April mummies baby club :-)

Hey all, how are u?

Im having trouble getting brooke to poo :( not sure if shes in pain or not with it, im going to try the luke warm water 2nite see if that helps her before her feed. Cant believe shes over a week now, had her weighed at doctors and shes 6lb 4oz, she was 6lb 1oz when born so i suppose shes put on a wee bit weight. But her cord still hasnt dropped off yet. anyone else have this problem?

heyy :) hope everyones ok, thought Id pop over here as the april mummys thread in third tri is a bit quiet. Im not sure how you all feel about me posting here??

navarababe, i dont have any advice but Alex's cord came off when he was 8 days old. But he had been in an incubator under warm lights so that may have dried it up more. xxx

Hey girls:hugs:

Lana, awww poor Brooke. Try the water hun...its gotta be worth a go. Leos cord is hanging on by a thread. Does Brookes get a bit gunky and smelly at times?

Hayley, Im sure you are very welcome in here honey:hugs:

Not sure it looks a bit sore on one bit but mw was here today and she said its fine, and its hanging by a thread, its just a pain in the bum with it, im so scared to touch it.

Of course ur welcome in here hayley hun, how are u? :hugs:

HI girls, still finding no time to get on here and keep up to date! I don't know much so if anyone wants to do me a big update feel free!!

Stitches - OMG pain!
Boobs today - OMG pain!
It's just crazy, I thought heartburn and braxton hicks were annoying lol! I wouldn't change it for the world but WOW! Ill try and get on soon, but grandparents are up tomorrow too !!!! Layla doing pretty good, feeding better 1-3oz. Only had a Health care support worker out on day 3 yesterday, no one else been ? that normal?

ive had mw nearly every day really, today was her last day, then im at health visitor next week. I know its so hard to update, although brooke sleeps most of day lol, i just am sooooo tired :(

hello ladies.:hugs:

Marissa is sleeping so I decided to jump on here. OMG @ all of the April babies being born:happydance::cloud9: It looks like we have all just about gave birth.

Starryeyes ~ Jeff & I are co-sleeping.....it's the only way we can get any sleep at all.

Does anyone else's baby want to sleep almost all day & then keep you up all night?? Marissa has done this 4 times since she has been born. She woke up @ 4am and did not want to go back to sleep until 8am. I'm so thankful Jeff was up with her and letting me sleep. I still feel like I haven't had enough sleep though. I will probably sneak in a nap before Jeff gets home from work.

Who all is BFing? We are doing some better with it. Marissa latches right on now but I'm still giving her formula too.

I am trying to breastfeed... Athenas not taking to it very well so we got an electric breast pump and formula so I pump when she wont latch on and then supplement with formula. I feel like a cow on that pump lol. Shes gaining weight she lost back now... she went from 7 lbs 3 oz down to 6 lbs 8 oz and is back up to 6 lbs 15 ozs. Got an appt in two weeks to make sure she is back to birth weight and then another 2 weeks after that for her 1 month check up. Is it normal for her at 5 days old to still only be eating 1.5 oz to 3 oz at a feed?

Hey ladies.. finally found this thread too!

I am expressing my breast milk, Amelia isn't interested in latching on at all, I have tried for a week with no luck and this route is definitely working for us!
She is having 80ml every three hours as per hospital instructions.. which is a complete nightmare for me.. I'm glad I didn't sleep a lot in those last weeks of pregnancy because otherwise I wouldn't be used to it now!! :rofl:

xx

Athena has become a little porker over night I swear!!! She was only eating 1.5 ozs every 3 to 4 hours yesterday... today I had to give her two 1.5 oz bottles before she was satisfied and then she was up again I think a little less then 3 hours later for another 1.5 oz! I am now making her 4 oz bottles of expressed... but my boobs are taking the toll for it... Have to pump every two hours exactly or I dont make enough for her little tummy... and then this morning when I was trying to get my expressing in she was up crying for food and I hadnt had any expressed yet so i had to give her formula :(
Guess I should just be happy after all that weight she lost though. Shes finally asleep now though with her satisfied tummy and clean diaper!

my babys cord came off 2day :) so pleased. I gave her water she managed to pass her bowels at 3am this morning but not done it since. See was crying tonight and looked like she was trying to push but not geting anywhere so the water is there again 2nite for her to try :( i get so upset as i think its hurting her.

HI girls, still finding no time to get on here and keep up to date! I don't know much so if anyone wants to do me a big update feel free!!

Stitches - OMG pain!
Boobs today - OMG pain!
It's just crazy, I thought heartburn and braxton hicks were annoying lol! I wouldn't change it for the world but WOW! Ill try and get on soon, but grandparents are up tomorrow too !!!! Layla doing pretty good, feeding better 1-3oz. Only had a Health care support worker out on day 3 yesterday, no one else been ? that normal?

Im the same sammie! I think dana, hannah and lyndsey have all given birth:happydance:
I didnt have any stitches..woohoo so not in pain down there anymore!
My boobs are starting to ease off but they leaked loads today, omg good job I was in the house!
I had m/w out on sunday (day after I came home) and today for his heel prick..awwww he was so good! He was a sleep and dint even murmur!

:hug:

Hey girlies.....i always wanna come on here but then have to sort something with arianna and forget what i wanted too come on for!!
She is constipated so going to try what someone suggested on the previous page!

Can someone please tell me breast feeding gets easier cos its KILLING ME!!
I must of fed her yesterday over 20 times for 10 mins each time then last night she fed for over n hour n a half i was so sore i couldnt take anymore so my mum came over and bathed her while i had a bath then i fed her again for 5-10 mins and she fell sleep......the good thing is she slept from half 12 till half 7am!!!
and she hasnt been to bad today wit feeding as much but this happen the other day so i dunno if tonight she gunna be up all the time or what and i get this lil fear every tim ei think about breast feeding her!!!

To make things worse the stitches are so painful i struggle to do anythin at all...how long until i feel normal???
ivee had a headache since 5pm n cant shift it so gunna go bed now!!!

I miss not bein able to chat away as much lol!!!!

Night Girls!!

aww jackie hope u are feeling better soon :hugs:

I had one stitch i think, it wasnt as sore as ur discribing, but it was swollen when i sat down etc. It does get better hun. xx

hey girls :happydance: nice to see all you mummies have found this thread and have finally joined us!!!

how are you all finding motherhood? exhausting huh....:rofl:

i cant complain really as amy is a really good baby atm and she only ever cries when shes hungry...still waking every 4-5 hours for feed at night however...and shes taking 6oz to :happydance:

shes now 8lb 8oz at nearly 2 months old :rofl: some newborns are bigger than that :rofl:

she has another heel prick test tomorrow cos she was a early baby...oh and shes got her 1st injections on 5th may :cry:

so how are you all?

awww chel amy is doing well, brooke takes between 2oz and 4oz. and i need to wake her for her feeds every 4hrs :(

she still hasnt done a poo :( wish she would just do one so i knew she was ok

awww chel amy is doing well, brooke takes between 2oz and 4oz. and i need to wake her for her feeds every 4hrs :(

she still hasnt done a poo :( wish she would just do one so i knew she was ok

hun why do you need to wake brooke for feeds? you should only be doing that if shes a premmie!

how long has she not poo'ed for? have you tried sugared water?

yeh she was 2weeks early. Not sure why i need to, think shes lazy, she could go for ages if i didnt wake her up. Not poo'd for nearly 2days again, and even when she does its tiny and i think she struggles, no havent tried the sugery water, only water.

Is this a private party or can anyone join in????

I hope all the April mums and babies are settling in nicely and not too sore! And I hope that you're all enjoying being a mummy/ mummy again.

Me and Lucy have just about got into a routine and settled nicely. She's such a good baby, I couldn't have asked for anything more. We're enjoying some me n u time today without them pesky visitors coming to stick their oar in and big brother and sister are at school - yippeee!

Finally, I've just gotta say that I'm so glad I've got rid of my huge lump, burn them maternity clothes and hit the shops girls!

Welcome Sadie, Anyone can join in. congrats on your little girl lucy :happydance:

Im the same as u, im glad i got rid of bump, but im still in maternity jeans as stil got a wee flabby bump lol. hope it goes away soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->