April Babies 2018

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
VERY shock BFP here yesterday, not 100% on dates but guessing April 1st or that first week. Scan tomorrow!

Didn't see another just April thread so if you're due April, hi!:flower::baby:

Hi!!! I didnt see another April thread either. I was looking all over lol. I got my first bfp about a week ago. Im 18 DPO today. Super nervous to MC and super nervous to have a fourth kid :wacko:

I dont have my first appointment until 8 weeks. Hoping I get a dating scan when I go!

Hi :D

Just us for now it seems!

Mine was a VERY surprise BFP lol. Wasn't sure of dates and he scan was pretty inconclusive, saw a couple sacs but one was much bigger and neither had anything there. It was a bedside ultrasound at my OBs office though, not the best to see anything lol.

Had labs last week, wed was 11 (lol) and Friday 91:wacko: So doubling fast but doesn't really explain he sacs! Today I go an get another beta and again Thursday. The 10th back to OB to try again with her machine, she really needs an upgrade! Then the 16th a scan at perinatology fx get there. So that's my crazy so far.

So you found out super early? I guess I was too although I didn't realize it!!

What is the date of your first appointment? I hope you get a scan! Only fair:baby:

4 kids is fun :D What do you have already, boys:girls? This is #7 (maybe 8 as well) for us :O 4 girls:2 boys.

How are the early days treating you? I've got nausea and bloating but this time really tired.

Omg how do you manage with so many kids? lol Im scared of how Ill manage. I have 3 girls. Im KINDA hoping for a boy to mix things up a bit but since I still have all my baby things and clothes, it would be much cheaper to have another girl lol. My first appointment in August 20. Im hoping theyll give me a scan. Reeaally hoping.

I asked for beta draws. They normally wont do them here unless youve already miscarried. But the nurse who confirmed my pregnancy was new and ordered the tests when I asked. I was surprised and grateful lol.

So far, betas numbers are 14 DPO 125. 15 DPO 189. 18 DPO 660. I wont have anymore after that. Although, I kinda wish I had asked for one more. The 20th cant get here soon enough!!

And two sacs?! Exciting!!

Hello! I am here too - I am so nervous. I got a :BFP: on 8/2/17. This will be our second - our first was born in Dec '16. This was 100% unplanned... They will be 16 months apart. We always wanted our babies close - but were thinking more around the 2 year mark instead. Hoping to get some support through this thread as both hubby and I are working tons still and the thought of adding another baby is just OVERWELMING! We are getting more and more excited tho and just hoping the next few weeks goes by fast! Happy healthy 9 months ladies!

Hey I'm due April 13th found out last Wednesday. I had been ttc for 7 months had 2 miscarriages so I'm still scared to get to excited. So far I'm feeling soo tired and nausea is starting to kick in

I agree! April seems a bit quiet!.... How's everyone been feeling? I am having my typical pregnancy symptoms - hot flashes & exhaustion. I'm ready for bed about 730 every night! lol.

really hot and craving corn dogs and chili over here! 😄

Hey guys!

Yup twins here :O Saw them again today lol and got a pic! It's going to be mental.

Hollie I so much want a boy too:cloud9:

My 15 DPO was 751 and 17DPO just below 2000:haha:

Big congrats to everyone xx

The corn dogs and chlli alone or together?!

I hope this one has the pic!

Attachments

• IMAG2958_1.jpg
    IMAG2958_1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 10
Can I join please? Got my BFP today with EDD 20th April so still early days! Congrats on your bfps (& the twins!!)

mummy3 - congrats on the twins!!... Do you already have 2 at home? You will have a busy household! So fun!! :)

Welcome MummyKP!

Thanks! Nope I have 6 :haha::wacko: It's going to be insane, none of either of our families has had twins and I have enough trouble with 1. I'm getting worried though, spotting again and cramping a lot.

Love having a lot of kids!

How is everyone doing today? :baby: Any scans coming up?

Hi everyone

I'm 6 weeks today, due 8th April. I have one nearly 5 year old and I had a partial molar pregnancy earlier in the year. I have a scan on Thursday when I'll be 6+4.

Mummy3, congrats on the twins, you've got me slightly worried though my levels at 17dpo was 2019!

Hi everyone

I'm 6 weeks today, due 8th April. I have one nearly 5 year old and I had a partial molar pregnancy earlier in the year. I have a scan on Thursday when I'll be 6+4.

Mummy3, congrats on the twins, you've got me slightly worried though my levels at 17dpo was 2019!

Ahh sorry! Do you have a prior to compare or one done after? One of my sacs is a little smaller than the other and I had a weird jump in levels, looks like it just implanted a few days later. That is a high level though! When do you have a scan?:hugs: What's involved in a partial molar pregnancy if you don't mind me asking?

Hi everyone

Ahh sorry! Do you have a prior to compare or one done after? One of my sacs is a little smaller than the other and I had a weird jump in levels, looks like it just implanted a few days later. That is a high level though! When do you have a scan?:hugs: What's involved in a partial molar pregnancy if you don't mind me asking?

I don't have any other levels to compare it to yet. I've only had my levels checked because I'm still undergoing follow up monitoring following the partial molar pregnancy. Because HCG was detected in my last sample I had to do another one yesterday, so I'll get my current levels Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning. I also get routinely scanned earlier in pregnancy. As long as there's a heartbeat seen on Thursday's scan that will rule out a complete molar, I'm not sure what happens after that, mt GP thinks early antenatal care with further weekly or fortnightly scans for the remainder of the first trimester. It's a bit awkward as there's quite a lot of passing the buck when it comes to a care plan. A molar pregnancy is pretty rare, my hospital see <5 cases a year and nationally I've estimates varying between 1 in 600 pregnancies, to 1 molar pregnancy registered for every 1000 live births registered, to 1 in 6000 pregnancies. It's classed as a chance event, but the risk of another does increase slightly to 1 or 2%. If you've had 2 or more then chance of another jumps to around 20%.

A partial molar pregnancy is where the egg was fertilized with 2 sperm, so although a foetus begins to form it is genetically abnormal, so it cannot survive beyond 1st trimester. The placenta also develops as abnormal cells and is quite often larger than what would be expected for the gestation. In my case the HB stopped between 9 and 10 weeks, so at first it was treated as a MMC. It was suspected as a partial molar after surgical removal, it took a while for this to be confirmed so I wasn't referred for follow up monitoring until 11 weeks after surgery.

In the UK every molar pregnancy is registered with 1 of 3 centres depending on where you live. These centres then provide follow up monitoring to make sure HCG drops back to 0. As I understand it the abnormal cells produce their own HCG on top of what the body produces which typically means that molar pregnancies cause very high HCG levels. If it doesn't return to 0 after removal then can be a sign of cells having been left behind which can then multiply again. If this happens further surgery or treatment with chemotherapy may be needed. Further treatment is far less likely after a partial molar than it is if you have a complete molar. A complete molar is where the egg is fertilized correctly but the genetic material from the mother is lost. Then a mass of rapidly growing cells develop, but they don't contain a foetus and can not develop into a baby.

Sorry I've rambled, hope this all makes sense.

loves_cookies: I've heard of people having molar pregnancies but never really knew much about them. Fingers crossed for a great scan on Thursday!... It would be so fun for there to be a couple sets of twins on here ;) --- as long as it's not me! haha. I don't know if I could handle twins this time around, but whatever is there is a blessing!

My first scan won't be until 8 weeks, so a little under 2 weeks to go. So far feeling really good. A little tired, but as long as I'm in bed early, then I'm great!

Hi everyone

I don't have any other levels to compare it to yet. I've only had my levels checked because I'm still undergoing follow up monitoring following the partial molar pregnancy. Because HCG was detected in my last sample I had to do another one yesterday, so I'll get my current levels Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning. I also get routinely scanned earlier in pregnancy. As long as there's a heartbeat seen on Thursday's scan that will rule out a complete molar, I'm not sure what happens after that, mt GP thinks early antenatal care with further weekly or fortnightly scans for the remainder of the first trimester. It's a bit awkward as there's quite a lot of passing the buck when it comes to a care plan. A molar pregnancy is pretty rare, my hospital see <5 cases a year and nationally I've estimates varying between 1 in 600 pregnancies, to 1 molar pregnancy registered for every 1000 live births registered, to 1 in 6000 pregnancies. It's classed as a chance event, but the risk of another does increase slightly to 1 or 2%. If you've had 2 or more then chance of another jumps to around 20%.

A partial molar pregnancy is where the egg was fertilized with 2 sperm, so although a foetus begins to form it is genetically abnormal, so it cannot survive beyond 1st trimester. The placenta also develops as abnormal cells and is quite often larger than what would be expected for the gestation. In my case the HB stopped between 9 and 10 weeks, so at first it was treated as a MMC. It was suspected as a partial molar after surgical removal, it took a while for this to be confirmed so I wasn't referred for follow up monitoring until 11 weeks after surgery.

In the UK every molar pregnancy is registered with 1 of 3 centres depending on where you live. These centres then provide follow up monitoring to make sure HCG drops back to 0. As I understand it the abnormal cells produce their own HCG on top of what the body produces which typically means that molar pregnancies cause very high HCG levels. If it doesn't return to 0 after removal then can be a sign of cells having been left behind which can then multiply again. If this happens further surgery or treatment with chemotherapy may be needed. Further treatment is far less likely after a partial molar than it is if you have a complete molar. A complete molar is where the egg is fertilized correctly but the genetic material from the mother is lost. Then a mass of rapidly growing cells develop, but they don't contain a foetus and can not develop into a baby.

Sorry I've rambled, hope this all makes sense.

That makes a lot of sense! I hope they do monitor very closely for the risk and for piece of mind:flower:

Please update when you get your results x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->