Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I have been having mild cramps along with this spotting. I am now wondering if I am somehow starting AF. This is really confusing. :shrug:

Well I checked again and this is not spotting this is AF making an appearance. This is my first annovulatory cycle. What happened here, did Vitex do it? I O'ed on CD 40 last cycle so why now AF decides to show on CD 38. I am sooooooo confused here. :cry:

Well I checked again and this is not spotting this is AF making an appearance. This is my first annovulatory cycle. What happened here, did Vitex do it? I O'ed on CD 40 last cycle so why now AF decides to show on CD 38. I am sooooooo confused here. :cry:

I think it's just your body trying to regulate cycles. Even "normal" females can have an annovulatory cycle or two each year. Our bodies are so messed up that we are bound to have a few crazy cycles before our bodies sort it all out. Remember that it can take up to a year after stopping BC to get your cycles back on track and anywhere from 3-6 months for Vitex to take FULL effect. Not saying Vitex is the end all be all, but I think we all want to be normal right away and it is so hard to be patient. Wish I was magic and could wave my little wand over all of us to fix our cycles.

I had been on BC for 7 years before I came off it, and the whole time I always told my doctor I had this worry that it may stump my fertility but they always said it was fine and that it would only make a difference if taken for a significant amount of time... I took it for 7 years though and that's 1/3 of my life! :/ I was on the pill though and I've been told by my doctor that as with the fact the pill takes about 3 months to start working, it could take that amount of time to get out of your system too... I don't really understand that though since if you miss ONE pill you have a chance of getting pregnant... so why would it take 3 months? I guess it just depends how long you've been on it. I have a friend who gets the Depo Provera shot and was told that on its own could take a YEAR to flush out! O_O

I had been on BC for 7 years before I came off it, and the whole time I always told my doctor I had this worry that it may stump my fertility but they always said it was fine and that it would only make a difference if taken for a significant amount of time... I took it for 7 years though and that's 1/3 of my life! :/ I was on the pill though and I've been told by my doctor that as with the fact the pill takes about 3 months to start working, it could take that amount of time to get out of your system too... I don't really understand that though since if you miss ONE pill you have a chance of getting pregnant... so why would it take 3 months? I guess it just depends how long you've been on it. I have a friend who gets the Depo Provera shot and was told that on its own could take a YEAR to flush out! O_O

Yeah, BCP can do a number on you, but I heard Depo is the worst at screwing with your cycle.

I came off the pill once in May '09 for about 4 months because I wasn't active and couldn't afford them anyways, but soon got back on them and everything went back to normal. This time, though, I stopped in August and my periods were exactly the way they had been up until November when I missed AF. Then in December she came back with fury and lasted 7 days when it's usually only 4-5. January lasted 3 days and was so heavy and painful, then the beginning of this month didn't seem like a period at all, didn't even need a pantyliner, and barely lasted 3 days... but it was SO achy!
I was put on the pill at 13 due to long AF(6 months at one point - not even kidding... it was horrible), to regulate.
I'm just arguing with myself right now because this last period didn't seem normal at all, I don't want to psych myself out over testing right now and I haven't been drinking or anything lately so I think I'm just gonna see if March AF turns up!

I came off the pill once in May '09 for about 4 months because I wasn't active and couldn't afford them anyways, but soon got back on them and everything went back to normal. This time, though, I stopped in August and my periods were exactly the way they had been up until November when I missed AF. Then in December she came back with fury and lasted 7 days when it's usually only 4-5. January lasted 3 days and was so heavy and painful, then the beginning of this month didn't seem like a period at all, didn't even need a pantyliner, and barely lasted 3 days... but it was SO achy!
I was put on the pill at 13 due to long AF(6 months at one point - not even kidding... it was horrible), to regulate.
I'm just arguing with myself right now because this last period didn't seem normal at all, I don't want to psych myself out over testing right now and I haven't been drinking or anything lately so I think I'm just gonna see if March AF turns up!

Sounds confusing, but more activity than I have seen from AF in a year! I was convinced so many times over the past year that I must be pregnant, but all I kept seeing were a bunch of blank pregnancy tests. It's all those blank tests that showed me how much I really want one to say positive.

I think it's just your body trying to regulate cycles. Even "normal" females can have an annovulatory cycle or two each year. Our bodies are so messed up that we are bound to have a few crazy cycles before our bodies sort it all out. Remember that it can take up to a year after stopping BC to get your cycles back on track and anywhere from 3-6 months for Vitex to take FULL effect. Not saying Vitex is the end all be all, but I think we all want to be normal right away and it is so hard to be patient. Wish I was magic and could wave my little wand over all of us to fix our cycles.

I was just so blind sided by this. The past couple days I thought I was getting ewcm and expecting O then bam AF shows, it just blew my mind :wacko: But I guess I am now on to a brand new cycle CD1. I just pray my body is ready to O this time and does it by a decent amount of time. Do you take Vitex throughout your cycle or just until O? Do you take it while on AF?

I was just so blind sided by this. The past couple days I thought I was getting ewcm and expecting O then bam AF shows, it just blew my mind :wacko: But I guess I am now on to a brand new cycle CD1. I just pray my body is ready to O this time and does it by a decent amount of time. Do you take Vitex throughout your cycle or just until O? Do you take it while on AF?

I take it my whole cycle except during AF, I have this strange thought that it might make AF longer or more painful if I take it during. Don't know where I read not to take it during AF, but I read it somewhere.

I think I read that somewhere too. I think I will take a few days off from it. I have been taking it for 38 days straight so far anyways.

I think I read that somewhere too. I think I will take a few days off from it. I have been taking it for 38 days straight so far anyways.

Hoping this cycle goes by faster for you, just take af to relax and have a few days not wondering if O is on it's way or a baby is maybe in there. I like to tell myself if AF comes it's just my time to take a breath for a few days and forget about it all. Although in truth I know I will spend all that time thinking about what I can do different to magically make myself get a bfp next time. At this point for me I can't wait until my next cycle starts, I am over day 1082377493 of this cycle and I can't bear another cycle that is months long before AF shows up.

I really hope AF shows or you O very soon, I understand how the waiting can drive one crazy! :wacko:

I am just in such denial about having AF right now. My temps look just like my previous pre o temps and I have seen anov cycle charts and the temps are usually really erratic. Mine look like the norm-it just makes no sense..

Sorry you got af rachel but maybe you will have a nice early O this cycle! I know it sucks but it's just one of those things. I'm sure that everyone has had annovulatory cycles before, we just didn't notice because we weren't temping or anything. I know it's confusing but I hope you feel better about it soon.

I guess I just have to be grateful it was a somewhat short anov cycle and not some crazy 90 day+ one!

rach- hope this cycle is all the last one but with O this time

hey girls, I finally had a good nights sleep! I feel great today because of it but I just hope I keep it up! I had an awful headache last night though. Anyway af is just about finished here and I'm going to have to start using opks about next week. Fx I ov early! Trying not to think about it too much for now. How is everyone else?

CD 2-I was doubting if this was AF or not yesterday but I am 100% sure today. It sucks but I just have to move on with a fresh new cycle and be happy it wasn't a crazzzzy long anov cycle. At least now I don't have to worry about being in the TWW for DH's 30th because we will be drinking and partying for that! :haha:

I am just a little nervous now that I had an anov cycle. I get scared it was somehow the Vitex and that it will happen again. I can't take another anov cycle :wacko:

I was just thinking and realized a few days before AF showed I upped my Vitex dosage from 1000 mg to 1400 mg. I am now wondering if there is anyway that induced AF and maybe that was too much for me?

Either way I think this cycle I will lower it back to 1000 mg.

I was just thinking and realized a few days before AF showed I upped my Vitex dosage from 1000 mg to 1400 mg. I am now wondering if there is anyway that induced AF and maybe that was too much for me?

Hmm, that MIGHT have been it, I take 1200mg, so my body is used to that. That is the dosage that my bottle recommends though, and I have been taking that amount all along. I am so torn between wanting af and wanting to ovulate. It's so hard to not be able to fix it. Right now I am BDing every other day, but I can't keep that up forever. I might have to take a break from ttc if af or the big O don't come by CD60. DH is so confused by now and I can't really give him any answers because I don't know either.

Hmm, that MIGHT have been it, I take 1200mg, so my body is used to that. That is the dosage that my bottle recommends though, and I have been taking that amount all along. I am so torn between wanting af and wanting to ovulate. It's so hard to not be able to fix it. Right now I am BDing every other day, but I can't keep that up forever. I might have to take a break from ttc if af or the big O don't come by CD60. DH is so confused by now and I can't really give him any answers because I don't know either.

I am sorry to hear O is not happening for you yet. Especially after that tease you had. I really hope it happens for you really soon or you at least get AF and can start a new cycle. (Maybe try upping your dosage of vitex :haha: )

My bottle tells me to take 3000-6000mg a day! I take the liquid form but I would not think it should be that much. I feel like it's the manufacturer trying to get me to go through it fast and buy more :shrug: I will drop back down to my usual 1000 mg dosage this cycle and try to be patient but if O doesn't show by CD 35ish I am going to the Dr. enough is enough I don't care if it has been a year or not I am demanding help based on my weird cycles not TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->