel to see family for the holidays. Trying to organize some BDing as I should be ovulating the day or 2 after we get back. The silver lining is that at least I can have a drink or two over the holidays. No making up reasons why I'm not drinking!

Yes boo to these BFNs!

But Kalyrra, sounds like you have a good LP at least, which is promising for next month :thumbup:

Radkat at least you won't be Oing while with the family!

Welcome tigerlilly.

Not much going on here. I am 6DPO. I may test on Monday if AF hasn't got me first!

Well ladies, I thought I was ovulating. I guess my egg didn't release. My temp never rose today :(

So sorry to hear about the latest AF appearances..

But hooray for two BFP's!!!!

I'm still hanging around though my son weaned three months ago. I miss Breastfeeding terribly. :( and it just goes to show that weaning does not equal pregancy cause I'm still TTC! Keep trying ladies and I'll be here with you :) hopefully we all get some BFP's soon!

I think I'm going to ovulate any day now. My opk was slightly darker today so I'm hoping for a real dark one tomorrow! I also have lots of EWCM and my cervix is open and soft. We BD'd the last two nights and plan on doing it again the next few nights til we see a temp jump! FX!!

I know I keep saying this, but I should really start temping to find out exactly when I ovulate so I know exactly how long my LP is. AF still hasn't started flowing, although I can feel it getting closer. So I think it's safe to say I have a 12-13 day LP at the moment, although I'm not entirely thrilled about the fact that I've had blood making appearance since 9 dpo.

I really thought this cycle was going to be it, my CM was suddenly copious, had great EWCM, and we BD'd a ton! You'd think we would have hit a good window, but apparently not!

Kalyrra - Doesn't it suck when you've done everything right but still... Nothing.

Sharnw - Sorry about not o'ing. Hopefully soon?

Jokerette - Sounds like you're on it for this month.

Charlie - Definitely glad to not be o'ing with the fam. But to be covered, we'll be BDing during that time. Awkward.

The :witch: is here. Showed up when I woke up this morning. Bummed in a fundamentally "we're TTC" way, but at the same time I'm glad it's finally here and I can get on with the next cycle. Also, I had a pretty good LP compared to the super short previous ones. Today is 14 or 15 dpo from the 2 days I was thinking I ovulated, so either way I have about a 13-14 day LP. I'm good with that! (although it makes waiting for AF suck because it's longer! :haha:)

radkat - I can't even imagine trying to BD with the family that close...

works christmas do tonight, at least as i have BFN i can enjoy a drink or 2.... a friend announced her pregnancy today and im really pleased for esp as she miscarriage a while ago but i really wish i could join her.

Still no af here. Just wondering, does anyone know if your cycles can appear to come back normally, and then go wonky if you increase the amount you breastfeed? My ds has upped his night feeds over the last few weeks because he's been ill. Perhaps this is keeping af away :shrug:

Princess_em - Mine have done that. They would be the same for a couple months, then change. I've had 24 day cycles and 30 day ones.

Kalyrra - Sorry about af. That is a great lp though! It's definitely annoying to be doing everything you can bd wise and nothing. Hopefully this next one will be it for you!

afm - Thanks for the welcome. I've a nice fun migraine the last 3 days, so glad it's pretty much gone since we are headed to my parents for the holidays. We are going to be in the bding with family around. We're sharing a room with DD too, so bathroom sexy times. I'm guessing O will be sometime the end of next week or weekend. It decided to be cd 22 the last couple cycles instead of 18, would be nice if it would move up around 18 again.

im happy to report that af showed up unexpectedly today! so the ttcing starts properly v soon. actually slightly nervous now! lol (and i can continue bf knowing im ovulating hopefully)

AF has turned up for me as well. Cycle day 2 now, seems like such a long wait until O! :coffee:

Hi ladies. Cant believe I missed 2 BFPs. Huge congrats to you both.

Welcome to the newbies too. This is a very friendly and supportive thread.

Sorry for my absence, we didn't TTC last month as I received some awful news about my boyfriend from college days being murdered. I wasnt in the right headspace to TTC.

So, I'm on about CD3 now and back on for this month! Feeling encouraged by the BFPs and am glad you ladies are hanging around XX

PS someone asked about how to encourage weaning. I got a great La Leche league book with some tips in it. Its called "how weaning happens". One thing I find that works quite well is to say "not now but after XXX". Only thing with my LO is that if I manage to delay her having mummy milk then she just has twice as much in the next feed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->