Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

I won't reduce feeds to help TTC, I'd rather just wait and see what happens. LO is only 6 months though, so if he was older I might feel differently :)

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have reduced at 6 months. But after 18 months with no AF I had started to consider it. Plus I'm 41 so haven't really got time on my side!

Well, on CD 10 and no positive opk, so I'm at least one day ahead of last cycle! I really hope this cycle is closer to normal. I haven't been taking the B6 often, and I wonder if maybe it caused me to O early last cycle? *shrug* Who knows? :shrug: It certainly didn't do anything for my LP. lol Of course, I didn't expect it to work wonders in just once cycle, especially since it was such a short cycle to begin with.

Question: Has anyone else experienced wacky mood swings due to the hormones trying to regulate themselves? I feel like a roller coaster. Some days, I'm in a fantastic mood and others I feel like punching a wall, or curling up into a corner and crying. Half the time, I just feel like I'm in a haze... not really "depressed" in the sense of the word, but not really feeling much of anything. Am I alone in this?

I assumed it's from the hormone changes. But I've also gone through a ton of changes in the last 6-9 months. Obviously pregnancy, then giving birth... I quit my full time job (huge change for me), stay at home with LO, lost a pet unexpectedly, etc... So I don't know if I'm finally starting to crack under the stress of change, or if it's hormonal. Or both. :haha:

Question: Has anyone else experienced wacky mood swings due to the hormones trying to regulate themselves? I feel like a roller coaster. Some days, I'm in a fantastic mood and others I feel like punching a wall, or curling up into a corner and crying. Half the time, I just feel like I'm in a haze... not really "depressed" in the sense of the word, but not really feeling much of anything. Am I alone in this?

I assumed it's from the hormone changes. But I've also gone through a ton of changes in the last 6-9 months. Obviously pregnancy, then giving birth... I quit my full time job (huge change for me), stay at home with LO, lost a pet unexpectedly, etc... So I don't know if I'm finally starting to crack under the stress of change, or if it's hormonal. Or both. :haha:

Yes! I keep getting happy moods, then other days this darkness will come over me and I'll be like 'life's shit, life's shit' Then it passes. I think it's hormones. Since taking B6 I think it's made a difference though. It's been almost 2 weeks since I felt this way but it was happening a couple of times a week before that!

I definitely get mood swings, but I put it down to sleep deprivation! Plus working 3 days a week. Mind you, I did say for a few months before I got the mini AF that I felt like I had PMS most of the time! Also, much as I love being a parent, I also think sometimes its really hard work.

I met someone at LOs nursery today who's got a 3-week old baby. I have to admit to going a little gooey! She said its a lot easier the second time. I really hope this is true because sometimes I think having a toddler and newborn must be really hard work

Thanks! I'm so glad it's not all in my head! :haha: My poor OH. There was literally about 2 weeks of me not feeling like doing anything except care for LO. The house was a wreck, and then I got sick and added more time to it not getting cleaned, and he snapped one morning after he got home from midnight shift. He cleaned up most of the house, and then went to bed without saying a single word to me. I felt horrible. It kind of helped snap me out of it for a bit though! Now I'm trying to be more productive.

The only other thing is that I have pretty much no outside contact with anyone. Being a stay at home mom rocks, but it sucks socially! And I used to be a social butterfly so it is really bringing me down to be alone with LO all the time. Not that I don't love him, he's the light of my life! :flower: But sometimes an adult conversation is sooo nice. lol

Kalyrra - I know what you mean about the social contact. Its a huge change, isn't it? I started going to some mum and baby groups when my LO was about 5 or 6months old and they saved me from the loneliness I was feeling..I've got 2 really good mum friends now and a few others that I get on ok with. My main social.contact happens during the day when I meet my mum friends. Do you go to any groups etc? I'd really recommend it if you've got anything like that near you.

So, I still haven't had a positive O and it feels like the line is getting even lighter. I started in half a tablet of Vit B6 today so lets see if this does anything. Fingers crossed. Anyone doing anything in particular to help with TTC? I did so much when TTC the first one and feel like I'm doing very little this time? I'm hoping my body will know what to do more easily this time. I don't know if I can cope with a long period of TTC . Fingers crossed for us all xo

Leeze - I don't go to any kind of mom groups. I guess I never really thought about it. The main social contact I get is church on Sundays. I will have to look into some local Mom groups and see what there is around me. Thanks for the suggestion! :hugs:

CD 11, and still negative opk's. Believe it or not, I'm happy about that! Maybe I'll O around CD 14 like I used to, and have a normal cycle! Wishful thinking? :haha: Hubby is on night shift, and I haven't seen him much, but we've managed to DTD the last 2 days. We're leaving to go camping next week, and if I O then, that could be interesting! We might be :sex: in a tent on an air mattress after LO is asleep! Next to my parents' camper! :rofl:

Having a toddler and a newborn isn't as hard as it sounds :) tilly was 2yrs 4 months when Noah arrived :) and she's been awesome! So this is really my 2nd time ttc while breastfeeding :)
Nothing much new going on here, af has stopped, I'm feeling quite positive about life again, and Noah turned 6 months today!
Hope your all having a lovely weekend! xx

Kalyrra - mum groups have saved my sanity so I hope you find something good near you. We did baby signing groups - this was amazing. Funny idea about DTD near your parents - like being a teenager!

Iow-bird - thats great to hear its not too hard as I hear a lot of horror stories. I guess some of it is also about your approach as a parent and how you meet the needs of both children. Happy 6 months to Noah!

Is anyone else a PCMI (professional cervical mucous inspector) !!
Every time I pee, I'm checking my cm on the toilet paper! Last time I was ttc I never bothered with it but this time I'm pretty obsessed. Can't quite bring myself to go in for further inspection though! The thought of touching my own cervix makes me feel a bit weird!!!

Is anyone else a PCMI (professional cervical mucous inspector) !!
Every time I pee, I'm checking my cm on the toilet paper! Last time I was ttc I never bothered with it but this time I'm pretty obsessed. Can't quite bring myself to go in for further inspection though! The thought of touching my own cervix makes me feel a bit weird!!!

I'm definitely on the look-out for EWCM - on the daily toilet paper and knicker watch! Last month I had 3 days of it. That's what gave me the idea it was O time. I don't remember ever having that much before. That's what is giving me the hope that I haven't missed O yet this month as I haven't seen any yet. I must be on about CD29 and no sign yet. I started taking half a B6 tablet a day a few days ago. Not sure if you're meant to wait for CD1 but I thought I'd give it a go!

I'm so excited I found this forum!! My LO will turn 1 on the 16th. AF returned after about 6 months, and we have been ntnp for the past 4 months, but I think we're about ready to get serious about it now. I'm in the tww right now, about 10 dpo, and having some (possibly all in my head!) symptoms, so I guess we'll see! Took about 18 months to get our first one, it would be amazing to not have to try so hard this time

Hi lezze sorry for the late responce my laptop has been acting up and my keyboard is having issuses. my cycle length last month was 40 days an i am not sure about my luteal phase because i was having trouble with cheap opks. but this month i am CD21 and just got my positive on clear blue OPK today so i am hopeful this will be our month. so i will know after this month about my luteal phase. yes my LO is crawling and i felt ready to try earlier but my body wasn't ready yet, i want a big family with small age gaps. I honestly can't wait to be pregnant again i had a wonderful pregnancy and was even one week earlier then my due date! I really miss it and while i am so excited to already be a mother i want to expand my family. i am worried about being pregnant and haveing a LO though!. expecially because i know he is getting into everything now.

It's not so bad having a small age gap :) I have 2yrs 4 months between my 2LO's and will hopefully have less between Noah and the next bubba! It can't be that bad if I
m ready to do it again already :)
I'm so ready to be preggy now, I was kinda worried last month, but really hoping this month we get a BFP! I'm doing ov tests and they're getting darker slowly. Whether that means anything or not, who knows! I'd like to Ov around CD15, but I'm a bit worried I might be Oving later in my cycle, like around CD23. Finger crossed I get a +ve either this weekend or early next week. :) xxx

I'm TTC while BFing ...again. I conceived DS without AF while still BFing DD and went on to tandem nurse for 15 months.

I've had one period since DS was born and got pregnant next cycle. That pregnancy ended in a MMC at 10weeks though baby stopped growing around 6weeks.

Still bleeding from the miscarriage and I'm meant to wait until mid September before getting pregnant so I'm not giving birth at my sisters wedding.

When I got pregnant last two times I had no co-sleepers. However since the heat wave DS has decided he sleeps in the big bed again, so I'm wondering if I'm going to find my fertility stays away while he's in bed.

Hello! We're ntnp atm we'd like to conceive around the time ds turns one, but \I haven't had a single af since ds was born. This worries me a lot as I don't know anyone else that's gone this long without af since giving birth?? Can I take soy iso whilst bfeeding to try and help?

With DD AF would have come back at 13 months if I hadn't got pregnant.

With DS AF didn't come back until 16 months.

I need to be feeding less often than 3-4times a day and baby sleeping through before I get AF/ fertility back.

Thank you for your help celesse. On a day when ds wants it I feed up to 5 times and twice at night. On a day where he isn't interested it will only be three times and he sttn.
Thank you again and so sorry for your loss x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->