Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Vitex works to 'strengthen' the pituitary and therefore helps with hormonal balancing. So it's effects vary from person to person.

Doing OK just trying to figure my body out! How r u?

Bean-i never thought of a cyst. My cramping was very mild and was off and on for the first 1.5 days. But nothing unusual from my normal period cramps.

I read this on a website:

The balance of hormones governs the reproductive system. Estrogen dominates the follicular phase where follicles on the ovaries form mature eggs. If this estrogen level falls suddenly, this can cause breakthrough bleeding which will look like a normal period. Women who have experienced this type of bleeding may be given estrogen supplements to avoid midcycle bleeding, but they can still become pregnant during the cycle.

So I am wondering if that is maybe what happened? Because based on my temps it appears I may have O'ed. Do you think I should change my bleeding days to spotting so FF leaves it as one cycle?

Temp stayed at 97.4 today just like yesterday. I had major cramps this morning, not a dot of any spotting though, so I don't know what is going on. I have been very busy today, so I havent peed on an opk, but will in 30 minutes just for the heck of it.

Let us know how the OPK looks, it is still possible you O'ed and maybe are having a slow rise? Hopefully you get a nice increase tomorrow, if not then it seems you may have failed to O again. I hope that is not the case!

Who knows, not getting my hopes up this time. If I failed to O this time then I am just going to give it a rest until I figure out what is going on. Going to keep temping and OPKing, but not wear DH out until I know I need to for sure.

Just popping into the thread. I've been off BCP since mid-November. I seem to have the opposite problem.... my cycles are very short - well 24-25 days. The oddest part is that I don't know if I'm ovulating or not. If I did ovulate last cycle, my LP would have only been 4 days!!
It's all very confusing. To be fair, I've been on BCP for 11 years, so I can't really expect my body to know what to do, when it has been bossed around for so long!
FX for o'ing soon, and having a real LP length!
Brandy

Just popping into the thread. I've been off BCP since mid-November. I seem to have the opposite problem.... my cycles are very short - well 24-25 days. The oddest part is that I don't know if I'm ovulating or not. If I did ovulate last cycle, my LP would have only been 4 days!!
It's all very confusing. To be fair, I've been on BCP for 11 years, so I can't really expect my body to know what to do, when it has been bossed around for so long!
FX for o'ing soon, and having a real LP length!
Brandy

Hmm, strange... it does take awhile to get it sorted out though, so hopefully you will get lucky and sort it all out waay before us. I hope so! In the mean time, feel free to vent here, we all hate the evil BCP.

Does anyone ever have really bad cramps when they O? Maybe my cramps this morning were me Oing? Other then ovulation, I have no clue what would cause cramps that bad, they only lasted a few minutes and I have had zero pain since then. I don't think it's af making an apperance, because I haven't even so much as spotted yet. Also the cramps were really low down, so I am pretty sure it wasn't digestive. I know people can cramp when they O, but I didn't think the cramps would be bad enough to wake me up.

Opk that I just peed on was negative, but if I O'd earlier then it would be negative by now anyways. Maybe I should stop guessing and just see what my temps do.

I had a merina for 2 yrs......had it removed dec 12 2011 which was cd 7 for me 2 days later i started af so i thought but apparently its normal for that to happen once its removed........had a 29 day cycle in jan......now im on cd 10 neg opk today hoping for a positive soon

I sometimes cramp at O.

Brandy - if your OPKs were all negative last cycle then i'd say you didn't O. Anovulatory cycle. This can be normal post BCP ESP when you've been on it a long time. Just have to be patient. You could look in to vitex (Agnus castus) and B Complex. Loads of info on here about them. Good luck.

Hahaha. Stupid FF gave me some type of crosshairs today! It's definately way to early anyway. My temps seem to be really crazy at the beginning of my cycles. It doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping that great and I've been having pretty crazy dreams lately. I'm sure they will prob take them away in a few days and I'm not really worried as they did that to me last cycle as well. I'm going to start with the opks in a tomorrow or wed when I will be cd13 or so. Hoping this is my month!
Lovetoteach- I can't tell at all when I O but I have heard a lot of people say, even people not on this forum, that they can feel a lot of cramping during O. Maybe that's what it was.:shrug:

Imsotired hope FF figure out if you O or not soon FX for you hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->