April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Mother- we are houses of three in a row with DDs all within a few months of each other and it is so nice for them. In the summer holidays we are in and out of each other’s gardens and they have the best time. I think they’ll grow up to be best friends as they’ll all be in school together too. It’s so nice for us mums too!

Star- thanks! My bump has gone down a bit today so guessing majority is bloat but there is definitely a little bump and I had a full on one by 12 weeks with dd. It’s also weird with the eating right? You’re not feeling like eating as you feel nauseous but you eat as you know you have too. Then you feel better and can eat way too much!

Rose- the dancing wont have done anything bad! If anything it increased blood flow and that’s only positive! I read exercise is great during pregnancy as long as you don’t start training for a marathon when you’ve never run a 5k! I’m sorry about your MC I understand why you’re getting anxious, but I’m sure you’re little one is fine!

Star, i dont have a scan date yet. Only just referred myself to Antenatal this week :shy: still been in a bit of denial.

Rose,dont worry about the dancing :hugs: im sure you will be absolutely fine!

DH is away this weekend. It's the only time he ever goes away, the beginning of September every year to this car show and market thing with his brother. He left at 6 this morning and won't be back until tomorrow evening. Obviously I'm convinced something will go wrong this weekend. My sickness hasn't been AS bad for a couple of days now. It's still not nice but just more manageable. But with not feeling as bloated as well it does worry me. I'm really looking forward to when the movements start, then I can stop worrying as much haha

Mother, hopefully your time alone will be peaceful and easy going! My husband goes away next week for 5 days, Im looking forward to it! :lol:

He does so much in the house and with the kids that I'm always so busy when he isn't around. I always leave the washing up for him. I just went in the kitchen and realised I'll have to do it myself :haha: and he puts ds4 to bed and gets up with him when he gets up too early on the weekends, while I just constantly remind the others to keep their noise down in the evening.
The only good bit is once they are in bed I can have the tv to myself, but I'll probably just fall asleep

So, 14 years ago I joined the Emma's Diary forum. Then 11 years ago a spin off was created which I joined. Now a large portion of the mum's I met through those groups are in a secret group on Facebook. A few weeks ago (about a week before I found out I was pregnant) someone announced a pregnancy. I've been sitting on my news, but have just posted in there "Didn't someone need a bump buddy?" I've shared everything with these girls over the years so couldnt wait much longer.

Mother it’s so nice when you get to share with someone!!

It is. I know it's a little early but in the past I would have told them the minute a second line appeared haha
Being my last one as well I'm trying to spread out the joy of telling people.

I’m useless at keeping up! I don’t come on for long, I’m usually busy. We have 6 children already, aged 17, 14, 10, 7, 6 & 9 months (two are my step children) and they’re all homeschooled so my days are rather busy! Our 7 and 6 year olds are autistic (as is my 17 year old but not as severely on the spectrum) and we are pretty certain DD (6) also has ADHD, so they keep us on our toes for those reasons too. It’s a pretty challenging household but we love them all, obviously, and wouldn’t change a thing. Except the problems that come with autism, that’s not nice obviously, but it is what it is.
Anyway, I apologise for being rubbish at keeping up in here.
Someone said about dancing... Rose? I think? Gosh my memory is terrible! Anyway, if your already used to that kind of pace and you’re already very fit then it won’t have harmed the baby. I think it’s more about anything strenuous harming you because of... I want to say relaxin? It can lead to easier injuries if extra care isn’t taken, I think this is why they say to slow down a little. But you get bodybuilding women still lifting weights down the gym pregnant and imagine how many don’t even know they’re pregnant and carry on as normal, it’s not at all likely to have hurt anything. I think it’s the worry you have anyway around the milestone, and moving past that, which is playing into this more. I’m sure all will be ok though :hugs:

Thanks everyone for reasurring me about the dancing! Considering I've been horribly sick all weekend I'm guessing I did no damage.. Soooooo ready for the sickness to go (although grateful for it at the same time).

Cupcakes, you sound extremely busy with six kids! Reading about it exhausts me! But it sounds like you're very on top of it, which is amazing. You too, mother, considering you're home schooling as well. Hats off to both of you!

Got my scan in 4 1/4 hours and then my blood tests for chromosomal abnormalities. Is anyone else getting that test (non-invasive prenatal screening) ? Verrrrrry nervous right now.

Had my scan, all good! A lot of stress for nothing! 10w6d, heart beat 167, saw two legs and two arms so I guess that's all we can hope for now. I have to wait a week or so before I get the blood test results and after that I think I'll breathe a massive sigh of relief and start actually enjoying the idea of being pregnant rather than assuming it's all going to end badly.

So glad your scan went well Rose!!

I have mine in 3 hours- soooo nervous! I’m only 7wks5 according to FF so we will se what we can see as it is abdominal.

I’m not planning on doing NIPT but will do the blood/ultrasound test at 12 weeks and if it shows I’m high risk we will do NIPT.

Will you find out gender from your NIPT Rose?

Thank you, Sweden, and massive good luck for yours!!

Yeah, I actually didn't realise how expensive it was until after I did it and they asked me to pay. I may not have chosen to do it had I known it was $449!! OH is refusing to let me find out the gender. In fact I found out today he doesn't even think you should discuss names until after the baby is born. He is a weirdo!! He thinks you will only be able to come up with a name once you see the baby and that somehow you'll magically agree despite never discussing it beforehand! Haha I have my work cut out with me with this one...

Last edited:
Great news Rose :happydance: wow thats expensive,what is NIPT??

Good luck for your scan Sweden

Good luck for your scan Sweden. Glad your scan went well Rose. Won't your partner agree to making a shortlist of preferred names and then choosing one once baby is here?
I knew I missed something in my reply before. Dancing. With ds3 I had been dancing on a night out and on a ROLLERCOASTER before I found out.

This morning I was sick for the first time this pregnancy. I'm 8 weeks today. Luckily all I had eaten was 2 ginger biscuits. I had DS4 opening the door from outside while I was bent over the toilet, trying to tell me something he wanted to tell Daddy. DH was upstairs, it's not like he was at work.
I was just reading on my pregnancy app the week 8 is the week that most people will turn a corner and it'll begin to ease off. Apparently not the case for me :haha:

Haha Rose! Poor you! That would not suit my personality to not discuss names before! I can’t choose the name before but I need a shortlist!

Smiley- NIPT is non invasive prenatal testing. It is a check from chromosomal disorders and you can also know gender early.

Mother- poor you! It’s funny though my apps say now is when it picks up and it peaks in week 9- how can they all be so different?

AFM- scan was great! Saw heartbeat and little one. Measuring ahead by a couple of days at 8wks2!

The apps are making me mad. The size difference was annoying enough, but now I have one saying "your baby had 2 chambers in its heart but now has a fully functioning miniature adult heart with 4 chambers" while the other excitedly announces "your baby now has 2 chambers in their heart!"

I don't know why I listened to it really, I know with my first 3 it didn't end until 12 weeks and the last one it didn't end until 16 weeks, I just can't remember if it eased off gradually or suddenly stopped.

Last edited:
That's great about your scan. I'm so glad all was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->