• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April IUI thread!

Thanks! I'll know in the AM. We did bd yesterday so:)

Yay!! Yes we shoul be IUI buddies! That awesome that it's going fast lol. I am on cd 8 and already have watery cm. what ovulation tests do you use?

They have me doing the trigger instead of ovulation tests. So I triggered CD pm and had IUI #2 36 hours later CD12 am. Weirdly enough I did not feel any ovulation pain this month so I have no clue if I actually ovulated. But I am very optimistic. Hubby and I have anniversary vacation the week of 5/19. I usually come on about 15DPO so I should be on before we return .... Unless....... :)

I'm sorry Nik, but it sounds like you may have already Oed yesterday. Its still early though...and you got a lot of positives last month right?

I hope I'm wrong...keep us posted and good luck with the scan.

How often are you testing? Mine always stays positive for at least 2 days. What I used to do when I did the opks - I did the answer strips with the two lines everyday starting on like day 8. Once I got what looked like a positive, I would do a digital. If nothing, I would do another digital 24 hours later.

Well it was a false positive:( but I have one follie on the left at 14 and three in my right at 16, 14 & 12.5. Not sure if that's good or not lol. She said in 2-3 days I should O.

Alright girls I just got my smiley on cd 13. So we go in for IUI#2 tomorrow!! :) where is everyone else in their cycle?

I'm not real sure actually. Today is CD15 and I haven't had a positive OPK. I'm having some belly pain so I called yesterday she said to give it one more day and it was negative this morning. :-/ So the plan is tomorrow I test and if it's negative again I go in for bloodwork and an ultrasound --- even though this wasn't supposed to be a monitored cycle. If its positive the IUI is the next day. Hopefully we didn't miss it :-/ we've been BDing but missed yesterday.

Do you only test once a day? Bc I tested this a.m and it was - and then at lunch it was +.

The clinic says just once with FMU. I need to get some cheapies for next cycle so I can do twice. I tested twice yesterday and both were - I only have 2 left of the clear blue easy.

Even though my IUI was cancelled I did get my bfp yesterday ladies. GL

Congrats Chiles! Keep us posted on how things go.

Nik fingers crossed for you! I know you're in the dreaded tww...how's it going?

Fisher I hope you didn't miss the surge. My pain would usually start before O and get worse after. Do the opks usually pick up your surge?

AFM I'm somewhere im the tww. Still relaxing and enjoying the fact I don't have to use my precious sleep time to temp...lol. Which is good cause for about the past week and a half I've been exceptionally tired. I've been sleeping on the bus on the way to and from work and all I want to do is sleep which kind of sucks cause I haven't worked out in a few days...ok in a week. But I'm keeping it moving. And I have symptoms that could mean something and that could mean nothing, but not constantly watching out for them is nice. I just tend to notice the ones that keep happening.

How is everyone else?

Woowhoo Chiles!!! Yay congrats! We're on our way right now for our IUI ( have to drive 3 hours to yje clinic:/)I'm on cd14 and I still had a Smiley on my opk this A.M. But I'm thinking I'm O'ing today Bc my temp was up there and it was taken 3 hrs before normal. So fingers crossed!! Nodoubt those symptoms sound good!! Good luck:)

Fisher sometimes I have a short LH surge and only have a positive opk for half a day. I test once a day with clearlue digital and then starting on cd12 I test twice a day and cd 14 and after(until I get a +) I actually will test in the A.m. , At noon, and around 8 p.m. Just so I know I got it covered lol. But my body is known to give me false positives :( Good luck to you!!:) I will sometimes use cheapies also just to counter check. I buy them from earlypregnancytests.com sending lots of babysits your way!

So I'm back from the ultrasound and bloodwork waiting for them to call with my results. I'm really thinking O was all the cramping and belly pain I had Monday. They didnt point out any follicles during the ultrasound like usual. So I went grocery shopping on the way home and my cousin who's wedding I was in in April called to tell me she's 9 weeks pregnant. I managed to say congratulations but while I was loading the groceries in the car tears started falling uncontrolably.

So they just called and said my bloodwork makes it look like I'm Oing today so tomorrow would be perfect for the IUI. She said I have 3 follicles 2 on the left at 21 & 23 and one on the R at 18. --- I feel a little skeptical as I'm still getting negatives on the OPK (I tested again after we got off the phone) plus I had all that cramping Monday and my temp has been up since Sunday :shrug: I told them we'd do it but I'm a little worried they're lying or something -- can you tell the difference between a pre and post ovulation follicle on ultrasound? Anyone?

If you have already O'd then it would have shown a little cyst like rupture. I seen it on my scan back in Dec. they will know for sure if you have already. Your follicles seem to be great sizes! I bet you will get a positive surge this evening. Also some women don't produce enough hormones to get a definite positive opk. I would bd just incase:) I know exactly what you mean about pregnant women! My ex's wife just told me that they just starte trying and my other friend just found out Shes prego ugh... I think this will be our month!!

Also, question for all of you. Hubby And I just had our IUI about 4 hrs ago, and we got home and BD again. It just kinda happened lol. I hope it's ok I didn't even think about til now. Is it okay to bd right after IUI??

Def okay after. DH and I cant BD until after the IUI now. We BDd sat, sun and Tuesday. The instructions we have from them say BDing is fine until u have the pos OPK the. Not til IUI. Then they've always told me during the IUI to "back it up" with BDing tonight.
We've never managed :shy: but good for u!

Oh I also meant to say that I got pos OPKs both in our work up cycle and also with our first IUI. I didnt last month or this month. So I don't know why that would be. I'm going to get some cheapie ones so I can physically see how dark it is rather than waiting for a smiley next month I think.

Thanks! Maybe this will be your bfp and you not even know when:)

17mil post wash:thumbup: I was worried collecting at home would kill them all, but this was the best yet! Hopefully one of those three follicles will hatch a lucky egg. As a side note the IUI this time was torturous and painful. The nurse used three different speculums trying to find the cervix and had to insert the catheter twice to get the little buggers in there. I actually jumped at one point cause there was a serious pinch!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->