April ‘baby’ showers 2020

That's great your sickness has practically gone Sweden.
I know what you mean, I can't get in to my pjs fast enough at the end of the day. As soon as I know I won't have to leave the house again that's it :haha:

I just went and ordered some maternity jeans and leggings on line - may as well give into it, definitely getting fatter now (I am 16 weeks after all).

Sweden, excellent about your sickness going! Hopefully the nausea will be a thing of the past for all of us very soon. Now heartburn is really setting in for me...

Anyone else low in iron? I'm so tired it's really ridiculous. This baby better come out being super strong and fit for all the vitamins and minerals he's sucking from me.

I'm in between at the moment. If I don't button my normal jeans I can wear them, but only like 2 pairs, and I've got 2 pairs of maternity jeans and some maternity leggings.

I’m in full maternity now. Occasionally a top that was baggy anyway that wasn’t maternity.

I’ve felt regular movements the past couple of days! Some definite flips and flutters. Only here and there but happening! Can’t wait for the kicks!

Nausea definitely gone. Starting to love food again! And I Got my date for the 20 week but need to reschedule I think as looks like OH is travelling that day.

How are you all feeling?

Yay for getting your scan date. Usually we make our 20 week appointment at our 12 week scan but the receptionist couldn't access my file because the sonographer hadn't logged out of it yet, so she had she would send one in the post. I'm giving it 2 weeks then calling.
I still end up randomly gagging when I get hungry, but not every time. There's no warning either, it comes out of nowhere and I need to eat whatever I can lay my hands on immediately or I'll be sick. It is much better though. It's worse in the mornings on a completely empty stomach.

I've felt a few things that quite possibly could be the baby, but just don't fully trust that it is. A couple of little nudges and quite a bit of the rolling pressure I felt early on, like baby is laying against the side of my uterus.

I don't know how to tell if it's the baby or just stuff going on in my gut, as my friend told me it feels like gas or something at the start. How do you know the difference? And when can you actually feel something with your hand on your stomach? I might have felt something while lying in bed last night but I can't say for sure.

Sweden and Mother, so glad you're both feeling (mostly) better! When is your 20 week scan? I made mine for the 18th of November although I'll be nearly 21 weeks by then.

I Sweden and mother, glad you are feeling better or starting to mother!
I’ve got a couple of maternity leggings but the high waste band bugs me a bit
Precious pregnancies I’ve worn my usual clohes but the loose fitting ones, I never wear jeans anyway as find them uncomfortable lol, either way I’m in pyjamas whenever I’m at home haha

I haven’t felt any movement since a few days ago but swear that was flutters twice as it didn’t feel like anything else
Last 2 I only felt obvious kicks at 21 weeks because of anterior placentas so haven’t felt flutters before
Rose, I can’t remember when I felt kicks from the outside but it wasn’t quite far on, I’m thinking now about the end when the movement start to hurt lol, in a good way though, can’t wait for it all again!

I never felt flutters with my others at all. The first thing I felt was like a poke from the inside, so it was easy to tell. I was much slimmer with my others (At my booking in appointment I weighed almost as much as I did heavily pregnant with the others. I'm only a size 14 and on the taller side so people still say "It's alright for you, you're skinny" so I was shocked) and I felt movement from the outside pretty soon after feeling them inside. Laying down definitely helps too.

Ive been feeling definite flutters but they are higher up than i was expecting, not far from my belly button.

Sweden and Mother glad you are starting to feel better. Ive had a bad week this week for feeling rotten and just been sick this morning. When will it end?!?

Had an early gender scan this week and found out its a boy :blue: 4 boys for me x

Congratulations smiley. Seeing people finding out is making me impatient haha

With ds4 I was sick until about 16 weeks, so I'm hoping it continues to fade and I'll get away with just another couple of weeks like last time. I hope yours calms down soon too

Yay Smiley - a boy to go with my boy! I hope that outcome is all right with you.

I'm going for a reasurrance scan tomorrow but my OH is away for work and my mum's in China so my sister is coming with me (I get so horribly stressed in every scan ever since my MMC was discovered at a scan and I need someone to come with me). The only thing is, she got diagnosed with whooping cough about 3 weeks ago. She's had antibiotics so apparently she's not contagious anymore. I haven't seen her properly since she was sick but do you guys think it'll be okay to drive to the scan together?

Thank you mother!

Rose yes that is fine by me having another boy! A girl would have been nice but I knew it was a boy from day 1.

Im guessing you will be fine travelling with her since shes had her antibiotics? Good luck for your scan x

Congrats on the boy smiley!

Rose it’s hard to say what it feels like but I will say you know once you’ve felt movement! You’ll suddenly know for sure that was baby! That was my experience anyway... My OH felt movement from the outside the same day as our 20 week scan and by 24 I could film movement on my phone it was so clear through my stomach. I have no idea about whooping cough so cant give you any advice there!

Mother I also get the random gagging when hungry but no nausea and actual vomiting!

Rose, try Spatone and drink it with your Prenatals so you're getting a dose of vitamin C at the same time to help iron absorption. When I was anaemic with Castiel they wanted me on iron pills which most people don't react fabulously to but I wasn't happy about that so tried Spatone instead and not only did I experience absolutely zero side effects, it got my iron levels back to normal within two weeks. Ignore anyone who tells you it's too low a dose to help because it's to do with the way it's absorbed rather than the amount of iron, and those evil pills are too much for our bodies to cope with anyway, so we don't absorb anywhere close to what they are! Spatone is a nice, gentle and natural way to get rid of anaemia, and even if you're not anaemic it won't do any harm to take it anyway.

Sorry I hope everyone is OK, been busy.

Wow, thanks heaps, Cupcake! That's great advice! I'm definitely going to give that a try. I don't want the iron pills because of my fear of constipation so that Spatone sounds perfect. Thank you!

Iron pills are horrible! They play havoc with me too so I'm so glad I found Spatone! They sell it in Boots and supermarkets but you can buy it from Amazon possibly cheaper. They also do apple flavour with added vit C but if you take Prenatals still then just take with those. I mixed mine with coconut water because I needed extra potassium at the time.

Not sure about whooping cough, have you not had the vaccine? They keep going on about it here but I haven't been offered it. I shall have a Google and see what I find

OK, so I'm reading that someone with whooping cough is infectious up to three weeks but isn't after and if on antibiotics that time is reduced, so you should be OK.

Whooping cough

Congratulations smiley! Hope you’re feeling better with the nausea soon

Rose, hope scan goes well tomorrow which I’m sure it will! Sorry I can’t help with the whooping cough advice but sounds like it’s long enough ago that it would be ok

We’re thinking of finding out gender
Reason been dd keeps on about wanting a girl , she’s only nearly 4 so I have to let her off for being picky lol, she does say she doesn’t mind if it’s a boy but keeps calling it a girl, we were going to tell her together what it is when she visits at the hospital, however now I’m worried her first moment meeting him or her will be ruined if she’s upset it’s a boy lol
So thinking of a 4d scan then going to buy the baby some clothes she can pick to give her enough time to get used to the idea if it is a boy
Either way I totally don’t mind but think it better not to have a 4 year olds meltdown at the hospital with the news she hasn’t got the sister she hoped for haha

Thanks everyone! The scan was fine - the baby was drinking is amniotic fluid and playing with his mouth which was a bit cute. He's getting bigger - 17 weeks tomorrow. I just decided the whooping cough threat was probably minimal as she's not actively coughing during the day anymore.

Star, I think that's a pretty good reason. You can't trust little kids to be rational about this stuff and it's probably a good idea at that age to prepare them as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->