Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I'm so fed up with how my body is acting, feel like having a big cry tonight. Since coming off BCP in August I have ovulated only once! My periods are crazy, been having annovulatory cycles all over the place. Cycles have been 44,42,38, days and last cycle was 14 days!! Like I said only ovulated the once (on day 24) all other cycles have just been waiting for nothing! Now I'm cd 16 and just know in my heart of hearts it'll be another cycle with no ovulation! So down heartening...6 months of nothing :( feel like I'm abnormal and when will my time ever come, why can't I just ovulate like a woman should!
Went to the doctors and she was sympathetic but said to come back in a few months and see if they sort themselves out :( don't know how much more I can take I feel like there might be something wrong with me and I'll never get a baby. Please say I'm not alone in feeling this, feel like the only lady in the world nor pregnant at the mo, silly I know but everywhere I look is babies and people getting pregnant at the drop of a hat x

Ps so sorry to just burst into this thread with the above rant/vent just needed to get it out somewhere and u ladies seem to understand! Can't even read other bits of forum at mo as jealous seeing ladies in 2ww as just want to ovulate! Sorry again I'm not mad lol xx

i am the same, I AM NEVER TAKING BIRTH CONTROL AGAIN! its so stressful to come off it and not know when you are due to get AF so you have to carry feminine products with you at all times, and never know when you O unless you temp which tells you after your cycle is complete! argh, why do docs never tell you about this before they give you BCPs?

I know vitex takes some time to work, I have been taking it for about 1.5 months now in the liquid form. I take 28 drops every morning which is 1000 mg. I am wondering if I should up my dosage, what do you think?

Welcome to the thread ladies! It is so irritating isn't it? I am O'ing but it has been so inconsistent as to when I will O each cycle so I never have any clue what I am in for on any given cycle. I started Vitex recently as it is supposed to help balance hormones, but it does usually take up to 2-3 months to start working, I am hoping it will be my savior!

You ladies are not alone at all. I ovulated only twice since getting off of BCP January 2011, and I didn't ovulate at all until I started taking Vitex. Good luck to you ladies and feel free to rant in here any time you like because we know for sure how evil BCPs and long cycles are!

I am on my first cycle of vitex too, i used OPKs all month last month and had one day of the faintest line that i now think i might have imagined it. I'm praying so hard for even a postive OPK from using vitex that'll give me a glimmer of hope cos right now it feels like we're treading water.
I'm using vitex capsules and they are bloody massive, i have to take them just before eating otherwise it feels like they get stuck in my throat!

Rachel - maybe do 20 drops morning and evening? Although my herbalist friend felt that 1000mg day should be enough.

Sorry not posted much lately. I have been reading.

Not sure what my body is doing. +OPK cd 13 but no temp rise yet. Bded last 3 days but having tonight off. Maybe I'll get a shift tomorrow but I doubt it.

How are the rest of you? No time now but will stalk some charts tomorrow.

Baby-nurse - maybe look in to vitex (Agnus Castus).

Hopefully you will see a temp increase tomorrow! I do not think O is on it's way for me unfortunately :cry:

I think I will try upping my dose from 28 drops a day of Vitex to 40 I will do as you said 20 in the morning and 20 in the evening.

Itching to test so bad! Last cycle I didn't get AF until about 16-18 dpo though, so I am feeling that tomorrow 12dpo might still be too early for me. Not much info for me to go off because I don't know what my average lp length is. Guess I will see what my temp looks like tomorrow and see if it plumets or rises.

lovetoteach- stay strong. I know it's rough to not test, I'm sure it's going to be difficult for me in the upcoming weeks also!
Rachel- I take 1200mg of vitex. 1000 sounds like enough but even if you up it to 1400? I've heard a lot of women say that was their dosage.
Bean- hopefully you o'd and will see a temp rise! Good luck!
baby_nurse and Bump2B- I know how you feel. I absolutely can't stand what bcp has done to me. I regret it everyday especially cause I want a baby more than anything right now and I feel like it is contributing to my infertility issuesThis is the 2nd time I know that I ov'd since coming off of bc. It's possible that I ov'd everytime but with all of the problems I've been having I wouldn't doubt that I've had a few annovulatory cycles.I hope you both get you cycles normalized. I've been taking vitex for almost 2 months so I hope it starts working! I hope we all get back to normal! :dust: to everybody!

Ugg. I neglected to take my temp this morning as I had a restless nights sleep again. I woke up at 1 because dh woke up to go to the bathroom or get a drink or something.Unless I dreamed that. Then I woke up at 430 and could not go back to sleep until like 6. So I didn't temp this morning. I'm hoping it doesn't make to big a difference because I'm pretty sure I ov'd. I have a bit of a headache today. Probably just from my not sleeping well. How are you ladies today?

Hi there! I've just come off BC a few weeks ago and now desperately hoping for cycles to return to normal, no sign of AF yet, thought it would straight back, hoping within 6 weeks the witch will appear!!

I'm so new to this, are you temping so see when you're ovulating? x

pops- yes I take opks to see a pos, bd as much as possible and then wait to see a temp rise to confirm ov. Hope your cycles return soon.

Hmmm, so yesterday at 6am my temp was 96.8 and then 30 minutes later at normal temping time it was 97.5... so I had it at 97.5, but I guess I should have recorded the 96.8. Today's temp is 97.3, so who know's what is up. I determined that either I am not really good at temping, or my temps are just eratic. Can yall look at my chart now with the fixed temp for yesterday, plus today's temp? I don't understand why I had a dip 5 and 6 dpo, but then a MAJOR dip at 11dpo (yesterday).

Hmmm, so yesterday at 6am my temp was 96.8 and then 30 minutes later at normal temping time it was 97.5... so I had it at 97.5, but I guess I should have recorded the 96.8. Today's temp is 97.3, so who know's what is up. I determined that either I am not really good at temping, or my temps are just eratic. Can yall look at my chart now with the fixed temp for yesterday, plus today's temp? I don't understand why I had a dip 5 and 6 dpo, but then a MAJOR dip at 11dpo (yesterday).

I think your temps are just messed up from taking them at different times. That's why I didn't even temp this morning. I have heard of women having an implantation dip but I don't want to get your hopes up. Maybe you are a lucky one though. God knows, I'm not! HOpe it's a good sign but it may also be a fluke. Keep your chin up!:hugs:

Yup, could be a fluke, it is so hard to take them on time, but I think right when I wake up is more reliable then waiting that extra 30 minutes to test on time. The last few days my temp has been taken at 6am instead of 6:30 because DH just HAS to have a alarm go off at 6am, 6:20 and FINALLY wakes up at 6:30. I use to not hear any of then except the last one, but recently I have been hearing every one of them.

pops- yes I take opks to see a pos, bd as much as possible and then wait to see a temp rise to confirm ov. Hope your cycles return soon.

Thank you!! So even if AF hasn't appeared I could still be ovulating and giving it a good old go?? xxx

Imsotired - your chart looks lovely. Great temp shift!!

Lovetoteach. My DH is the same. I set an alarm on my phone for 6am (same time as his first alarm) and take my temp then. Taking the temp at 6.30 is fine if you haven't stirred/woken up. You're best taking it then dozing.

hello! i went off birth control in Oct. and i havent had a period or any kind of spotting since!! its very frustrating! im starting vitex today! do you suggest 2 or 3 pills aday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->