April ‘baby’ showers 2020

That's true, we are always so worried about baby we forget about ourselves.

They've cancelled all home births here. If it happens fast I can call am ambulance but it's unlikely to get here on time anyway as there are delays to the service. I would still then be taken to hospital, so unless I'm caught really short it seems a bit pointless. We just have to focus on all the babies that are being born around the world right now, and how they are all fit and healthy and coming straight home. There's no reason that won't be us.

Exactly mother! I read that the one in the icu here was born prematurely so might account for why they are struggling with it. Poor parents... otherwise I’ve read that babies and children’s underdeveloped immune systems are actually beneficial as it is a extreme immune response that is causing strong complications.

Some more period like cramps right now but still feel she’s so high in comparison to when I had DD so I’m starting to wonder if it will be anytime soon... haha

We get free school meals, so have been given vouchers to help with extra food costs while the boys are not in school. Annoyingly they can only be used in store. So anyway, today I've been out, to both Morrison's and Asda. Other than a couple of things I couldn't get that'll go in my regular delivery slot from Asda to keep the slot going I should be set meals wise for 2 weeks, and shouldn't have to leave the house again until either labour starts or I have my sweep.
I'm hoping all that walking and pushing a heavy trolley (I stupidly put the milk and 10lt bag of cat litter in the very front end of the trolley) will have helped some how. He definitely feels low and I'm aching now.
DH is getting as excited as the boys and started saying every day how it could be any time now and when is he coming? He is putting bets on tonight/early hours of the morning for some reason, can't say that I wouldn't love him to be right :haha:

Was he right mother?! I hope so!

was just at midwife and she said she’d put money on my labour starting in the next 48 hours! I hope she’s right! She said she’s been wrong before but more often than not her instinct is right- I realllllllllyyyy hope that’s the case!

No, unfortunately he wasn't right haha

Oooo let's hope that she's right then. It's about time we had another baby in here. There's a super moon tonight apparently and it's an old wives tale that full moons bring on labour so we should all go stand in the moonlight tonight :haha: :haha:

Exciting sweden, I’ll be checking for updates!

Mother, I’ll try anything haha

I was hoping to find more babies arrived! Not long to go now though. I reckon there will be more babies by the weekend :)

Bluebell is just amazing :cloud9:
I tried to upload a photo here but it keeps telling me off as the file isn't small enough.
My blood pressure is high again so trying to get control of it. Anxious about it

Happy I have to screenshot the photo and then upload the screenshot, no idea why but it usually works then.
Here's my 39 weeks bump picture. I'm hoping it's the last one :haha:
The weather is lovely today, none of my babies have had nice weather for birthdays really. I know April is a hit and miss month, but it's nice to think that one year we might get to have a picnic or bbq for a birthday haha

Gorgeous bump mother!
Such a cute name happy!

I’m having stomach tightening every 6-7 minutes and constant back ache. During the tightenings by bum and thighs hurt. I have an intense pressure and discomfort feeling so definitely feel like something is starting, but also feels so different to DD

LOvely bump mother!

Love her name happy!

Sweden I’m excited for you, keep us posted if you can lol

Oooo Sweden I hope this is it. I remember being convinced I wasn't in labour with ds2 because it felt different to how I remembered with ds1, but I woke up with things in full swing in the early hours of the next morning so I must have been.

Our little girl arrived at 00.52 this morning! Got to hospital at 18.30 and was only 1cm but contractions weren’t that strong but we didn’t want to risk a speedy at home delivery. At 22.00 I was 4cms and at just after midnight 7cm. So the last 50 minutes went incredibly fast and no pushing she just pushed herself! Wonderful but intense delivery! Both doing great and she’s feeding wonderfully!

Ahh that’s wonderful news sweden, congratulations! It sounds like my ds birth, intense but speedy, how much does she weigh?

Congratulations Sweden, I was hoping to come on and find that you had had your baby!

Star lovely bump, so neat.

Thank you mother, how are you today?

Just had midwife appointment and she thinks baby will be here by Sunday!
She said you’re usually always 1-2cm dilated after first baby and I’m 2-3 at the moment, cervix is soft and really short, about half a cm so she done a real good sweep, had some bleeding since but she said she really done it well lol
Now just to keep moving!

That's great star, I hope she's right for you. I wish I knew what was going on in there and if it looked promising.
I'm pretty much the same. I'm still crampy but as it's almost constant when I get it rather than coming and going I'm not excited by it any more. Not losing any thing plug like.
I had a bad night with heart burn and am very tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->