April is HERE!!! Any other April WTTers???

Wow, allstars! That is exciting news. I'm sure you'll find a donor quickly enough. Will you be using an anonymous one? :hugs:

I'm not sure tbh...still considering pros and cons -- what about you?

We're using a friend, and he wants to be involved in the child's life which I think is wonderful. Equally though if he'd said he didn't want to be involved I would have been fine with that too! I like the idea of our child knowing who their daddy is, and having a father figure around :thumbup:

We're using a friend, and he wants to be involved in the child's life which I think is wonderful. Equally though if he'd said he didn't want to be involved I would have been fine with that too! I like the idea of our child knowing who their daddy is, and having a father figure around :thumbup:

Yeah I like that idea too -- my friend has offered, but I'm not sure my gf is keen...personally I think he'd be great, he had a step son previously and doted on him (nasty ex has refused to let him see him now) he was always taking him out in the Peaks walking and on day trips :) Plus we share a lot of the same ideals.

BUT my gf is adamant I dont go and do anything 'on my own' and wants to be involved in all the planning and looking, so I suppose using my friend might feel to her like she''s not involved?? Still -- donors aren't 10 a penny, especially such genuine guys as P is.

Afternoon ladies,

Am ducking out of the TTC in April gang as my GF has pulled the plug on that idea. (feel free to read my journal if you want to know the ins and outs, lol!)

Apparently it now won't be any earlier than August/September :growlmad:

Good luck everyone -- I'll still be lurking and hope to see lots of :bfp: in April/May :happydance:

buttercup 3 - I know!! Feb already! :happydance:

allstars - Dang that sucks! I will have to peruse your journal to get more info! Did you remind her that April is such a nice month to TTC? LOL!
Feel free to visit anytime though! :hugs:

xx

I can't believe April is coming up so soon!!!! I'm soo looking forward to it~!!!!
Almost time to have a talk w/ Mr Storky!
:blue::pink::yellow:

I have been thinking of TTC quite a bit lately, then ofcourse getting ahead of myself and wondering if I would want to know if it was a boy or girl! I was on team yellow last time so it was a big surprise, but this time I don't know if I want to wait. I know I should as last time it was sooo great, but on the other hand it would be nice to know ahead of time....

But getting ahead of myself - first I need to TTC, then get a BFP but already I am planning the wardrobe LOL!!! :haha:

xx

Hi girls!

I am Poppy! We are hoping to start TTC around April this year - yipee! I have a 15 month old boy called Tristan and am excited about making a little brother or sister for him.

I have started taking Pregnacare vitamins again and have started going to the gym to get fit. Just need to starting cutting out caffeine again. Decaf Earl Gray is much nicer than decaf normal tea (which is a bit like dishwater!) ...I found decaf coffee ok though. For the last couple of months, I have drank a lot of black coffee...so, here's hoping I can cut it out quickly!

Here's to us all getting speedy BFPs when April comes along!

xxx

Hi girls!

I am Poppy! We are hoping to start TTC around April this year - yipee! I have a 15 month old boy called Tristan and am excited about making a little brother or sister for him.

I have started taking Pregnacare vitamins again and have started going to the gym to get fit. Just need to starting cutting out caffeine again. Decaf Earl Gray is much nicer than decaf normal tea (which is a bit like dishwater!) ...I found decaf coffee ok though. For the last couple of months, I have drank a lot of black coffee...so, here's hoping I can cut it out quickly!

Here's to us all getting speedy BFPs when April comes along!

xxx

Hey Poppy!!! :wave:

I want to start prenatal vitamins as soon as I can get a prescription, but until then I am taking a multivitamin and folic acid. I didn't cut out caffeine completely for my first. I don't drink coffee or fizzy drinks, so the only caffeine I had was from tea. (Which I do drink quite a bit of :blush:) But I drink green tea that is very lightly steeped, so I still drank it. Not too much though!

How were you with hot drinks when you were pregnant with your first?
I couldn't drink tea or hot drinks at all during the 1st tri, but was back on the tea by halfway through 2nd.

Good to see another April WTTer! :D

xx

I went to the library today to get some books, and borrowed 'Jool's Oliver - Minus Nine to One'... and I've finished it!

I don't want to wait anymore I want to have a baby NOW!!! :blush:

Frustrations!:dohh:

I highly recommend the book though!:haha:

xx

I went to the library today to get some books, and borrowed 'Jool's Oliver - Minus Nine to One'... and I've finished it!

I don't want to wait anymore I want to have a baby NOW!!! :blush:

Frustrations!:dohh:

I highly recommend the book though!:haha:

xx

What a good idea, going to the library! I think I might just do that. Oooh then I can come home, put my feet up with a cuppa and read baby books. Perfect! :cloud9:

Oooh... I'm moving to March TTC ladies - It's like 1 month just disappeared! I'm sure I'll see some of you in April though!

Had a talk with OH last night and I just presumed April but we decided March is a good enough a time as any!

Oooh... I'm moving to March TTC ladies - It's like 1 month just disappeared! I'm sure I'll see some of you in April though!

Had a talk with OH last night and I just presumed April but we decided March is a good enough a time as any!

Good luck!

Oh yes I am counting down the days until TTC! April as well for us, already off the pill but now just waiting..... and waiting lol

Oh buttercup3!!! How exciting!! :happydance: Good Luck - hope it works out right away!! (but if not, we will be joining you the next month!)

mellllly - Don't worry - April will be here in no time :D Only 1.5 months till April!!! (We aren't TTC until the end of April but its still soon!!) Hopefully I will have my period by then - eek! Are you ntnp until April?

xx

:( OH said a couple of days ago that he's not sure about TTC in April. He says he's not saying no, but he can't say yes yet as he needs to wait until he's got his head around being a husband before he can get his head around being a father. But he's told me more than once we're not using any contraception on the wedding night, and whenever we're ... <cough> you know... recently, he suggests no condom even if it's a fertile day. I think he does want to TTC, but he doesn't want to commit himself to it yet. So, I'm going to keep hoping for April, and I think we'll probably be NTNP from early April, bt perhaps not trying properly till I'm not sure when. :(

I think at the mo we are NTNP, came off the pill at the start of January and havnt used protectin since, I am sure it will fly by, its also going to be Sophies 1st birthday in April as well, only 2 months!!!

Kess - it sounds like he doesn't want to jump right on the TTC wagon, but wouldn't mind if you git a little surprise bfp?? I have to say I didn't get my head around being a mother until after our LO was born - when its your first you have no idea what to expect! OH was the same!

Oh good luck mellly!!!! :D

xx

So we haven't told anyone we are going to be TTC in a few months because they will be on about it being too soon after LO and then proceed to tell us about the "ideal" amount of time between siblings. Does anyone else have people saying to wait until *insert thing here* before TTC? We waited a long time for our first, partially because we were waiting for the perfect time, and partially because it took a while to TTC! In the end we both think we should have gone for it as our life hadn't changed all that much from when we were first talking about it.

What we learned is that there is NO perfect time. There is the bad time to TTC for sure, but things will just never be "perfect". We had good jobs and a good place to live (but no house at the time) and a good relationship so things were definitely baby-friendly! So OH and I are going to go for it when LO is just 5 months, but we are keeping it a secret. It will probably take quite a while anyways, so our LOs won't be as close as it seems, but then we won't have to deal with the comments!! :haha:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->