April Babies 2018

I am here :) Waiting on the results of my second beta. Had blood drawn this morning, should get the results tomorrow!

@kikki
Thank you! ^.^ Yes, the clinic routinely do an ultrasound at 6 weeks to confirm baby+heartbeat here as well, my appointment is for August 31st ^^ SO excited!!!!

I got the results from my blood draw the same day and it's official: I am pregnant!! ^.^ 5 weeks on Wednesday. I'm so excited!

Planning on telling my family and sisters (we're much closer with my side than with his) on Friday when they're coming over. It's my mum's birthday and I've wrapped up all her presents already, with the little addition of a "First Time Grandma" book. Can't wait to everyone's face when she unwraps it! Has anyone else told their families yet and how did it go? :)

All my family knows and it went way better than I expected lol and i think my mum is excited :D I was so nervous about it so once everyone knew I felt so much better i could relax and be excited about it.

Aww why were you nervous? Ours will be the very first grandchild for both our parents and also the first great-grandchild on my entire side, so I know people will be so excited! I'm not planning on telling extended family until the 12 week mark though, they can be fairly intense with opinions&advice so I'd rather wait until then :) Can *not* wait to tell my mum though, she's the one who's been supporting me through this entire TTC journey (other than hubby of course, who came to every single appointment with me, using up all his work off days, bless him).

I just spotted you're also from the UK, where abouts? We lived in Oxfordshire before but family is from Wiltshire (where hubby grew up) and London :)

I was nervous as it was actually an unplanned shock i hadn't long split from my ex for alot of reasons lol I had started datin another guy but had only known him about 2-3week when I found out :D

Wow that's super exciting i bet they will be excited. It will be my mum's 10th grandchild:o (3rd child for me)

I'm currently in Blackpool :D

Oh wow that sounds like a rollercoaster of emotions! How did the dad react, if you don't mind me asking? (and of course it's totally fine if you don't want to talk about it :) )
3rd child makes you quite the expert - I'm sure I will have tons of questions as a first time mummy ^^"

At first he was shocked ( as was i cause at first I had stupidly ended the relationship) but when I found out I chatted to him and asked him to change cause he kept swearing around the kids and had practically moved in if he wasn't workin he was here so I said it had to slow down with everything I have goin on with the ex cause he wants contact with his son which is complicated cause of stuff he did that got him 2yr inside lol me bein a fool believes ds still deserves his real dad but we shall see what happens. Anyway he's excited and scared now cause it's his 1st :D
I'd love to answer ur questions nothin better than having friends to share the journey with :D

Ok, I am back ladies! First beta was 115 on 8/17; second beta was 500 on 8/21! Progesterone 17.9. First ultrasound will be at 7+1!!! Can't wait!!!

Awesome cant wait to see pics :p my scan seems forever away won't be til 12week lol

I am also here. Life has been soooo crazy that this is the first time I've been on in the last few days.

@rickyandlucy - great betas! And yay for an ultrasound soon!

I had to move up my appt d/t going out of town Fri-Mon. My hubby and I are taking some much needed time away! Looking forward to it! Baby is staying with grandparents for the weekend. My appt is now Thurs. I am getting a little anxious - but thinking positive good thoughts!

I am also here. Life has been soooo crazy that this is the first time I've been on in the last few days.

@rickyandlucy - great betas! And yay for an ultrasound soon!

I had to move up my appt d/t going out of town Fri-Mon. My hubby and I are taking some much needed time away! Looking forward to it! Baby is staying with grandparents for the weekend. My appt is now Thurs. I am getting a little anxious - but thinking positive good thoughts!

Fx for Thursday hope everythin goes well :D

Had my appt last Thursday. Baby was measuring at only 5 1/2 -6 weeks. There was a heartbeat, fetal pole, sac. Everything was just measuring small so they could not give a date. I am not positive of my ovulation date, but I know that I got a positive pregnancy test with a digital on August 2nd. So I can't be as early as 5 1/2 weeks, but I could be between 6 - 6 1/2 weeks. I don't know - stressful!... Had my HCG drawn just because and it was in the 9000s. So that is good. I go back for an "official" dating scan next week.

My MD did not seem worried. I am a little anxious, just because this is so different then my first pregnancy... so we shall see!

Hope everyone else is feeling good!

Congrats kiki! If your doc isn't worried then I am sure everything is fine!

Just got my lab results from yesterday's draw and everything is still looking fab:
14 DPO: 115
18 DPO: 500
25 DPO: 6,225

Our first scan is next week at 7+1. Still haven't told my folks. I think it just doesn't feel real yet. Trying to hold out until after the scan; I think hearing the heartbeat will change everything! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->