• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April/May IVF buddies?!?

yes thats the upside...i get to see my baby more! I only got to see my son 4 times...NOT ENOUGH! lol

Hows everyone doing? Ive started my next cycle now - just done my second lot of meds :happydance: Hope u are all well? xx

hey Plex!!!
I am still on birth control just waiting for my meds to come in before my RE wants me to stop the BC.

On a 50/50 note....my SIL has her C-Section in 12 days....July 11. I am happy to meet my nephew, but my jealousy and envy is overpowering that. I still dont feel she deserves it...she is so mean to my other nephew. and shes already talking about wanting baby #3...I swear if she gets pregnant with Baby #3 right away, it will totally be a punch in the face....I BETTER be pregnant or already have my baby before she gets baby #3 to be mean to.

Well i hope she just stays with 2 kids for now and that you get pregnant before her!! She sounds damn annoying tbh - I have someone i know that just pops out babies after being with the father for like a month! Pees me right off :grr:

Any news on when ur meds will arrive?

Ive started my next cycle, first stim shot was 28th - have my next scan on thur 3rd July. Just hoping it bloomin works this time!! xx

Unfortunately my insuranc wont cover a fertility pharmacy...i have CVS Caremark insurane and they will ONLY cover my meds to be filled at CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy...I used to work for a regular CVS pharmacy and let me tell you, CVS is a bunch of dunderheads. I hate them with a fiery passion and so does my RE. When I told him I had Caremark Prescription coverage, he like, banged his head down on the table...he hates dealing with them because they are idiots.

I was told "MAYBE" Wednesday. Jerkoffs. I just wish I could say...well then "MAYBE" I'll pay for them...

just give me my meds already so i can start them.

What type of IVF cycle are you doing? I am doing the OCP/antagonist protocol. I will be using Apri (BCP, on it now), Follistim, low dose HCG, Ganirelix, either Ovidrel or Lupron for trigger, crinone, and estrace.

Hopefully our cycles are close together so we can vent about the injections together!! and the nasty side effects that come with it!!! OOOOh the things we do for our future babies!!

:haha: at ur doctor banging his head on the table! will you be starting when you get ur meds then? Im on the short protocol - GnRH Antagonist regime. Im on...

baby aspirin, 300iu menopur, cetrotide from day 5 of stimms, ovitrelle for trigger then after trigger - lubion injection (progesterone), utrogestan tablets (progesterone), clexane20-40mg injections and maybe prednisolone but not sure of that one yet.

Ive done my 3rd stimm shot now - will hopefully have collection sometime around next wed. I hope you get ur meds asap as it sounds as if we will be close timing wise on this cycle :happydance:

Ive got a killer headache at the moment - the kind that brings you out in cold sweats :( just about to pop a couple o painkillers xx

so the pharmacy called me today, i missed the call but i called back right away. and she didnt answer and hasnt called me back...ad shes only there until 7:30pm (its 7:00pm now) And with July 4th coming (Independence Day here) its a long weekend so i only have a couple days!!!!! UGH...I think THIS is one of the most frustrating parts!!!! And my doc said that yes I will stop my BCP as soon as the meds arrive, then i will start stimming on Day 3 of cycle I believe. I usually get AF 3 days after I stop BCP, so hopefully she will call me back tonight, and I will receive the meds tomorrow, and can stop the BCP tomorrow, and get AF on ....fuckers....Independence Day..lovely lol. Oh well, it is what it is.

7 has always been my lucky number. My birthday is in July. My husband and I had our first kiss on July 7 (7/7), we got engaged on 7/7/07, and my son was born in July. So I am hoping that July is our month!!!!!

Did they call u back in the end?

Sounds like July is ur month! Hopefully it'll b the month for us both! I'm excited to have a cycle buddy xx

no they called this morning and they told me they are still waiting on the insurance. i hate my insurance. i just wanna get started already so i can get a lil happy again!!

:grr: ur insurance likes to take their time with things - were the pharmacy phoning to see where the script was then? Im impatient for you to start too! xx

they have the script but they are waiting for the insurance to approve it. this is partially the most stressful part. i know they will cover it, they already approved my ivf and the meds that ome with it, they just like to be extra difficult!

Well i hope they hurry themselves the hell up! Have they given you an estimated time of approval or any intimation of when you will get ur meds? xx

i got the call today that they have been approved and I will receive them on Tuesday because of the 4th of July weekend. My BC ends on Saturday tho, so i have to call my doc to see if they want me to take it an extra week or go ahead and stop it. History is ,I stop the BC on a Saturday, and I will start AF on Wednesday, but idk if they want to risk that...so ill find out in the morning what they want.

Have u stopped ur bcp or are u taking some more?

YAY :happydance: for starting tuesday :happydance: excited?? Im looking forward for u to compare notes hun :D xx

i will be taking BCP until Tuesday. They dont want me to stop until I have the medications in my hand, or else I may get AF and things might get screwed up and i would miss the cycle. Especailly with the 4th of July holiday weekend, things are bound to get screwed up with the mail lol.

So yes, if i get my meds on Tuesday, I dont have to take Tuesdays pill!! Which means I will get my period on Friday....the same day my SIL has her c-section...oh joy!

My MIL make an insensitive comment today...it was my nephews birthday party. They threw it a week early cuz my SIL will be in the hospital next weekend an she wanted to throw it before the baby came. So my MIL is handing out the goody bags to the parents....heres how it went...

"OK, so 2 for Katie, 2 for Kelly, 1 for Jenn---oh Jenn's the oddball--shes left out of the "2" gang..."
My SIL looks at her and was like "Nice mom, make her feel worse...she feels cruddy enough..."
My MIL was then like, shuffling trying to figure out what to say, and she then played this...
"Oh ummm, I mean that shes the only one whos name doesnt start with K...."

nicely played....but i knew what u really meant....oh well

hows ur stims going?

If you start friday then thats when my collection will be - we should have an online chat party :haha: to celebrate. im planning on watching a tonne of dvds/tv programmes and maybe even read some books (god its been so long since ive read a book!) Itd be nice to have a rant and moan about it all :) Its awesome that we're cycling together (almost!)

Your MIL talks before she thinks! I dunno but think all mil are the same. Ive heard my MIL come away with some right corkers!! I think its made even worse for you as she did it infront of other people so you cant really say much :hugs:

Are you excited now ur nearly at the start of your next cycle?

I had my stim scan on thur and have 14 follies growing!!!!

7 on each side

right - 10mm and 6 smaller ones
left - 12mm, 11.5mm, 11mm, 10mm and 3 smaller ones

not bad so far, im just petrified of having no eggs at collection or loosing some of those follicles in the cycle like we did the first ivf :( its all so frustrating and worrying!! xx

i am excited to get started!!! I am super nervous tho too because on my first cycle, I only got 5 eggs :-( But I ended up getting my :bfp: and it ended in chemical/miscarriage :cry:

I just wish I could catch a glimpse into my future to see if any of this is even worth it. Like if I culd just see if its gunna work or not...that way ill know. I think the "not knowing" is the worst!! Like I seriously could be doing all this for nothing!! Unfortunately, we have to find out the hard way.

I know exactly what you mean - my last cycle they got 3, lost one and 2 fertilized then put back 1 i had a chemical too, its hard not to think about a negative cycle and all the what ifs. I would be able to cope more if i knew too, say for instance if we were just told - you will get pregnant from ivf, that is certain. All we wouldnt know was when. I could live with that knowing that there will be a pregnancy and live birth at the end of all this.

Im praying that you get ur meds on tuesday!! I want you to start already!!! So if u start friday, when do you think ur collection/transfer will be? xx

if things go according to plan (which the never do but whatever lol) then it will be around July 28...which is my sons birthday.

I must say I am proud of myself....even after my MIL's very ummmm...unnecessary comment earlier, I still decided that I wasnt gunna let it ruin my 4th of July fireworks. So we all got together for the fireworks. My SIL sat next to me and everyone was feeling her belly cuz the baby was moving nonstop. Throughout the whole pregnancy, I have refused to touch her belly. Well, today, I put my big girl panties on. My SIL grabbed my hand and told me that I might feel better about the baby if I feel it move. I was very doubtful and thought it would make me feel worse. Well, she grabbed my hand and told me I would regret it if I never felt my nephew move....so she placed my hand on her belly. And boy oh boy did he kick the hell out of me lol. I did it, I felt her belly without getting upset and I was OK. I am still jealous as hell, but I think it was a BIG step. Considering I only have about 6 days until he gets here to get over it, I think I may just be OK. Only time will tell, but the fact that I was able to feel her belly and feel him kick, I think, was a step in the right direction...my hubby told me he was proud of me and surprised I did it. Maybe I transferred some of her fertility to me when I touched it...we'll see this month if my IVF works!!

:D Thats a massive step hun :hugs: Hopefully like u say youve sucked some of her fertility offa her through ur hand lol ur hubbies right to be proud of you!

Its good to have a potential date to work towards - and ur boys birthday too, hopefully its a good omen! My collection was going to be on my sons birthday too lol he's the 9th July - weird or what?

Are you working much while ur doing this ivf? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->