Anyone want to buddy up with a lack of symptoms??

Sorry Nicole, I totally forgot to answer that part of your question, it's clearly past my bed time! Yeah, they had to sedate him, even gave him anti-anastasia but still definitely dopey! Thanks for the info though b.c I was about to force some water down his throat! I'll just leave him be then and let him sleep off his meds. My pets are definitely like my kids! Sometimes when I'm hormonal, I'll think about the day when it's Nick's time and I just start balling! It's not fair that they don't live longer!

Well, I'm off to bed! Have a good night!

Lilies....I realyl hope your fur baby gets better soon.

So...HP7 was great. landon was enjoying it alot. And the popcorn...I totally know what you mean about explaining the movies to the kids. It's important to do that.
So...I feel blah as I snarfted back 3/4 of a bag of buttery popcorn and a coke zero. I know...bad me. I always feel like poop after I eat it but damn it's tastes good at the moment.
So what u hot ladies doing tonite? I am going to watch some taped american justice.....fun times. I love true crime, Hubby is going to be calling me in about 2 hours as he is at a club with a friend listening to music. I wish I was there with him.....all I have is his pillows that I sprayed with cologne.

Ok...so I am going crazy ladies. A few weeks ago I started getting my depression and OCD symptoms back (went off meds to get prego). My dr. prescribed zoloft and they said it was the safest during pregnancy. But I am just soooo paranoid that I am doing the LO harm. I took prozac throughout my pregnancy with Lexi and she came out just fine....so I figured that is what they'd give me, but instead they gave me zoloft. Now I can't find anyone whose taken it while pregnant :(
What do you guys think?? I mean surely my dr. wouldn't give me anything that could harm my baby right? (same question reeds was asking about her migraine meds!!). I KNOW that I NEED my medication, I am completley miserable and my family is getting the brunt of it, which I don't want.

Also, Reeds: I tried to do some research for you about imitrax, but the latest info I could find was that it got a "C" for pregnancy classification from the FDA...but that was in 2006...anything could have changed by then. Here's the website: https://www.safefetus.com/DrugDetail.asp?DrugId=297&TradeName=Imitrex&TradeId=4768

WOW...Nicole...don't know what to think. I wont even fill my Rx for vomitting. I don't know where I sit on this. I am so pararniod myself. Drug companys pay Dr's with kick backs....my fear is that whatever I take, 5 or 10 years down the road they will have a class action lawsuit about the med and discover all these kids that have been around for a few years with similar health concerns. Ya know what i mean....but on the other hand, depression is real and can be harmful...it's a catch 22.

I have taken things during this pregnancy as paranoid as I am..I have to be able to function to also make a healthy baby. And with the headaches and nausea I have been having I haven't been able to eat so I have had no choice. We have to make those decisions and trust that our drs are doing what is best for us and the baby. Even with the kickback, which I am not sure they get here in the sates, I don't think that my dr would knowingly give me something to harm the baby. I pray not anyway.

Reeds...you got me wrong. I am not saying your Dr would knowingly give you something harmful for the baby. It's the long term studies that haven't been done.
Example of what I was trying to say....

The drug named "extreme55" is given to ladies with vomitting in pregnancy. This drug came onto the market in 2008 with a few years of studies to show that it was safe for woman to take when they are pg. It showed no harm to mom and baby as there were 3 years of studies on these children after birth to see there was no health concerns. Well....say if you you have a girl. In 2028...(20 years later) studies show there is a huge outbreak of infertility in woman ...then in 2030 they see that it's only in woman 20yrs to 22yrs who's mother was taking "extreme55" while pg that are having these health concerns.
You also have to remember what I do for work, I have seen many individuals with major health concerns due to medication that was approved for PG then taken off the market years later. Granted that was in the 60's and 70's....LOL...call me paranoid, she just asked my opinion. And it's a personal one for each woman to make.

Oh no I agree with you to a extent Carole. But I think with everything there is a risk...including even taking clomid to get pregnant. Like you said in 20 years it may show side affects but unfortunately we have no way to predict the future and sometime we have to just live in the now and pray that we are doing right...

EXACTLY.....I know what your saying. It's tough....I have to take asthma meds daily as was given shit as I wasn't taking enough of my steriod inhaler.

That it is.....I know all on this site is rejoicing in the fact they are pg or giving it their all to get pg....and truly care about their babies or soon to be babies or they wouldn't be here.

Thanks for all the input ladies. :) It's so very hard to try and decide to take (or not to take) meds while prego. Like I said I took prozac w/ Lexi and she's fine so far...so I have to hope it will be the same with this med. When the prescribed it a while ago (thinking back it was after my hospital trip..so 12 weeks!!)....I took it for a few days and then freaked out...paranoia kicked in. But these last few weeks have been horrible. Not only am I miserable...but what's worse is that I am making everyone around me miserable. I have no patience for Lexi anymore...and that is not the kind of mom I am :( It truly breaks my heart...so I had to bite the bullet and start taking the meds. I just hope and pray it doesn't hurt the baby.

Nicole we will be praying for you as well. You really have to do what's best for you...and the baby. But you also have to look out for Lexi all aspects of all this is important. Good luck huni. We are all here for you

I agree Nicole...you do what u need to do to make it through the day.

Reeds...Dr actually put me at 18w5d..I never changed my ticker. It doesn't matter as my c-sec date is not changing from first week in April...lol. That's all i care about.

Hi, I am around the same time as you and I have had really sore boobs, nausea, tiredness and frequent trips to the loo up until yesterday when they suddenly disappeared and I started getting stabbing pains feeling as though they are coming from my cervix.....similar to what I got in the last trimester with my previous 2 pregnancies. I am waiting for my midwife to get back to me to book my first appointment with her but I went to the emergency doctor earlier today as I just dont feel pregnant anymore and I am so worried. I have been booked in for a scan next friday so I have to wait until then to see whats going on (if anything) . I think I am worrying this time round as I am 38 with medical problems that can cause problems during pregnancy

No....I am going mad....I Am the same as you!!!!!!!!!lol see all this worrying is making me go loopy:dohh:

Hi hun. I think we are a bit farther along than you but you are more than welcome to chat with us. Most of us are in our 2nd tri but we have been down the path you are on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->