April ‘baby’ showers 2020

I'm attempting a cup of tea. My headache is coming and going today, but sometimes in the past tea would help. I haven't been able to drink hot drinks for weeks so I'm hoping I don't start to feel sick by the time I'm done.

Those who felt movement, has it been regular? I felt something at 8 and 9 weeks quite often, then nothing for about a week. Then the end of week 10 I felt something sporadically, but doesn't seem to be getting stronger. I'm now worrying about the fact that I'm almost 12 weeks and haven't felt anything that I can't say is 100% baby. Ds4 was kicking away by now. Scan is Wednesday and it can't come fast enough.

Mother I can’t be certain I’ve felt anything! Occasionally I think I feel something but can’t be really certain. I know it’s easier said than done but I’d try not to stress about it not being regular- it’s so early to feel movement!

Not long until our scans- although I imagine it will feel like it takes forever for weds to arrive!

I'm trying. I keep reassuring myself that it is ridiculously early to feel anything. It's definitely easier said than done. I'd be the first to tell someone to relax if the shoe was on the other foot though :haha: there's no actual reason to think anything is wrong. I guess I just still can't believe I'm having another after trying for so long. I was honestly going to give it until Christmas then give up!

Wednesday can't come fast enough. I can't believe I'll finally be able to tell the boys. DH reckons it's really obvious that I have a bump now and that people will start guessing soon. How the older ones haven't said anything I don't know, ds1 even had to get me another roll of to let paper last week when I was throwing up. He's seen me pregnant enough times to put 2 and 2 together. Although he isn't the most observant.

Mother I haven’t felt anything since I thought I did a week or 2 ago and everything was ok at scan, I think I imagined it lol

Hope your cold is better mother, I had a viral thing which seems to be going now, just a bit of a cough

Every time I think my cold is gone I have a day where I can not stop sneezing.

Thanks everyone for listening to me moaning and stressing. I really thought that once I made it past the first few weeks I would relax, apparently not. But you've all been great at talking me down.

Mother, I haven't felt anything at all that could be movement, though it's my first one and I also have an anterior placenta so I'm thinking I won't feel anthing until 20 weeks or something. Don't worry at all about you're stressing - we all do it. Hopefully it will get better for you soon!

I haven't felt sick in about a week which makes me think my nausea is well and truly passed. I hope this happens for all of you ladies soon too! Still having to go to the toilet ALL THE TIME which is a hassle, but apparently that's motherhood for you, haha.

That's great your sickness seems to have passed, hopefully we will all be feeling much better soon

I literally woke up this morning and no nausea. Was like it the past two days and was about to reply to Rose and say my sickness has gone too! Then ate breakfast and promptly vomited it back up into the bowl to the delight of my DD and OH. So noooo not quite gone- although MUCH better!

Niiice! Hopefully it'll be over for real soon. I don't feel as bad.

I've just received a letter for an appointment with a Miss Islam or a member of her antenatal clinic. I'm most confused as I see the midwife at the children's centre and my scans are at the big hospital but this is at the little hospital. I'll be 21 weeks exactly at the appointment. I've tried calling and can't get through. All it says is to bring a list of medications, doesn't even mention my notes

Glad you’re better rose and almost for you Sweden!
I’m definitely better, my headaches are easing and less tired but need to pee all the time too

Mother, how strange, hopefully someone will get back to you and you can get to the bottom of it!

So someone in a group I'm in on Facebook (and Google backed it up) said that it's standard practice with 5th babies for you to see a consultant so I seems like it's just because of that really.

DH has said he wants to find out the gender. I'm really not sure what to do now.

Ahh that’s good you found out the reason Mother!

Oh that’s tough with DH wanting to find out! This is where my oh is easy- he will just go with what I want! Most of the time anyway....

It’s so quiet on here in general! But I found with DD the pregnancy group went quiet during the second trimester and picked up again in the third. Not sure why- maybe excitement from finding out slows and then picks up again nearer birth?

I wasn't in a due date group before, but I guess that makes sense. And yeah, the whole forum is so quiet.

I think if I say I really don't want to then he'll wait, but I'm wobbling at bit at the moment. I think he's worried as well that it won't be as rosey as I imagine waiting will be. I have days when I really hope it's a girl and days where I don't care either way, so I think he's thinking ahead to that and picturing a bad reaction to a boy, where as I think if I meet the baby and have all those endorphins running around then I won't even mind because I'll have already fallen in love. It's definitely my last, I've found it much harder so far this time.

I'm feeling even better today. Hardly felt sick and my boobs aren't sore. I don't really feel pregnant at all which is both a relief that that part might be over soon but also worrying even though I know it's normal :haha:

Scan tomorrow! How are you feeling about it?

Ahhh well that’s cute your DH is thinking about you. It’s a tough one. Do you give yourself time to prepare if it turns out not to be a girl or on the flip side give yourself time to be excited with all girly things if it is? But I also think it’s harder to feel “disappointment” if your holding a ball of cuteness in your hands so I get your thinking there!
I’m sorry I can’t remember fully, but you found out with your other right? Did it help then to have the time to prepare?

Yes I’m super excited but nervous about tomorrow! Im terrified if we get some bad news about the genetic screening as OH and I are a bit split on what we would do in the scenario. But hopefully it’s not an issue!

I’m feeling super pregnant but looking it too. People can’t believe how much I’m showing already! I have a pretty big bump already. I’ve felt pretty rubbish all day with a head cold which has made me vomit. But took a sick day and feeling a bit better after napping and having a bath! Felt a couple of movements I am 99% sure are little one! I’ve been super down this entire pregnancy, close to depressed, but feeling so much better now! I didn’t have it with DD. I have no reason to be down so think it was fluctuating first trimester hormones!

Mother, I was in the same boat. DH wanted to to know and I said I don’t but now I’ve decided to rather find out as it gives me chance to start bonding already. I am scared I have gender disappointment if it’s another boy so would rather work through that now than once baba is here.

Both myself and our toddler are sick so it hasn’t been great currently. MS fluctuates with some days feeling moderately ok while others are terrible. Today is moderately bad again

Our big genetic scan is next week Thursday so I am a little nervous because of all the meds I’ve been taking these past few weeks

Has everyone started showing yet? I haven’t popped yet so stomach still flat for now

I can't clearly remember. I'm not as concerned this time. Last time I REALLY wanted a girl, and this time I'm more resigned to the fact it's a boy and as much as I would choose as girl if I could I know now that having been through it I'll love a boy anyway. I was wanting to wait as I was kind of worried that it would ruin my last pregnancy if I was sad that he was a boy, but because I don't feel as desperate about it I don't know that I will. I did have post natal depression with ds2 and have suffered with depression on and off for years so I think he's worried about that more than anything. I was hell to live with and the boys will all be so much more aware if I lose it again. But anyway, I don't feel like it is as important this time, I have days where I'm absolutely sure I'll have a boy and I'm perfectly ok with that and just so happy to be having a baby again. Last time I could literally only picture a girl when I thought about the baby. This time I can picture a boy but just have a tiny lingering hope underneath it all if that makes sense.

DH and I were split on genetic screening once upon a time. We haven't discussed it at all recently and I'm not sure if having a child with mild additional needs has opened him up a bit more to the idea of a child who isn't "perfect" (not that our son isn't perfect how he is, but in the public opinion if you know what I mean)

I spoke too soon. I wanted too long to get lunch and was gagging making it, and my boobs are ever so slightly tender. I've still not felt anything 100% I'm doubting what I felt before now because it's been so long.

DH reckons that my belly is quite obvious and that people will start guessing soon. I'm hoping my MIL doesn't notice when we drop ds3 off tomorrow morning. Some days I feel big, others I feel like I've not grown haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->