April ‘baby’ showers 2020

They do sound like good signs Sweden, hopefully they are doing something. It's hard when you're looking out for signs and hopefully waiting, to not read too much in to them. Fingers crossed if they have some regularity to them though then they'll just get more frequent and we will have our first baby soon!

No baby and no more pains! So weird I never had this with DD- once it started it was just a real big increase in intensity and contractions from there! But I wonder as I’m moving around more, picking up toys, caring for a toddler etc if that what’s causing it. I have the midwife tomorrow so we will see!

But it’s APRIL! It’s our month!

Happy April everyone! Our babies are coming!

Hope everyone is okay! My induction is set for 23rd when I will be 9 days over due if he hasnt already arrived by then.

Sounds like some of you will be having babies any day :D

How is it April?! I can't believe we are having babies this month.

It could be that Sweden. Hopefully things will get moving for real for you soon.

Hey smiley, that's great you've got an induction booked already, though fingers crossed you won't need it. My sweep is booked for the 22nd at 7 days over so if we both do go to that point we could end up having babies the same day.

Ds4 is FINALLY sounding much better. He still has a little cough and is a bit snotty but it's a huge improvement. Ds2 and ds3 haven't progressed much beyond a blocked nose, with a little tickle in ds2 throat now and then so hopefully it'll just stay as that then clear. Ds1 still has just a cough with no other symptoms, it is possible his nose is blocked but he can't actually tell after breaking it in the playground when he was 5, it always feels blocked to him now. There's actually a chance they might all be recovered for the birth.

Our car battery is flat! We are hoping it'll charge and doesn't need replacing. The only comfort is that I've never gone in to labour before 39 weeks so feel like we've a small amount of time to sort it

Sweden, I found it’s quite common with subsequent babies to feel as if things were starting only for it to tail off for another day. But it’s good in a way because hopefully you’re cervix is thinning out and dilating with them even if they do stop and start.

Mother, I’m glad your children are getting better. It’s horrible when they’re poorly! Can your first not have anything done to help his nose not feel permanently blocked?

Smiley, I hope you don’t need your induction date!

I’m at hospital right now, initially for a check but looks like we’re having a baby today. Hopefully, anyway!
Everything is fine, but the doctor or consultant advised induction still, but said perhaps an examination by our midwife would be a good idea to see if things were favourable now. He said that way I can better gauge how long I would be stuck here for, because they know that’s why I’m worried. So midwife said cervix is nice and thin, she can feel baby’s head and I’m about 2cm dilated already. So, I’m having my waters broken about 3pm today. Worried about being away from home because husband wants to be here, but that means leaving eldest (18) with the others. Not a problem as he’s very sensible, but he suffers with anxiety and would have to deal with youngest on his own which he hasn’t done before. He’s brilliant with him but I’m worried he will get anxious at some point so I have told hubby to wait at home for as long as possible to see how quickly things happen.
Had a good sweep and been having contractions every 3-5 minutes since so fingers crossed this won’t take too long

Ahh so exciting happy! Will be awaiting your update, hope all continues to go well

Mother, hope the car is sorted, I don’t think I will go into labour before 40 weeks but still hope the on off pains I have are doing something
The midwife said when it’s your third they tend to stop and start every few days which is what seems to be happening actually

Sweden, hope yours picks up again and you don’t have too long to wait!

Well the battery is completely dead, 4 hours of charging and nothing, we need a new one

Oh my gosh Happy!! So exciting!!

sorry about the battery mother!

It's just really bad timing, still it could have happened next week or the week after and would have been even more of a panic

Blimey. So that totally didn't go how I expected it to! I naively thought our midwife would break my waters and I would just go into labour easily and it would be just like any other birth. Wrong!
She broke my waters easily and I did indeed go into labour just as easily. My husband arrived shortly after and we went for a walk by the ponds on the hospital grounds and laughed at the male ducks chasing the females and trying to kill each other.
Our midwife then had to go and we swapped over to another who we met once before, and was also lovely so that was fine.
After having been in labour a good few hours she examined me, and I just assumed given how strong contractions were at that point, I must be close to fully dilated... I was still at 2-3cm dilated and I just cried. The doctor said she wanted me on the hormone drip so given I honestly thought we would be pushing soon and to find out I wasn't even in established labour, I asked for an epidural. Not had one before, I have had all four babies before with gas & air and some without anything, so I was really apprehensive but I couldn't cope with the intensity of the drip (had it with DS1). Anaesthetist came right away which was amazing, and I had that done, which was really weird! The relief though. My goodness. So we thought let's get a few hours sleep. I had to have the wotsit on baby's head monitoring her anyway so wasn't like we could go very far. We both just started to nod off when I just had this almighty urge to push out of nowhere. Given I was just 2-3cm dilated not long before, it really panicked me because I just thought I'm not allowed to push now and I can't be fully dilated! But literally just like that, with me shouting 'HELP ME! I HAVE TO PUSH!', out she came. We were both slightly shocked. The midwife helped her with her airway briefly as she was having trouble clearing it after popping out so fast, but she is perfect. All 7lb 2.5oz of her <3

Congratulations happy! Sounds like a lovely birth, what time was she born?
Such exciting news!!

Anyone else even more excited now we have our first baby in the group?

New car battery coming tomorrow, plus hopefully my asda delivery (also tomorrow) will include some snacks and drinks for my hospital bag. So he's allowed to arrive from Saturday onwards haha I'm still predicting a few days over due though.

I haven’t ordered any snacks Yet but got a Tesco delivery Monday
I reckon I will go over too
Glad the car battery is sorted!

I thought I better start trying to get things now in case I can't get them later hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->