Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

CD5 I had 2 lines so it possible to have a faint line after AF

hmm well I always have a faint line but it may depend on what kind you are using. I use the wondfo brand from Amazon. I do not test every day because my cycles are so long and unpredictable I typically look for signs like drop in temp or fertile cm and then I test otherwise I would use 30 OPKs a month :wacko:

Well I'm on CD 17 and this morning woke up with light brown spotting I'm not sure if I have ovd as all tested said no in the last week
I have been having very weird cycles after stopping BC
I can't be getting the witch this soon again makes it very difficult to figure out my ovulation day hmmm getting frustrated

For some people they have no second line on OPKs, and then BAM, a positive. Others can always have a faint line all the time and then the line just gets darker around O time. Sometimes, our bodies gear up to O, and the OPK gets dark, but if it's not followed by a temp rise then that usually means that your body geared up to O, but for some reason didn't (like mine did). Everyone is different, so that is why most of us temp AND use OPKs so we have several ways to detect ovulation and know if it really occured or not. Sometimes the cheap OPKs are more confusing, because you have to determine if the line is as dark as the control or not, but I just can't see myself paying for the expensive ovulation sticks until my cycles get a lot more predictable so that I don't need a billion OPKs each cycle.

i am on the vitex too so maybe its delaying my O?
these are the ones i have https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00307E6JQ/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&psc=1
they get mixed reviews

i am on the vitex too so maybe its delaying my O?
these are the ones i have https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00307E6JQ/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&psc=1
they get mixed reviews

I am on Vitex too, but it takes a few months for it to actually sort your cycles out. I am somewhere around my third month of taking Vitex so far, first month brought af, which I hadn't had in 10-11 months. My cycles aren't sorted out yet, but I can tell the Vitex is trying to work it's magic. Vitex usually helps to regulate your cycle, but if your cycle is normal, it can mess your cycle up.

As far as the OPKs, those look similar to what most of us use. I have tried two different brands/companies just to make sure I was getting similar results, and haven't found a difference. Like I said everyone is different though, so not sure what to tell you except for to say that we are all here to listen to you vent along the way. I have had plenty of venting to do this month!

So is your plan to take it until your cycles even out then quit it? Do u take it up to O or all month. I have read such conflicting methods, some say from cd1 to O, others say you shouldn't take whilst on AF, others say you can take until pregnancy is confirmed!
It's sad that us ladies on this thread would be ecstatic with a positive OPK let alone a HPT!

Tell me about it. When I got my first pos opk last cycle I was so excited you would have thought I got my bfp :haha:

Lol I would be too! I hope i get one soon! Come on ovaries, get to work dammit!

For me OPK don't seem to work too good. When I ovulated last time I didn't get a line as dark as control. This time I O'ed I did get quite a strong line but it didn't last long I just did an OPK on off chance and it was dark but I still wouldn't have said it was a positive, I went on other symptoms I had like sore breasts and CM.

I second what Lovetoteach said about the opks. Thats just what I would've said.
Girls I think I am officially nuts and maybe out. My boobs starting hurting last night which indicates to me that af is on her way, which she probably is:wacko:. I took an ic hpt today, well actually 2 in a row with the same fmu. I could swear there is a second VERY faint line on the first test but not the second. I feel like an idiot standing over them staring trying to decide whether it's there, an evap, or my imagination.I can't get a decent pic of it and you'll all prob decide it's neg anyway. My temp was a bit lower today as well but that could be because I took my temp 50 min early because that's when I awoke.:nope: Why aren't I sleeping normally anymore? Anyway I think that these things point to af? I suppose I will be happy that at least this cycle was only 40-some days and hope the next one is shorter.

How are you ladies today? Rachel and lovetoteach I'm sure you're gonna try to O anyday now. Our bodies are so ridiculous sometimes.:shrug:

You aren't nuts Imsotired, I think everyone spends half an hour peering at tests, checking under different lighting, driving ourselves insane hoping we see that BFP. Hopefully the next cycle will be the one for you.

Hope you feel better hotpinkmom.

I've never used an OPK, if FF doesn't pinpoint my O date more accurately this next cycle, I may try it out. My temp also dropped drastically today, but I feel a lot better, less symptoms. However, I've got really itchy boobs, which is odd for me.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you dont mind me joining in, I came off Femulin (POP) in Septemeber since then my cycles have been really whacky

All cycles up til Sept 30/31 day
Sept cycle 64 days
Nov cycle 27 days
Dec cycle 61 days with no sign of a clear 'O'

Just got AF again today and feeling pretty much like shyte TBH lol every other time I have stopped AF cycles have gone straight back to normal with no problems what so ever, so I havent a clue why my body has decided to play up this time round...

I second what Lovetoteach said about the opks. Thats just what I would've said.
Girls I think I am officially nuts and maybe out. My boobs starting hurting last night which indicates to me that af is on her way, which she probably is:wacko:. I took an ic hpt today, well actually 2 in a row with the same fmu. I could swear there is a second VERY faint line on the first test but not the second. I feel like an idiot standing over them staring trying to decide whether it's there, an evap, or my imagination.I can't get a decent pic of it and you'll all prob decide it's neg anyway. My temp was a bit lower today as well but that could be because I took my temp 50 min early because that's when I awoke.:nope: Why aren't I sleeping normally anymore? Anyway I think that these things point to af? I suppose I will be happy that at least this cycle was only 40-some days and hope the next one is shorter.

How are you ladies today? Rachel and lovetoteach I'm sure you're gonna try to O anyday now. Our bodies are so ridiculous sometimes.:shrug:

You aren't crazy, I shined a flashlight on my last hpt just incase there might have been the faintest little line:haha:

As for me, my temps are still staying above where ff said my coverline was. That and my creamy cm is confusing me. Today would have been 18dpo, which is when af came last time. Still looking for O, but all signs pointed to it being 18 days ago, and right now highish temps, creamy cm and meduim, firm and closed cp seem to indicate that O is not near. The last three days my temp was 97.4, today it's 97.6.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you dont mind me joining in, I came off Femulin (POP) in Septemeber since then my cycles have been really whacky

All cycles up til Sept 30/31 day
Sept cycle 64 days
Nov cycle 27 days
Dec cycle 61 days with no sign of a clear 'O'

Just got AF again today and feeling pretty much like shyte TBH lol every other time I have stopped AF cycles have gone straight back to normal with no problems what so ever, so I havent a clue why my body has decided to play up this time round...

I know :( It's crazy, welcome to the club that we all wish we weren't in. So good to have other people in the same boat so we can all vent to each other.

Hi ladies,
Sorry for butting in the conversation!
I was on bc for 8yrs and stopped in November. I had my usual withdrawal bleed in December and AF in January (33 days later). I don't know what's going to happen from now on but it seems like, from your posts, that it might all go a bit haywire. I've been using clearblue fertility monitor but as it was my 1st cycle I'm not really sure the results are reliable.

It's a shame that doctors don't mention what happens after you stop. You spend ages trying to avoid getting pregnant that you just do whatever the doctor recommends then when you do want to have a baby it never happens quickly!

Fingers crossed for everyone!

LOL lovetoteach. I actually did use a flashlight! hahaha. I swear there was a faint faint line. I'll have to test again tomorrow. I hope it wasn't my imagination but it probably was. :nope: If I don't get a bfp af is def on her way I got pains in my breasts so it could go either way I suppose. Prob gonna get af.
Hmmm...I can't figure out what is going on with your temps, lovetoteach. It's all pretty confusing right now, but I hope you get a pos opk, hpt, or even af at this point. I have my fx'd for you.

Welcome ladies. We know what it is like to have messy cycles due to bc. It's a shame really. Feel free to tell us about it.

CD 31 and still impatiently waiting to O. I was really hoping to not have a CD40+ O day again this cycle but with no O in sight it looks like I am on my way to that again. Lots of creamy cm this morning it was almost watery but did not look like fertile cm yet.

I have been taking the Vitex so far for about 1.5 months. I was really hoping it would have done something for me this cycle but it hasnt done anything. I want to up my dose from 1000 mg to maybe 1200-1500 but I am not sure if I should do that in the middle of a cycle. What do you think about that?

Rachel I don't think upping your dosage mid cycle would hurt any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->