April Diamonds!! [2016 Rainbows]

Yes!! Definitely made one registry at target so far, because you get a 15% off your entire "finish registry" purchase. So I basically loaded it up with breastfeeding and diapering supplies. Then once I get my coupon I'll wait for sales to load up... Plus you get a bag at target with goodies and lots of coupons. I'll probably make a small Amazon registry, but I'm not expecting a lot of gifts. I know my friends are planning me a small "sprinkle" type shower, which should be fun.

My birth plan is pretty simple. Repeat csection with skin to skin and breastfeeding as soon as possible. :) we are scheduling my planned section date next on appointment!! Yikes!! Can't believe it!! It's crazy how this pregnancy is flying by. I'm trying to enjoy it because there's a good chance this is our last. We only have 1 embryo left. I'm not going to do another full IVF (too expensive). It's taken us 4 tries for each successful pregnancy so we are more than likely going to be a very blessed, thankful, family of 4. :D

Wow im definately feeling unprepared...not even close to having a hospital bag ready and havent given any thought to gift registry :S im still so shocked im nearly 27 weeks!

I don't have a registry or a hospital bag either. And I wont write an official birth plan. My plan right now is to see if I go in to labor naturally and if I do, then I will try for a VBAC. If I don't, then I will have a csec scheduled 1 week after due date. So baby will be here by April 29 at the latest.

I think I will do the Target registry so I can get the 15% off coupon. We are not expecting a baby shower since this is our second baby. So we have a lot of stuff we need to get, but we have been given a lot, too. My friends have given me a swing, bouncer, and co-sleeper. And have promised play mats when their babies are done using them. We got a rock-n-play since they were on sale for $29. We will need to buy another baby monitor, and we need more clothes for the baby, since this one is a girl.

How many sleepers, etc (basic baby clothes for them to play and sleep in) are you all planning for the nb, 0-3 month time frame? I don't have many, but I also don't want to have to do laundry every single day.

I tend to have small babies, never over 7. So I get more N/B then most. But I only have a couple N/B clothes. Mostly the N/B size if sleepers. I dont leave the house often the first month, so I like to keep baby comfy. I would get a few onsies though for extra warmth. It also helps the belly button from getting snagged and pulling.

I won't be buying any newborn sizes. My son was 8lb11oz at 39+1. I'm sure his brother will be similar, lol! I was 8lb15oz when I was born, so I think it's just a genetic family trait!! :)

I have a bunch of onsies from my son, that I am going to use because I don't care if they are more "boy" when they will mostly be under other clothes.
I have 10 nb sized sleepers and 3-4 0-3 month sleepers. That is what I plan on dressing baby in for several weeks in the beginning. Probably need a few more for 0-3, but do you think 10 is enough for NB size? My son was 6 lb 15 oz.

I think 10 is more then enough :) If worse comes to worse you can always go get more. But thats why we have washing machines. If you over do it youll have unused clothes

Hey Ladies, This week has been crazy! On Monday, not only did I turn 28 weeks, but my hubby totaled our car! I've been dealing with the insurance company all week, we had to go get our son a new car seat last night and we have been looking around at new cars. Thankfully hubby is perfectly fine, not a bruise or bump on him!

I also have a very firm belief that everything in the universe happens for a reason, and no matter how sick it sounds, I feel like this was the universe's way of helping us be able to get a bigger car for the baby and my husband's work lol.

I also found out some pretty scary news that my husband has to go for a week of training on a new copier their company has and it is 3 hours away in Pittsburgh. This usually doesn't bother me because he's done this a million and one times since he started with this company, but usually it's only 1.5 hours away in Philadelphia. He leaves the 13th of March to check into his hotel, his classes are from the 14th to the 18th and that is the day he will come home. The 14th of March my son turns exactly 2.5 years old and I turn 37 weeks. I don't know how I'm supposed to cope with being with a 2.5 year old by myself so far along in my pregnancy for an entire week.

In other news, I had my appointment today and 1 hour glucose test, I am hoping I passed. I will now start appointments every 2 weeks which seems crazy because I feel like I got my BFP yesterday! He is head down as of right now and seems to be starting to measure more on track now as opposed to being 2-3 weeks ahead.

Sorry this is an entire essay, but I just feel like there is so much to say!

How is everyone doing? Sorry I've been a bit absent, cold weather always has me sick as a dog this time of year!

Sorry to hear you've been sick Navy! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Things are going well here. Made a list of everything I "need" for this baby and its a little overwhelming. Wishing I would have started earlier. But I'm sure it will all get done.

You've still got time! I'm sure you'll get it all set up with time to spare! :)

Being sick sucks! I'm sorry Navy :(

And Kozmik, I am right there with you. I have a whole journal dedicated to baby related things. What we need to buy/order, Crafts I need to finish, a list of stuff I need to do with our cloth diaper stash, things to pack up for the hospital along with just general things around the house, things that need to be organized and things that need to be cleaned lol.

I have also been creating bill payment schedules like a mad woman and have our finances figured out until the beginning of May so far and have created a savings schedule that somehow puts enough money in our savings account from now until the baby gets here to cover daycare costs for my son while I am not working.

I passed my glucose tolerance test!!!! Woo hoo! My daughter had walking pneumonia last week with ear infection and I had a sinus infection. I'm on amoxicillin and sudafed. I'm nervous about the sudafed. Any thoughts? Experiences?

Awesome news on passing the test, Lala. Mines tomorrow.

zmz - OMG how did I not think of where the money was going to come from when I'm on unpaid leave, to keep sending my son to daycare?! OK Well...I guess we have to pay off a car AND find money to start saving for that.

I passed my glucose tolerance test!!!! Woo hoo! My daughter had walking pneumonia last week with ear infection and I had a sinus infection. I'm on amoxicillin and sudafed. I'm nervous about the sudafed. Any thoughts? Experiences?

WOOO! I did this time around too! I failed when I was pregnant with my first because my levels were too low and I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia. This time around I was in normal ranges!

But that really sucks about you and your little being sick too :( I found that sinus rinses kind of like a netipot work wonders for sinus infections. I had one a few weeks ago and I would do 2 rinses a day and it cleared it up. This is what my pregnancy app says about sudafed...

The FDA has established five categories for the pregnancy-safety of a medication, ranging from most-safe to least-safe: A, B, C, D, and X. This medication is Category C, because "Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there were no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks." You should consult your doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy, particularly those that are Category C or below.

Awesome news on passing the test, Lala. Mines tomorrow.

zmz - OMG how did I not think of where the money was going to come from when I'm on unpaid leave, to keep sending my son to daycare?! OK Well...I guess we have to pay off a car AND find money to start saving for that.

See, I'm very anal about our expenses and watch them like a hawk. I pay all of our bills where as my husband is clueless to all of that. I hit a nesting period a week or two ago and it was all I could think about at first. I have been thinking planning on making the minimum monthly payments on everything that we can and paying ahead as much as possible.

Another option is possibly look into temporarily doing part time daycare where you might send your kid to daycare 3 days out of the 5 if you can handle that. Or see if your daycare provider can cut you a deal cost wise if they are a private daycare center/home.

Unfortunately my daycare provider will not do either of those - because it is a "business, and she shouldn't have to sacrifice her income" which I understand but she is the least bit flexible.
I know it can be done - we will just have to write it into our Feb budget to start saving more money. Right now we are putting all of our extra money on the car to try and pay it off before baby comes. Might have to slow down on those payments and start saving some of it. Luckily I will have 6-7 weeks paid and only 3-4 unpaid, so its not terrible, but still have to come up with it somewhere.

that's how it is for me too, 6 weeks will be "short term disability" where I will be getting 60% of my weekly income, 2 weeks will be my personal paid vacation time and then 4 weeks of unpaid if I decide to take the full 12 weeks off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->