April ‘baby’ showers 2020

So after saying my OH always just goes along with me and what I say I want, he said last night after I said I think we should be team yellow that he wants to find out!

I was so set on it being a surprise but feel maybe as I decided last time he should this time! Also my curiosity has peaked now he says he wants to know! Ahhh what to do!

With DD he had bad anxiety and was in some ways quite detached from the pregnancy. So I wonder if it’s good for him to go along with his wishes to help lower anxiety this time!

I'm wavering a lot too. We all started out with such good intentions :haha:

I really do want the surprise though! Although I’m certain it’s another girl! I guess I’m just happy he is not paralysed in thinking forward this time and happy to plan ahead- so feel maybe I should embrace it! Rather than holding my ground on being team yellow!

That's true. He may be really excited. You don't have to decide right now anyway.
I've just messaged my mum.
I literally said "these are the term dates you asked for. 1st picture is secondary school, 2nd is primary, I purposely waited to give them to you because of the 3rd picture. I think it might be best to just do days out or a short uk break this time." Then sent through the three pictures. Now I'm scared waiting for that reply. I don't think she'll be mean as we don't have a free speaking relationship. We went 5 years without speaking after she chucked me out because I wouldn't end my relationship with DH. Things are good now, but we still choose our words carefully.

Ohhh fingers crossed mother! Waiting for a reply is the worst! Time goes so slowly!

I think she's working today as well. When I sent it she had been online 10 minutes before, but I don't know if that would have been a break or if she is doing the later shift so had gone to get ready. I might not hear until lunch.
Thank you though. I'm sure it'll all be fine, I was rest worried about MIL too but she was actually happy.

Good luck, Mother! Hope you back soon!

And congratulations to you ladies getting your scans - they look great. I advocate everyone to find out boy or girl like I did, haha. Then you can start thinking properly about names, which is so much fun!

She replied with congratulations and asked when I was due then asked if we knew which colour so it was ok.

The tiredness is back. I've had a couple of weeks where I've felt more awake a d gradually stayed up later, now I'm exhausted by lunch. Yesterday I thought it was all the running around and I was ready to sleep at 7:30. I had an early night and still struggled to get up this morning and want to nap now.

Glad she was happy mother!!

With you on the tiredness!!! I’m exhausted too. Hosting a baby shower on Saturday and have a crazy work week next week though so might be part of it! But so far no vomiting today- Stark contrast to the past three days which were near constant vomiting!

Oh a break from vomiting must be lovely.

So glad that I've told her now. Only w couple more people to tell and then I can announce properly.

Im also wavering on staying team yellow :lol: still unsure!

Mother thats not as bad as you expected then! We are telling people today!

Yay that's so great!

DH told his brother. He text him saying "when was the last time you counted how many kids we have?" And he replied saying "well I thought it was 4, why, do you make it something different?" :haha:

Beautiful scan smiley and great the kids were happy!!

Mother that’s a fun text to receive and a fun way to tell someone!

My mum is coming on Sunday so I’ll let her see when I get her from the airport as I’m clearly pregnant and then I’ll take a picture with her to send to my dad and siblings. Everyone else will find out as I see them I guess. Not decided if I’ll do a social media announcement but not feeling it right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->