Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

hi there!!

Thought I would jump on the wagon with you ladies and share my story! I went off BCP in September 2011 and decided to WTT. Luckily I did as my cycles have been crazy since! First cycle was a perfect 28 days, second cycle was 66 days then my most current has been 35 days. I decided this would be the first month that we would TTC and so I have been monitoring my CM.

I am currently on CD13 with absolutely no signs of O happening anytime soon. CM is dry and slightly creamy but very minimal. I

I had to have an internal pelvic ultrasound yesterday to check for PCOS, (which luckily they found I don't have, PHEW! :happydance: ) But while I was having the scan the lovely sonographer was chatting to me and I got into explaining that I was waiting to O and this was my first month TTC. She had a little poke and prod around and she said "unfortunately, looks like you might be in for another long cycle as your ovaries have produced follicles but they certainly do not look like they are maturing yet!" BUMMER! :dohh:

So I have decided I am in for the long haul, and figure I may as well stick it out with you lovelies to have a bit of support!

One other thing, the sonographer said my endometrium was 2.6mm and she said prior to O it needs to be around 14mm. I was looking at my previous scan which was done just prior to O and it was still only 2.8.. I have started to stress about that, worrying that my endometrium isn't thickening!

Any thoughts??

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you ladies!!! :hugs::flower:

Evil BCP! Don't know too much as this is my first cycle ttc, but since I had 10-11 months with no period after stopping BCPs I started taking Red Raspberry leaf to tone my uterus and make it healthy. Is it working? That I don't know for sure because I feel that the doctors won't do much for me right at the moment as I have only been ttc for a month on my own. You are more than welcome to wait it out over here with us though, we know all about long cycles. I didn't O this cycle until CD26. Good luck!

Thanks so much for your reply!!! I have been secretly stalking this thread for the last couple of weeks :haha: so its reassuring to know others are in the same position!!! xo

Welcome nik88! It helps to have others to relate with when you have long annoying cycles. It helps the time pass posting here and I love seeing how everyone else is coming along!

hi there!!

Thought I would jump on the wagon with you ladies and share my story! I went off BCP in September 2011 and decided to WTT. Luckily I did as my cycles have been crazy since! First cycle was a perfect 28 days, second cycle was 66 days then my most current has been 35 days. I decided this would be the first month that we would TTC and so I have been monitoring my CM.

I am currently on CD13 with absolutely no signs of O happening anytime soon. CM is dry and slightly creamy but very minimal. I

I had to have an internal pelvic ultrasound yesterday to check for PCOS, (which luckily they found I don't have, PHEW! :happydance: ) But while I was having the scan the lovely sonographer was chatting to me and I got into explaining that I was waiting to O and this was my first month TTC. She had a little poke and prod around and she said "unfortunately, looks like you might be in for another long cycle as your ovaries have produced follicles but they certainly do not look like they are maturing yet!" BUMMER! :dohh:

So I have decided I am in for the long haul, and figure I may as well stick it out with you lovelies to have a bit of support!

One other thing, the sonographer said my endometrium was 2.6mm and she said prior to O it needs to be around 14mm. I was looking at my previous scan which was done just prior to O and it was still only 2.8.. I have started to stress about that, worrying that my endometrium isn't thickening!

Any thoughts??

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you ladies!!! :hugs::flower:

Welcome. I know how you feel. I've been off of bcp for 9 months and I'm still not back to normal. I ov'd on cd 30 this cycle which is an improvement from last cycle (71 days) but still not back to my norm. I've been taking vitex since the 1st week of Dec so I'm hoping I start to regulate soon. Wish you the best!

Welcome. I know how you feel. I've been off of bcp for 9 months and I'm still not back to normal. I ov'd on cd 30 this cycle which is an improvement from last cycle (71 days) but still not back to my norm. I've been taking vitex since the 1st week of Dec so I'm hoping I start to regulate soon. Wish you the best!

9 Months! :shock: Oh wow!! Gosh, here I was thinking maybe 6 months and surely it would have to be sorted out! How frustrating this is!?

Just out of curiosity, i have been checking CM and have noticed that I have had literally no CM since AF finished 7 days ago. Is that the norm with long cycles? To have very little CM after AF until your body starts gearing up to O?

Thanks a bunch!! :)

I guess im i to Take soy next cycle to see if it would work for me

Nik-that is normal. Typically after AF finishes you cm will be dry or minimal amounts then it becomes sticky then creamy then usually from there goes to watery or egg white consistency and when you notice that you are probably in your fertile window!

I guess im i to Take soy next cycle to see if it would work for me

Let us know how it works for you. I thought about trying soy this cycle but I am going to give Vitex a shot for a few months to see if it helps.

nik88- I think the lack of cm is normal. Especially after coming off of bc because bc dried me up a lot. I still feel like I need more of it even though it has begun to get more abundant. A lot of women drink grapefruit juice, take mucinex, or epo for cm. The doctor told me that a lot of women can take up to a year for their hormones to return to normal after bc. So I expect my normal to return soon. I'm taking vitex to hopefully help it along.

Hotpink- I know that a lot of women take soy for a stronger, earlier o. I have heard good things for the most part. And it is only soy so I don't think it could really hurt. I'm interested in the results but I've just finally narrowed down my vitamin intake so I'm not ready yet. Keep me updated?

5dpo today here. No symptoms that are unusual and I'm gonna try and keep it that way. lol. It's gonna be a rough 2 weeks. haha.How are you ladies?

nik88- I think the lack of cm is normal. Especially after coming off of bc because bc dried me up a lot. I still feel like I need more of it even though it has begun to get more abundant. A lot of women drink grapefruit juice, take mucinex, or epo for cm. The doctor told me that a lot of women can take up to a year for their hormones to return to normal after bc. So I expect my normal to return soon. I'm taking vitex to hopefully help it along.

Hotpink- I know that a lot of women take soy for a stronger, earlier o. I have heard good things for the most part. And it is only soy so I don't think it could really hurt. I'm interested in the results but I've just finally narrowed down my vitamin intake so I'm not ready yet. Keep me updated?

5dpo today here. No symptoms that are unusual and I'm gonna try and keep it that way. lol. It's gonna be a rough 2 weeks. haha.How are you ladies?

Good on the no symptom spotting, hope you can keep it that way.

As for me I had to wake up at 6:30 when DH did and pee so I wouldn't be tempted to test today. 11 dpo and I woke up to an ugly pimple :( I feel that my post O temps should be so much higher then this pregnant or not pregnant. Not sure what to think about this, because I don't know what is "normal" for me, although I do know that my temp was 98 on the first day of my period.

Still waiting to O, I really hope this is not another tease. My temp is lower today. I will take an OPK in a few hours and report back how it turns out!

I wouldnt worry about your temps, if you look through FF there are all kinds of different patterns and temps that result in pregnancy there really is no way to know just based on your temps.

Still waiting to O, I really hope this is not another tease. My temp is lower today. I will take an OPK in a few hours and report back how it turns out!

Looks very low compared to your other temps, come on positive OPK!

I hope it is but I am trying not to get my hopes up again because it is so frustrating thinking something might be happening and then seeing that negative OPK. :dohh:

Lovetoteach- your temps look pretty normal. I don't think you have anything to worry about. They seem high enough.Looking good!:hugs:

Rachel- nice dip! I hope you o soon! How did that opk come out? HOpe you get the result you want. I'll keep my fx'd that it isn't a tease!:hugs:

I am holding my pee now and I will be taking it in a couple hours I will keep you posted!

OPK was negative and I haven't seen any CM today so I guess nothing is happening as usual. It is so irritating getting signs and then seeing a negative OPK. Oh well back to waiting around again for who knows how long.

It'll come Rachel. Hopefully sooner than later. I'm pulling for you!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->