April Diamonds!! [2016 Rainbows]

Very exciting and a relief!!! Now I need to reign in my appetite! Anyone else having a huge appetite surge??!

Hey ladies sorry I've been inactive lately. The hubby and I are on vacation from work and I don't get on much when I'm not at work. Our holidays went great though and I hope everyone else's did as well! I cannot believe it is almost 2016!

Scary thing happened yesterday though, we were driving home from yesterday (we were about 3 hours away from home) and my husband feel asleep. Well shortly into me driving I started getting a crampy feeling every 15-20 minutes. Then I started having contractions about 10 minutes apart that were very mild but somewhat regular. We were still 2 hours from home so I thought I'd tough it out for a while and see if they went away on their own. After 1.5 hours of them they finally started going away just about at the same time we got home.

Yay LaLa!

Z that's scary! Glad they stopped!!

Crazy to think its a new year- our babies birth year!! Woohoo!!

Is anyone else SO tired?! I have a toddler too and I'm soooo sleepy after the busy holidays. I definitely won't be staying up to celebrate the new year tonight... :haha:

That sounds scary Z! Glad they stopped though

Sunup, I was thinking that too earlier! Can't believe tomorrow will be the year our babies will be born!

My son just turned 4 today, his older so doesn't bother me at all really, I just feel this pregnancy is going super fast

How was everyone's first days in the new year? Any scans coming up or has anyone started on the nursery?

I think now that the holidays are over we can start planning the nursery! We have the furniture still from DS but just painting her room and figuring it out.

I don't have another scan until February. Crazy to think April is only 3 months away!!!

Getting close!! Is her nursery going to pink, purple or white or are you doing a more neutral color?

I will be bedsharing again with this baby like I did with Chance but I will have one of those rock and play sleepers next to the bed as well just in case. We have the changing table set up in our closet (big walk in) so that's sort of transforming into a tiny baby area.

No nursery for this baby. I'm kind of sad about that, but I think its the best choice.
We decided we are not going to move our son to the basement. He's already a terrible sleeper and I don't want to have to go down there to help him in the night.
So, baby will sleep in our room, most likely in a rock n play.

I did start washing all of her clothes; the NB and 0-3 month size. I am using the excuse that I need to figure out what is missing so I can make sure to pick up those items before baby arrives. I know I had a lot more clothes with my son. Right now I have 10 NB sleepers and 4 0-3 month ones. I'm guessing I'll need more than that.

we live in a 2 bedroom apartment, and so won't have a nursery for this baby. we didn't have one for our son, either, and i thought i would be sad about it, but the baby doesn't even use the nursery for months! we co-slept for a long time (still co-sleep a ton, actually) so having a nursery didn't make sense for us.

i haven't purchased one single item for this baby. just been busy with my toddler and the christmas season. once taxes come back, we'll buy a few baby items and then a few clothes, nothing much. we have so much from my son, who was born in april also.

it's starting to get surreal to imagine another new baby - having 2 kids. crazy!

We have been looking around at nursery ideas... but she won't stay in there for a few months. We have a rock n play (best thing ever!) for our room and a co-sleeper ... We ended up co-sleeping with DS bc of breastfeeding but I'm really hoping not to co-sleep again because it was so hard getting DS into his own bed.

I really need to go through DS's old stuff and downsize. And organize the stuff we can use for this baby. We haven't bought her a thing but we got a few cute outfits for her from others for Christmas.

I have so many clothes from my son and I keep buying more cute stuff so this baby can have 'his own' clothes. We purchased a coming home outfit, I got a bunch of matching shirts and a matching outfit for the boys, I just can't help myself hahaha. I think for now I am done though and I want to just knock out some of the bigger purchases I need to make.

We received a used car seat from hubby's Aunt who's son is 1.5, we have the rock and play sleeper, I got a used changing table from Craigslist and bought a new changing pad and some covers for it. Now we really just need some new bottles, I need to contact my insurance about getting a new breast pump and I need to buy the car seat adapter for our stroller.

Thanks! He is usually a lot lower than that, he was just super high up that day. I am also starting to think that more often than not, he is laying completely sideways.

Have any of you ladies started working on your birth plans or hospital bags? I finished up the checklist for my hospital bag today and I think I have what I want to bring for baby too, but that's still up in the air. I still have to think of a birth plan and talk to my OB about it.

I haven't worked on any of that Z!

I really hate my birth with my first. How it turned out being induced with the horrible drip and also having unwanted people in the delivery room! I just hope my labour is a lot quicker (16hrs last time) and goes smoothly.

I'm petrified of tearing or getting the episiotomy like last time! At least then I was on epidural but this time I want to try without if all goes well.

As for the hospital bag I was talking about this earlier with OH, I really need to get organised as baby barely has anything! All his got so far is the car seat, one blanket, a pack of three sleepsuits and a pack of body suits (I don't know what you guys call them but they're like the lil baby vest that you button up underneath sleepsuits)

There's loads more I need to buy!

i've been talking to my doctor about a possible vbac for this one - we will have to see how the pregnancy progresses. i'm not going to be devastated if it doesn't happen. my first c-section was planned and very beautiful, so i know if i have another, it will be the same. i do know that either way, i want immediate skin-to-skin and the baby is not to leave me unless absolutely medically necessary. if i have a successful vbac, i'll probably do delayed cord clamping. i breastfed my son about an hour after his birth, even though he was a csection, so i'll do that again with this guy.

as far as hospital bags go, i've been in the hospital so many times for my crohn's that packing a hospital bag is like 2nd nature, lol! i'll probably leave that until 36-37 weeks, and then i'll just add in the going home outfit and the nursing pillow. :)

Oh my god!!! I have been holding my breath so long I haven't even gone there! Any good links to checklists for bag?

Anyone doing a registry for 2nd baby? If so where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->