April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Beautiful bump photos <3

Congratulations Sweden! Sounds like you had a really positive delivery :)

Sounds like there will be more beautiful babies joining us soon :cloud9:

Mother, thank you for the photo upload tip, I shall try it

Screenshot_20200412_231202_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20200412_231156_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20200412_221716_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Ahh beautiful happy! Hope you’re both well
So many newborn snuggles to enjoy!
How are you finding things?

Last night I had lots of pressure like I don’t even know how she stayed in lol
This morning some mild pains, let’s hope it turns into something now my midwifes prediction of Easter Sunday has been and gone!
Only bad thing if it does happen today is I’ve been up with ds from 4:30 but I didn’t mind as too uncomfortable in bed and know I can go back to bed for 2-3 hours but not if anything has started!
Least I slept well until that point

It would be so much easier if I could go in during the day, even if they then said to go back home, at least I would know what situation I’m in and dh could pick me back up with the kids without having to disturb them

She's beautiful Happy.

I hope something happens for you soon Star. I've had nothing at all since the other day. I'm pretty sure now I've still got another week to go.

Just woke up and nothing again, pretty sure I’ll be going to my midwife appointment Thursday and be having another sweep

When’s your next appointment morher?

Not until the 22nd. I'll have a sweep then.
How frustrating that you've woken to nothing again.

Thank you! :)
We're doing OK I think. Bluebell feeds a lot. I don't know where one so tiny puts it all! I don't know if it's down to breastfeeding and water but from my heaviest I have lost about 2.5st so far.
My ankles are normal, finally! And this evening, needing to pee and being due my meds my blood pressure was 150/82, which is an improvement as a day or two ago it would be more like 170/100+ under the same circumstances. I'm hoping this means my bp is starting to go back to normal. It would be good to not have this constant worry over my head so we can get on with life now.

I hope there are more babies born soon!

Hi how is everyone?

40+4 here and still nothing!

Yesterday I had a more restful day and didn’t go on the ball once, I didn’t have any pains all day so think the ball has been bringing them on but not been actual labour (obvs as we still don’t have a baby lol)
I called maternity about the on off pains and they said it’s typical of third baby and when pains start to have a hot bath (which I didn’t think you were meant to have it hot?) and if the pains go away then it isn’t labour, if they carry on then to call them
Feeling very frustrated now, midwife tomorrow though so hopefully today goes quick!

I didn't think you were meant to have it too hot either, maybe that only applies for earlier on :/
I seem to get them no matter what I do, but when I do they last ages and have short gaps then go away. Rather than starting small and far apart and then building up.
Due date today so I'm confident today is the one day nothing will happen, I've woken up with one side of my throat swollen and an ear ache as well.

Good luck for tomorrow's appointment

That’s what mine were like, lasted ages with small gaps, just not every day
I’m going to get back on the ball today Cos at least if it’s fake pains they might actually be doing something even if I don’t go into immediate labour

Oh no, I hope you don’t start to feel too poorly, that’s not what you need right now, I thought I’d be coming in to see your birth announcement after my morning nap!
Had a 5am start with both kids today, tbh I was awake at 4:30 and by 5 my hips have had enough so I don’t mind getting up then going back to bed for a couple of hours which wouldn’t be happening if we weren’t in lockdown!

Looking forward to tomorrow’s appointment, I hope with it being a different midwife she checks my cervix, not bothered about a sweep (not sure if they actually do anything but cause fake pains) but will accept if she offers, as I’m 2 days before 41 weeks she might not as it’s someone different but then I don’t see why not if I’ve alre had one last week

My sister has got 7 weeks til she’s induced with the twins if they’re not already here
Really hoping lockdown is over by then and we can all get together!

I've gone back to bed too as I had a rubbish night, getting up every hour to pee, then my hips, knees and even ankles were aching which they usually only do in winter, then I was hungry.
Hopefully 7 weeks is enough time for this to be over, or at least relaxed enough for you to be able to visit.
Yeah I'm hoping that if nothing else the pains are getting everything ready to go smoothly.

Hi mother how are you feeling?

Midwife has booked me in to be induced next Thursday, 40+12
She thinks I will have her this weekend but i heard that last weekend lol
It was a different midwife and she said they’re not allowed to do sweeps or check anything now to reduce any risks so I’m none the wiser!
Had a bad night, so uncomfortable, pains every 15 mins with a bad back, fell back asleep in the end about 4:30 and when I woke up it had stopped again!

I'm a lot better today. Not 100% but certainly glad to have improved.

That's disappointing that she couldn't even check.
Even though it's not until Wednesday I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing the midwife again, disappointingly. Fingers crossed you do go this weekend, but at least you have a date now if you don't. The end is in sight.

Ahh mother and star sorry you’re still waiting! Hopefully they’ll make an appearance soon!

sorry I’ve been absent, been trying to get the breastfeeding settled as it’s been painful but looks like we are turning a corner! I have been regularly checking in for baby news though! Really hope they get a wiggle on soon!

Glad to hear you’re well sweden, I find breastfeeding so painful at the start, it can definitely take a while to get past that stage

Still nothing here, 41 weeks tomorrow
If she doesn’t get wriggling this morning properly looks like I’ll be going to maternity, had a few little kicks but not proper movements yet this morning, trying to sit still for a while to make sure

Good to hear from you Sweden, hope you get breastfeeding settled soon.
Star I hope baby is just having a lazy morning.

I laid down and she started moving a lot so that was all good thank you Mother

I didn’t sleep too bad last night but still napped for 2 hours when dh got up this morning, it seems to be a habit I shouldn’t be getting used to lol
Feel drained, didn’t go on the ball or walk around much at all yesterday but will try today
She isn’t back to back anymore so all the ball time has worked anyway

Thats great she's moving, and no longer back to back.
I was awake for over 1.5 hours during the night, plus getting up to pee as usual. I feel so heavy today. Though I suppose if the scan is to be believed and he's grown at the average speed, then I do have 8.5lb of baby in there already haha

I dread to think how big this little one is, the longer I go on the bigger she gets haha

Thats what I'm thinking about above everything else really. I can stand a few extra days of kicks and cramps and being allowed to nap as and when I want ha ha but I only bought him 4 new sleep suits as we had so much already, and 3 of them were up to 9lb, the other was up to 10lb. I want them to fit him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->