April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Hope it settles for you soon Sweden. Hope you had a lovely time on the trip and how nice having others around the same stage around you.

Lovely scan happy.

Mother I'm sorry, I hope your DS is OK. Why weren't you allowed in? I thought pregnant women could have MRIs so assumed you could sit in for it.
I hope you get only the best results. It must be really worrying for you :hugs:

Star, I hope you get the energy to try your doppler soon!

Sweden, sounds like you had a good time, minus the morning sickness. I hope that improves again soon.

Thinking of booking another private scan before the 20 week scan, which is booked for 21st November (two days after DS3s 1st birthday). It would be nice to have a longer scan with some more photos. Always feel a little rushed at the hospital. Anyone else thinking of booking a private scan?

Happy, beautiful photo, glad all is well
I don’t think I’ll book an extra scan as we’re bit finding out what we’re having, I think if we were I would and have one at 16 weeks

Sweden, that sounds like a fun weekend, aside from the tiredness and sickness of course! Hope you can take it easy this week

Yeah I don't want to find out till birth but my husband wants to find out, so I guess I will be blocking my ears

I went to the doctor today to get my referral for my 20 week scan ("only" 6 weeks away!) and she asked me if I wanted to know the gender so I caved because I am a weak person! But I won't tell OH or anyone else that I know and will keep referring to the baby as it until it's born. Now that I know it's actually a bit more real for me which is a little scary, to be honest! But very exciting :)

I meant to say:

Mother, that MRI experience doesn't sound great. I really hope all the results and follow up are good.

Cupcake, I'm thinking of getting a private one around week 17. The doctor just told me today I have an anterior placenta so won't feel any movement until later. This makes me want to get a scan even more as I'm sure I'll need the reassurance.

How's everyone feeling? Are you all easing up with sickness? I hope so!

Rose- exciting you’ll find out gender! I had an anterior placenta with DD and felt first movement at 18 weeks- and just after (like hours) our 20 week scan my OH felt the first kick on my stomach. So it might not be as late as some people make out!

My sickness is still there. Still vomiting daily but much better than 2 weeks ago!

I’ve been EXHAUSTED today. DD is home with a fever- although doesn’t appear sick- but I slept 2 hours at lunch when she napped and I swear I could have slept another 2!

Thank you everyone for your kind words about ds3. As far as I'm aware it was just because of the pregnancy although I've had several people since tell me that it shouldn't have been an issue.

I won't be booking an extra scan. I've only done it once, with ds4 at 16 weeks to find out the gender.

I napped. It was 3 hours! And a terrible decision. Only half my brain has woken up and I don't feel up to doing anything now.
Still got sickness and sore boobs, but I'm managing to stay awake much later in the evenings.

I had anterior placenta with 2 of mine and it didn't make any difference to movements for me though I know that it can cushion them a bit.

Rose that's exciting you will be finding out the gender :)
I'm tempted because I feel I'm struggling to really bond with this as it doesn't feel real but I have always wanted a surprise too so...

Sweden I hope DD is better soon! Ours have had a mystery fever without any other symptoms before.

Mother, perhaps they were being over cautious or didn't know.
I know what you mean about napping, I'm the same a lot of the time!

Told my dad yesterday, he seemed pleased for us but said he's worried physically it will be too much after having had a baby not long ago. I have done this before with even less of a gap though and been OK. Except for awful SPD, which hopefully won't happen again.
Still have my brother and ex mil to tell. I have so far bottled out of it.
I think I'm low on potassium again because my heart palpitations have become really frequent like before so I must make a conscious effort to include high potassium foods in my diet

Cupcake, I see that you've mentioned SPD there so that helps me with my next question: what the hell to do about it???

I was running this morning (which I often do) and by the end of it I had to stop because the pain was really bad. I can't even walk now. I went to the doctor who said I have SPD and basically put me on bedrest until Friday, when I have to go back so they can reasses it. I'm really worried that I'm not going to be able to do any exercise or even walk around for the next 6 months. I'm literally imagining hiring a wheelchair just to get around (I hate driving and don't actually have my own car). I was in a wheelchair last year when I broke my ankle so I know I can do it but obviously that is far from ideal.

Does resting actually help? Are there any other tips? I've already made an appointment with the physio. It doesn't hurt at all unless I get up and start walking - but then even one step is too many! Luckily I can work from home for the rest of the week but I will get EXTREMELY depressed if I am unable to be active for the next six months. Please help!!!

Rose , so exciting you will finding out the gender!
Sorry I can’t help with the spd but hope the physio helps
With dd I had physio as 1 side of my pelvis wasn’t higher than the other and my thigh muscles were so tight my knee caps were been pulled up higher than they should be so was in constant pain!

Mother, I napped for an hour yesterday And felt awful!

Happy, hope the palpitations get better, that’s lovely you’ve told your dad and he’s happy!

Scan went well today, finally 12+4!
Bladder was too full so had a wee then baby was too curled up so had to keep wiggling, eventually we got there
She said the fluid on the back of the neck looks a normal thickness but bloods taken too to go along with this
Placenta looks anterior again but maybe a bit higher so hopefully won’t cushion as much like the last 2
They also made all my appointments needed there, unless I end up with diabetes then there will be more
So far I have booked

- 16 week gtt
- 20 week scan
- 21 weeks appointment with consultant due to both previous births PPH
- 26 week gtt if the 16 week one is negative

That's good they are so organised star. And great that your scan went well, even if baby didn't want to play ball to begin with

Didn’t get great pictures because of positioning but got 4 and didn’t have to pay as we had a trainee do half the scan

92360BED-6323-4BC0-8C08-DC9D885F3798.jpeg

Star, that picture is really cute! I think it's actually pretty hard to get 'clear' photos at 12 weeks because they're still so small and they're often moving around. I like your one, for sure.

My SPD is already a bit better than yesterday. I guess resting completely truly does work! Hopefully another couple of days and I'll be back to normal, then I'll just have to work out how to avoid trigger activities.

So we're having A BOY! I knew it. I could feel it all along, so I'm not surprised at all. But happy to know. I grew up with a sister and mostly female cousins so this'll be something new for me! Already trying to figure out how to raise an empathetic and compassionate boy in a world that seems to encourage the opposite way too often...

Star, that picture is really cute! I think it's actually pretty hard to get 'clear' photos at 12 weeks because they're still so small and they're often moving around. I like your one, for sure.

My SPD is already a bit better than yesterday. I guess resting completely truly does work! Hopefully another couple of days and I'll be back to normal, then I'll just have to work out how to avoid trigger activities.

So we're having A BOY! I knew it. I could feel it all along, so I'm not surprised at all. But happy to know. I grew up with a sister and mostly female cousins so this'll be something new for me! Already trying to figure out how to raise an empathetic and compassionate boy in a world that seems to encourage the opposite way too often...

Congratulations on team blue!! I’m glad the SPD is easing a bit

Scan went well today. Measuring a couple of days ahead at 10+2 and edd was pushed up to 26 April. I am so ready for morning sickness to pass

9E0A6218-1505-4066-AD4E-7393FC4A08D7.jpeg

Great news on the scan star and i think it’s an awesome picture!

Ahhhh congrats Rose!! We are all girls in our families too so can imagine it’s exviting! I’m sure you’ll rock at raising an empathetic little man if you’re already thinking about that now!

Aphy- what a great scan pic!

I’m also so ready for morning sickness to pass! It eased up right when it stopped with DD at 10 weeks but back with a vengeance this week. I think it’s because I’m congested and that feeling of gunk in my throat is causing the nausea and vomiting. I’m actually struggling to keep much down right now!

Congratulations rose! And thank you re: the scan photo

Sweden, thank you, I feel for you, my sickness is easing but tiredness is still awful

Aphy, that scan photo is adorable!

I’m all packed for Ibiza, been feeling ill all week though like a virus, dd been iffy on and off but never turned into anything luckily
Kids were at pre school and childminders today, I was meant to work but napped instead, so needed it and i feel a bit better now
I’m tempted to find out gender now but I don’t think dh will
I think it will be nice for dd to find out with us at a 3D scan so I might suggest it
I’m so easily tempted!

Lovely scan pictures. I'm getting so impatient for mine, it seems everyone but me has seen their babies now.

Congratulations on team blue Rose.

I've got a cold, it's so annoying because I can't stop sneezing. I had a headache all day yesterday and the day before, woke up this morning and it was finally gone, only for it to come back. I think it's all the pressure of sneezing that's doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->