Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Kalush - You are definitely pregnant! Awesome!

Kalyrra - I'm super impressed with your weight loss. Even if some is water weight, 14 lbs is a lot! Amazing. Congrats to LO on his bday. Mine is the same day!

Jokerette - Congrats on great numbers. I'm sure that helps you breathe easy.

Charlie - This cycle was different in that I had a very long period (9 days with a day of spotting on either end, instead of 5 days), I had some EWCM, which I've never had before and BD during my fertile period was... umm... really good, like best since before LO was born. Soo... I don't know what all that means. Oh and I O'd on CD 20 instead of 18 like on the last few cycles, but that could be because we were traveling so things were thrown off.

I'm also reducing bf, maybe stopping completely soon. We're down to only bf before bed now. Hard to decide when the last bf will be. I think I'm resisting more than she will.

charlie, dont get sucked into the POAS addiction! LOL, it can be more stressful than its worth! :rofl:

Hi ladies, I posted on here awhile back and then kinda drifted off so I hope you don't mind me coming back! Last month was our first actually trying and it was a bfn, but not a big deal as we're still in the process of moving house. I just really wanted to chat with mummies in a similar boat because dd is 19 months and still bfs once, maybe twice if she wakes in the night, every day. last cycle was the first my lp is back to normal (14 days) which was great, but I still can't shake the feeling that bfing might make ttc more difficult for me. i'm torn between gently encouraging dd to wean or carrying on - did anyone else have this dilema? I feel so selfish, especially as I mentioned it to my mum last night who's very pro bfing (which is great) but she said in not so many words that I shouldnt wean her until.at least two, we have a lovely bond and she's not sure dd would react well to a sibling. now I feel pretty horrible about the whole thing...

Hi ladies, I posted on here awhile back and then kinda drifted off so I hope you don't mind me coming back! Last month was our first actually trying and it was a bfn, but not a big deal as we're still in the process of moving house. I just really wanted to chat with mummies in a similar boat because dd is 19 months and still bfs once, maybe twice if she wakes in the night, every day. last cycle was the first my lp is back to normal (14 days) which was great, but I still can't shake the feeling that bfing might make ttc more difficult for me. i'm torn between gently encouraging dd to wean or carrying on - did anyone else have this dilema? I feel so selfish, especially as I mentioned it to my mum last night who's very pro bfing (which is great) but she said in not so many words that I shouldnt wean her until.at least two, we have a lovely bond and she's not sure dd would react well to a sibling. now I feel pretty horrible about the whole thing...

First of all, please don't let anyone let you feel guilty about the amount of time you choose to Breastfeed. It's such a personal decision, especially at this age! I felt very similar to you around the same age. I loved nursing my son but something in my gut just told me I was ready to be done. I ended up weaning him at 19 months. There have been days that I miss it terribly... But most days have been ok and my son and I enjoy cuddles before bed still. No one can tell you what to do or what is right for you. We are here to support you no matter what. Click on the link in my signature for my Breastfeeding journal. The first post has ALL the updates so you don't even have to scroll through the whole thread. :hugs:

First of all, please don't let anyone let you feel guilty about the amount of time you choose to Breastfeed. It's such a personal decision, especially at this age! I felt very similar to you around the same age. I loved nursing my son but something in my gut just told me I was ready to be done. I ended up weaning him at 19 months. There have been days that I miss it terribly... But most days have been ok and my son and I enjoy cuddles before bed still. No one can tell you what to do or what is right for you. We are here to support you no matter what. Click on the link in my signature for my Breastfeeding journal. The first post has ALL the updates so you don't even have to scroll through the whole thread. :hugs:

thanks :flower: oh yes I remember your journal from the BFing forum. I know what you mean, part of me really wants to carry on BFing but part of me wishes dd was ready to be done. I had wanted her to self wean but earlier rather than later iykwim! How long did it take your LO to forget about it? I think if I knew it wouldnt effect me ttc and dd would wean herself while I was pregnant I'd carry on, but we dont live in an ideal world and we dont have a crystal ball. Congrats on your pregnancy and sorry for your previous loss - I hope this one is a really sticky one!

Super frisbee: I agree, no one should make you feel that there is a set amount of time to breastfeed for. Personally (and this is just my experience) I won't wean to ttc, I got preggy after 2 months ttc with DS who I'm still feeding now at 10 months. DD was 18 months when I got preggy with Noah, and still feeding 3 times a day and overnight, I fed her until I was 7 months preggy and she self weaned at 25 months. We tried for 12 months to get Tilly and I wasn't breastfeeding. I would prefer to let nature take its course and would rather wait for number three and keep feeding if there was a choice between to two. But, that just the way I feel about it, and you may feel differently, in which case, do what you feel is right for you and your family. There's no right or wrong answer. I don't think you need to make the decision right now though, your only on your second month ttc and average time to get your bfp is 6 months anyway
:)

As for me, I'm still resisting testing :) having round ligament pain and feeling wiped out, but think it's the result of a cold rather than pregnancy! Will see if af shows on Monday! X x

:wohoo:
Charlie - YaY for an earlier O! Definitely is a good thing.

Took a picture of the last three days of tests. Today is definitely a lot darker, no squinting needed. I'm so excited!

https://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x330/SillySmiles5/Random%20Things/3Tests_zps3981a868.jpg

:wohoo:

Yay yay yay!

Guessing I'm around 5 dpo today, but not confident of that. lol I told hubby now that I've decided to focus on losing some weight before getting prego that it'll probably be the time I DO get pregnant. :haha:

Down 15 lbs, and about 45 to my ultimate goal, but I'd love to lose another 20 before getting pregnant at least. I drastically changed my diet... no starches/breads, no sweets. Only lean protein and veggies, and certain low sugar fruits. Watching my calories. I don't even want to contemplate how many calories I was taking in before! :blush:

Where is everyone at in their cycle?

Guessing I'm around 5 dpo today, but not confident of that. lol I told hubby now that I've decided to focus on losing some weight before getting prego that it'll probably be the time I DO get pregnant. :haha:

Down 15 lbs, and about 45 to my ultimate goal, but I'd love to lose another 20 before getting pregnant at least. I drastically changed my diet... no starches/breads, no sweets. Only lean protein and veggies, and certain low sugar fruits. Watching my calories. I don't even want to contemplate how many calories I was taking in before! :blush:

Nice job on the weight loss!!!
I felt like every diet I tried made my milk supply go down :/

Hi ladies. I'm still in shock as I got a bfp on 9dpo (am now 12dpo) and I am still bf'ing my 2 y/o dd. I had an early mc a year ago and I'm wondering if it was because I continued to bf. Does anyone feel nervous to continue bf'ing during pregnancy? DD is definitely not wanting to wean AT ALL! She seems to have kicked it up a notch lately, too. TIA for your feedback. I'm not sure I want to wean completely, but just cut down A LOT!

Baby Dust to everyone! :dust:

Breastfeeding shouldn't cause mc :) I fed dd until I was 7 month preggy, never advised to stop. Only becomes an issue if you have a high risk pregnancy, x

Super frisbee: I agree, no one should make you feel that there is a set amount of time to breastfeed for. Personally (and this is just my experience) I won't wean to ttc, I got preggy after 2 months ttc with DS who I'm still feeding now at 10 months. DD was 18 months when I got preggy with Noah, and still feeding 3 times a day and overnight, I fed her until I was 7 months preggy and she self weaned at 25 months. We tried for 12 months to get Tilly and I wasn't breastfeeding. I would prefer to let nature take its course and would rather wait for number three and keep feeding if there was a choice between to two. But, that just the way I feel about it, and you may feel differently, in which case, do what you feel is right for you and your family. There's no right or wrong answer. I don't think you need to make the decision right now though, your only on your second month ttc and average time to get your bfp is 6 months anyway
:)

As for me, I'm still resisting testing :) having round ligament pain and feeling wiped out, but think it's the result of a cold rather than pregnancy! Will see if af shows on Monday! X x

Thank you for this. you're right maybe I'll keep going unless ttc is proving difficult. early days yet! That said I didnt feed her this morning because she didn't ask for it. I do think she's getting to the point where she doesn't "need" it so I might go down the dont offer, dont refuse line for a while, even if that means she doesn't get bm everyday, as she normally.only asks in the morning anyway. good luck to you (and everyone) on getting your bfp and thank you for your kind words.

Breastfeeding shouldn't cause mc :) I fed dd until I was 7 month preggy, never advised to stop. Only becomes an issue if you have a high risk pregnancy, x

Thanks iow_bird! I am considered high risk just because of "advanced maternal age." My last successful pregnancy was with no complications or anything health wise, so not sure what to think. Thanks for the response! :flower:

Breastfeeding should not cause miscarriage. In fact sudden abrupt weabing can cause a big progesterone drop which wouldn't be great for a new pregnancy either! Congrats!!!!

Me too! 6DPO today. Trying to be hopeful, but not symptom spot too much. FF gave me another dotted crosshairs which is annoying to me, but I think it's pretty obvious when I o'd so I'm OK with it. Got another temp raise today, so that seems good. Anyone else in the TWW?

Me too! 6DPO today. Trying to be hopeful, but not symptom spot too much. FF gave me another dotted crosshairs which is annoying to me, but I think it's pretty obvious when I o'd so I'm OK with it. Got another temp raise today, so that seems good. Anyone else in the TWW?

I might be about to go into the TWW, possibly Oing today, CD 15, temps will tell over the next couple of days.

Well done on the weight loss Kalyrra :thumbup:

Breastfeeding should not cause miscarriage. In fact sudden abrupt weabing can cause a big progesterone drop which wouldn't be great for a new pregnancy either! Congrats!!!!

Thanks jokerette! I did not know about progesterone dropping with weaning. Looks like dd won't let that happen anyway. :nope:

Congrats on your BFP! :happydance:

As far as I know AMA wouldn't be a reason to wean, but don't know enough about it sorry! Congratulations on you bfp!

As far as I know AMA wouldn't be a reason to wean, but don't know enough about it sorry! Congratulations on you bfp!

Yeah, I don't think it's a good enough reason to wean either. Thanks!

FF told me ovulation was a day after I thought it was, but I wasn't temping, so I'm not too convinced either way. Lol will just have to see when AF arrives I guess!

How's it going? Temp still up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->