Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Thank you thanks you ladies! You always make me feel better. I'm going to pray and pray that I get a temp rise tomorrow. This is my last chance for normalcy. Talk to you girls tomorrow.

You and me both. Temp rises all around tomorrow please!

Good luck...I can't wait to see what everyone's temps look like tomorrow!

Temp rose a tad. DIdn't get to bd last night. Dh has a stomach bug or something.:nope: We bd'd on tues last. I hope it's enough. Maybe we will try again tonight but it might be too late. Anyway, I'm very tired and run down. I feel really broken. Hoping it all gets better soon. I'm just scared that this may be my last chance for a while because of my crazy cycles. Hope vitex starts working. What I wouldn't do for a 28 day cycle.

If yesterday was O day bd'ing tuesday should be fine. I read somewhere the best days are the day before and two days before O day. Hopefully your temp continues to go up this time.

I wish I would get a normal 28 day cycle as well and am also praying vitex works. CD20 here and absolutely nothing is happenning still. Most normal people are expecting AF to show up a week from now and I am still sitting around waiting to O, ugh I hate this :growlmad:

If yesterday was O day bd'ing tuesday should be fine. I read somewhere the best days are the day before and two days before O day. Hopefully your temp continues to go up this time.

I wish I would get a normal 28 day cycle as well and am also praying vitex works. CD20 here and absolutely nothing is happenning still. Most normal people are expecting AF to show up a week from now and I am still sitting around waiting to O, ugh I hate this :growlmad:

I know exactly how you feel. Last night when dh was sick I began to cry because I knew that he would be in no mood to bd. He was very supportive and apologetic which he usually is not so much (especially when it is about sex because we do it often enough and I think he gets offended and thinks I'm not satisfied with how often we do it). I told him all about how I think I may be ovulating and how I got the pos opks. I told him that I had gotten one earlier in the month but that my body apparently failed to ovulate. I was hysterical.I explained the whole temperature thing to him as well. I think I may have scared him, not about ttc but because he didn't know just how messed up my body was. Which then made me more upset. I even said to him that it had been 30 days since my last period began and most normal women would be starting again, and here I am not even knowing if my body will successfully ovulate. I wasn't trying to make him feel bad, in fact I hadn't went into detail about any of this before because I didn't want him to feel pressured or scare him away from ttc. He assured me that he would still ttc with me and that he was not frightened only a bit worried about my health. I felt so guilty dropping it all on him because he was sick afterall. I was just so frustrated I had to break. I told him I was so sorry if I upset him in anyway and the last thing I wanted to do was scare him. I just wanted to get pregnant and surprise him. He wasn't upset with me but I really hope I didn't give him second thoughts. I'm guessing not, but men are fickle creatures....and they think we are difficult! I'm just hoping that maybe I ov'd yesterday and tuesday's bd will cover it. But if he feels better I'll try once more tonight, even if it is too late. Wow...I'm sorry about the rant. Hope everyone else is doing well.

I have shared my issues with DH as well. He keeps telling me I should go see a dr. now if I am concerned about my cycles but I explained to him the dr. would turn me away so soon considering I only stopped BCP 5 months ago. I told him I wanted to give my body a couple more cycles before I try to go to the dr.

I remember one night a couple months ago where I really thought I was going to be O'ing so I was set on BDing that night. Well when my DH has more than a few drinks he is useless and cant BD correctly IYKWIM. And that night he had happy hour after work and could not perform I was so upset I cried and he could not understand why I was so upset. So now when we know we are going to BD that night he does not drink or we BD before we go out. So yea I totally understand how it feels. I just really hope we can all get our BFPs in the near future and be done with this stress. I am afraid something is wrong with me and this will not fix itself soon. I just hope if something is off that it is an easy fix.

It's so good to have someone who knows what I'm talking about. I love my dh but he has no clue about how strongly I feel about ttc, well maybe he does after last night. And I haven't told many people that we are ttc. I also hope that whatever is wrong with me isn't serious. It's such a stressful time for me and I'm sure you are going through the same thing.I hate when dh drinks on a bd night also. I definately know what you mean. Do you mind if I ask how old you are, Rachel? I am 24 and dh is about to be 26. In a few months I'll be 25:dohh:. I wanted a baby by the time I was 25. :nope:

I love having you ladies to talk to, it makes it so much better to have people to relate with!

I turned 29 a few months ago and my DH will be turning 30 next month. My goal was to have a baby before I turn 30 but unless I concieve this cycle I will not meet that goal. It's funny because if you asked me a year ago when or if I wanted kids I was really on the fence about even having them! I am not one to accept change very well so the idea of my life changing that much and having to "grow up" scared me. Then in the past year my close friends have started trying or having kids and I started becoming more comfortable with the idea. And now when I think about sharing that with my DH I get so excited about it and can't wait! Part of me is still scared but I know for sure this is what I want now.

Yeah. It's funny how that instict takes over.That's what happened to me anyway except that it happened years ago and I knew I wasn't ready yet. I really hope that my cycles straighten out quickly. I am under way too much stress because of it and the stress is probably adding to the problem!

I know I worry about that but I don't know how to stop thinking and stressing about it. Part of me just wants to stop and just NTNP and see if the more relaxed approach works. But at the same time I think I need to continue to chart and so I have info to show my Dr. if my cycles dont regulate. Maybe that would make it easier to get help.

Hey ladies.

I've got past where you ladies are. My cycles aren't great but a lot better. It will happen. I've been off BCP 10 months. Your bodies will settle down and you will get pregnant. It is just as possible to get pregnant with long cycles, it's just there are fewer chances and longer waits. I know it's frustrating. I get frustrated too and I O 18-20. I'm just pleased that I am ovulating.

I got advised to stop TTC whilst my cycles were a mess and just enjoy regular bding. I considered it but after my really messed up cycle things seemed to improve. Maybe it's not a bad idea to NTNP for a while, just bd every 2 to 3 days and you're likely to hit a least 1 fertile day. Or a lady on another tread has a 3 month fertility healthy. So instead of concentrating on getting pregnant now she is concentrating on getting her body ready for pregnancy in 3 months and if it happens before, great.

It's so frustrating that you wait to the right time to get pregnant then have to keep waiting when you wont it so bad. Unfortunately it will happen when it is meant to happen and us stressing wont help.

I'm 30, 31 in June and always wanted kids by the time I was 29. My DH wants lids as bad as I do and understands some stuff but takes a back seat in the TTC 'planning' Although he does ask if I've got a smiley yet. I think putting a time to get pregnant by just adds too much stress. Once the baby arrives we wont care how old we are or what month it was born in.

Stay positive girls. We'll get there.

I know I worry about that but I don't know how to stop thinking and stressing about it. Part of me just wants to stop and just NTNP and see if the more relaxed approach works. But at the same time I think I need to continue to chart and so I have info to show my Dr. if my cycles dont regulate. Maybe that would make it easier to get help.

Rachel don't worry about charting for doctors, it may be different there but doctors here don't really care. They want to know how long the cycles are but not when you O'd. I think charting can cause way to much stress. I didn;t chart last cycle and felt soooo much better. This cycle I'm temping when I remember, mainly so I know when to go for my blood tests.

Thank you for all the helpful advice Bean you seem so knowlegable!

I may chart for a couple more cycles then if nothing happens I will probably take a break. Because my cycles are so completely all over the place I do like to know when I O'ed. I like to minimize drinking post o and then it also gives me an idea of when AF is going to show up so I am not blind sided. Without charting I would always feel guilty drinking not knowing when I O'ed. I am not a big drinker but when I am out with friends I like to have a few.

It is good to know your cycles did finally sort themselves out. I guess my big fear is that my cycles were screwy to begin with before I went on BCP. I never had regular cycles so I worry there is an underlying issue and it is not just the BC.

Thanks Bean.I have been off of bcp for 9 months. I have had a few normal cycles but some abnormal ones as well. I chart because I would like to know when I ov'd because with a 70 day cycle you could bd a lot and still miss ov.That is my only reason for charting. Because it is stressful and I wouldn't do it otherwise. I don't really want to ntnp until my cycles get shorter/more predictable. I want a baby so desperately. I'm just gonna keep on trying until it happens.

I take 3 400mg capsules of vitex a day,Rachel.

My opk went negative today. That's ok, 3 in a row was plenty. Now waiting for my proper temp rise (fx). I hope I did indeed ovulate. Going to bd tonight for good measure.

My opk went negative today. That's ok, 3 in a row was plenty. Now waiting for my proper temp rise (fx). I hope I did indeed ovulate. Going to bd tonight for good measure.

Hope you get another temp rise tomorrow. Mine actually rised today, I was so sure it would stay the same and that maybe I never even ovulated. I know how you girls feel in fearing that it isn't just the BCP that messed your cycles up. I am always in fear that if Vitex doesn't work in the next month or two then maybe there is something very wrong with me. I am so amazed that I even got a period in December though, so that is hope enough for me to not completly break down. Since I thought I O'd twice this cycle, I was for sure we were going to miss it one night when DH refused to BD. I was so frustrated that night that I almost cried and I almost woke him up and demanded that we BD if he really wants a baby. That wouldn't have gone over so well... DH has been very supportive though, but I feel like I have to pull back on my crazyness because I could have months and months ahead of me in ttc. I really hope that I am blessed in that I can just get a bfp and not worry about this all, but I know that would be the luckiest thing in the world for it to happen on our first official ttc month. I just have to tell myself to be patient, but I am so glad to read yalls posts and see that yall too fear the worst.

Lovetoteach - A few cycles back I didn't sleep all night cause I was so worried and upset that we hadn't bd'd. My DH was tired and it just didn't mention it. Got my + the next day but regretted not bding the night before. Calmed down a bit now but still stress out about missing O.

Imsotired - Fingers crossed for a temp rise tomorrow.

Rachel - Any sign of that allusive O?

Im 99.9% sure I have ovulated. Either thurs or yesterday. My temp rose to 97.8 today! Very much like my post-o temps last cycle! It's a relief however I'm hoping we bd'd in time (tues and yest). I guess I truly have a tww ahead of me finally?! I'll keep you posted certainly. Hope you ladies are doing well today. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->