April ‘baby’ showers 2020

I really feel the fog has lifted for me now *touch wood*. Nowhere near as sick, nauseous or run down anymore. Hope it continues!

I was awake until 9:30 last night so that was an achievement :haha:
I also saw on the nhs website that if you cook certain cheeses that we aren't allowed, then you can eat them. Guess who's having a baked camembert later. It literally made my day reading that.

I can't remember everything that's been posted...
The aspirin thing, apparently isn't new here but it's the first I have heard of it! I had pre-eclampsia a couple of days before my due date with eldest 18 years ago. Three babies since, all perfectly fine since. Hopefully this time will be OK too. I don't see the point in taking it if this is over something that happened once almost two decades ago.
I hate being consultant led. I just don't feel they have once been helpful. If anything they have caused more anxiety, completely unnecessarily, which I don't need!
Also told I will be offered more scans to monitor growth because one of my babies was below the 10th centile at birth, despite not being a low birthweight and not being my smallest baby. I'm not happy about that tbh so probably will decline if all appears fine otherwise.
Is anyone else declining certain things? I'm also not doing the glucose tolerance test and didn't last year, instead monitoring things at home.

Someone asked about gender... I think this is a girl

Hi Hawaii :)

I'm not declining anything but *touch wood* I'm pretty straight forward at the moment. I've basically no medic history, and all was fine with my others, so it's just the standard 3 scans my area offers and a handful of midwife visits

Just 2 scans in my area (12w and 20w) but more if needed. I always end up having more!

It was two here for years, then about 6 years ago they decided to add in a growth scan at 36 weeks as standard.

Smiley I think it may be lifting here too, well it would it ds would stop getting up at 5am lol

Happy, midwife put me down as consultant led too, I was with ds but only saw him once, with ds it was because of gestational diabetes, strep b that was picked up in a routine urine sample at 12 weeks and because of PPH with both births
I really couldn’t face the diabetes test with him but luckily I did as turned out I had it, wasn’t expecting it at all! Already tested negative at 8 weeks and have to test again at 16 weeks
I never found the consultant appointment overly helpful, all that happened was he explained about the drip to prevent PPH, explained about strep b which the midwife already had then put me in the diary to be induced on my due date, he diabetes had already been dealt with at the diabetes centre so hat wasn’t even discussed
Then had to have 4 weekly growth scans
I don’t mind the extra scans but going to be awkward with childcare if it happens again and doesn’t land on a pre school/ childminders day

Current worst symptom is a headache hat I had all day weds, yesterday was ok and today it’s back, taking paracetamol regularly and using my forehead stick to death lol
Ran out of paracetamol and stupidly just been to the shop and didn’t get any!
Less than a week til scan, 12 weeks tomorrow!

Welcome, Hawaii!

I don't know how many scans sroutin here, actually. Maybe 3?

Finally told my partner's family yesterday for his mother's birthday and they were all so excited. But actually I think they were equally excited because they assume now we'll be getting married haha! As far as I know that's not on the cards... It doesn't really matter to me at the moment anyway, but it was pretty funny to see OH's mum and sister suddenly shift the conversation to weddings not at all subtly.

We didn't intend to get married either, Rose. Then all of a sudden half way through with ds1 I suddenly decided it was really important that it happen before he was born and we got married at 8 months :haha:

Ds3 has an MRI Monday morning, and one of the things I'm worrying about is needing to throw up mid way through his scan. I did phone and ask and they said I can sit with him while he has it done, but it's going to be up to an hour. I'll have to try to stuff my face on the way and hope for the best.

Hope you can get through it mother and ds is ok

I take it back about then fog lifting, just had a 3 day headache, heartburn is kicking in and the tiredness isn’t going anywhere

I swear I felt it again. Still not the little pops that I felt with the others. But the exact feeling I was having a week ago, but stronger this time. I don't want to assume it's the baby and think all is well if it isn't, but it's not like any wind over ever felt before.

Ooh exciting mother, I thought I didn’t too last night, felt like 2 little kicks on the left side and what made me think it was is because it was so low down and not the usual place for wind lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->