Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

My DH takes the gummy ones too! I used to as well because I hate swallowing pills but I have to now because of the prenatel I am on.

As for my Dr. appt. he seemed comfortable saying nothing was wrong with me and it just takes time after stopping bcp for bodies to regulate. He wasn't concerned about my hormone levels because I told him I take my temperature and see that I do O eventually. :dohh:

I didn't realize but apparently he checked my thyroid levels when I was in to see him just before I started TTC. But he did order some blood tests again for various things including thyroid but not the hormone tests. I guess I will wait until my yearly with my gyno is due on June at that point it will be about a year and hopefully I can get my hormone testing then.

Happy to hear your appt went well and that you are healthy! Hopefully you'll get your bfp before your June appt!

I really don't think he knew much and was just assuming everything was ok. IMO it can't be with how long and irregular my cycles are unless my body is still trying to normalize. I guess I feel a little better knowing my thyroid levels were normal 6 months ago and I can get them checked again once I do the bloodwork.

I'm sure you're fine Rachel. You've only been off of birth control for six months and at least you are ovulating! That means there is chance! Your tests will tell you more and I bet by the time you go to the gyno all will be back to normal for you. Didn't you say that you had long cycles before BC?

Yes that is my main concern. If I knew I had normal periods at one time I wouldnt be worried. I started my first period when I was around 12 or so and never had a normal period that I can remember. That is why I started BCP when I was 17.

The only glimmer of hope is that I do O. Thank god for that. I am still unsure if I should stop Vitex or not. I really want it to work for me I can't stand having to wait 40 days to O everytime, it's painful. But I guess if I have bleeding issues again I have no choice but to quit it and maybe try a different herb.

Rachel. Are you in a long cycle trend? Some ladies just have long cycles. You can still get pregnant - same chances per cycle - it's just you have fewer chances per year. I know it much be supper frustrating. I hate waiting to cd18-20. It will happen though.

Edit - sorry just seen the witch got you! :hugs: not managed to speak to my friend yet. She's hit me on 20drops per day in the morning. Maybe reduce your level a little?

I'm not feeling so good all day blah

:hugs: Did you override your O day, or did ff give you that line? If you really did O already, I always feel a little bleh when I try to O, and my body went all sorts of crazy when I ovulated in December. Hope you feel better tomorrow, or at least have a good reason to feel blah in a few weeks!

Rachel. Are you in a long cycle trend? Some ladies just have long cycles. You can still get pregnant - same chances per cycle - it's just you have fewer chances per year. I know it much be supper frustrating. I hate waiting to cd18-20. It will happen though.

Edit - sorry just seen the witch got you! :hugs: not managed to speak to my friend yet. She's hit me on 20drops per day in the morning. Maybe reduce your level a little?

Well you know what is funny I was doing 28 drops in the am. Then a few days before the mid cycle bleeding started I upped my dosage to 20 drops in the am and 20 in the pm so 40 total then about 3-4 days later that weird bleeding showed up. It makes me wonder if my body reacted and it was too much. I just got impatient because it was already CD 34 and the Vitex didn't seem to be helping so I upped it. I am back to the 28 drops now.

I'm not feeling so good all day blah

:hugs: Did you override your O day, or did ff give you that line? If you really did O already, I always feel a little bleh when I try to O, and my body went all sorts of crazy when I ovulated in December. Hope you feel better tomorrow, or at least have a good reason to feel blah in a few weeks!

lol, no override I have it on the opk thing

Well you know what is funny I was doing 28 drops in the am. Then a few days before the mid cycle bleeding started I upped my dosage to 20 drops in the am and 20 in the pm so 40 total then about 3-4 days later that weird bleeding showed up. It makes me wonder if my body reacted and it was too much. I just got impatient because it was already CD 34 and the Vitex didn't seem to be helping so I upped it. I am back to the 28 drops now.

I actually upped my dosage to 1600mg for about four or five days. Thought it might spark af, but it didn't, so I lowered it back down to 1200mg like I used to take. I wish it would have made af come, but I didn't want to stay on 1600forever, or mess up any eventual progress.

HI girls. How is everyone doing today?

I got another temp rise, had the craziest dreams, and awoke with a headache. I really think I'm getting sick or something. I'm really hoping for my bfp though. Keep your fx'd for me please!

FX :dust: Imsotired

AFM another +opk and rise this morning so took my cd8 opk off my chart

FX :dust: Imsotired

AFM another +opk and rise this morning so took my cd8 opk off my chart

Was CD 8 a true positive for you or just a close positive. How about the one from today? Maybe you are about to O still??? :shrug:

HI girls. How is everyone doing today?

I got another temp rise, had the craziest dreams, and awoke with a headache. I really think I'm getting sick or something. I'm really hoping for my bfp though. Keep your fx'd for me please!

Your chart is looking beautiful so far! I am jealous you had such a nice early O. I really hope this cycle is better for me-I think I will loose it if I go past CD 25 again. Are you taking Vitex throughout your cycle or stopping at any point?

Hotpink- Hope you O soon!
Thanks Rachel, but don't be jealous of me! It's been 9 months since my last 28 day cycle! lol! Ive been taking the vitex all through the cycle 1200 mg but yesterday I only took 800 mg. Most people think it's fairly safe to take right up to your bfp but I lowered my dose a bit just incase there is, as my husband says,"a baby cooking in there". lol! I also wanted to share this cause it made me laugh. We got chinese twice last week and I didn't eat my fortune cookie so I was cleaning and about to throw them away and I figured I'd open them. I laughed pretty hard and let me tell you, if I am pregnant I will become superstitious!

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2
Great news! :happydance:

I am going to focus on following you ladies for now because I am only on CD 3and if this cycle is anything like the last two I have 4-5 weeks until anything is going to happen. I can't focus too hard on it daily or it will drive me crazy. :wacko:

Hotpink- Hope you O soon!
Thanks Rachel, but don't be jealous of me! It's been 9 months since my last 28 day cycle! lol! Ive been taking the vitex all through the cycle 1200 mg but yesterday I only took 800 g. Most people think it's fairly safe to take right up to your bfp but I lowered my dose a bit just incase there is, as my husband says,"a baby cooking in there". lol! I also wanted to share this cause it made me laugh. We got chinese twice last week and I didn't eat my fortune cookie so I was cleaning and about to throw them away and I figured I'd open them. I laughed pretty hard and let me tell you, if I am pregnant I will become supersticious!

haha too funny, maybe they are on to something!

lol, I hope so Rachel.
I also want to add that Feb 29th will be 12 weeks of taking vitex for me so It would make sense that it might be working for me. I sure hope so. The bottle says 1200mg for 12 weeks and then 400mg a day from then on. So If I lower my dose a bit now I don't think it willl hurt.

Today I had an abundant amount of creamy cm. Odd for me. I think that either means I'm pregnant or my body is getting back to normal and having cm again like I hadn't been.

Maybe next cycle I won't use OPK's thinking they waste of money, but then again I do hope this is my positive opk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->