April Showers please bring us BFPs!

LuckyD - Oh man - that is funny about Otago student housing! I was there in the winter but didn't think it was too bad. I am having a grapefruit every morning this cycle to improve my cm. I'm not as well endowed in that department as TryFor is - she has the best cm evah!

TryFor - nice joke about nixilix's spot :rofl: seriously though, I really do think it is important to get a big O when ttc - they've done studies that show the quality of the BD improves your chances :winkwink:

I have no issues with having a Christmas baby! It gets so hot here in the summer that I'd like to give birth before May. Yes, our summer starts in May! It would totally melt a baby :dohh:

TryFor - love your new pic by the way and hope the opk's pin point your window for you - a five day range (CD 13 - 18) would be too big for me - I'd get tired of BDing REAL QUICK!

Well, I'll be joining you ladies, if you don't mind. AF just got me today and I am looking forward to a BFP in April!

Well, I'll be joining you ladies, if you don't mind. AF just got me today and I am looking forward to a BFP in April!

Awww, sorry to hear that bbdreams :hugs:

AF arrived for me yesterday...so we are going to be going through this cycle at the same time :flower:

I have a feeling April Showers are going to be full of :bfp:

Im suppose to Ov the 5th of April

Looks like this will be a nice busy thread - hope there will be lots of BFPs.

My temp is down and I am feeling better, but now my husband is sick, so hopefully we will all be better before I ovulate.

i was talking to OH yesterday and he's worried that i will put too much pressure on him to conceive. i really hope i dont, we dont really BD at any particular time we do it as and when we plese, i dont temp or check CM.
i am now taking EPO with the hope that it will increase my EWCM just to give me some idea when i OV but i dont think even then i would do anything diffrent.
i would never demand that now is time to BD if im in the mood or hes in the mood then we'll do it.
im hoping by noy obsessing too much i will get my april :bfp:
but its been a year sinc i came off bcp (i only took this for 2 months) so i think it truelly messed up AF and im hoping its now settling down :)

Hey girls, How are we all today

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend? Anyone o'ing this weekend? Just got a very dark opk. Baby dust to all.

xx

:wohoo: Nixilix! Hope you get some quality BDing in this weekend!

I hope this is my month too, its easter and there are signs of fertility, its Earth Day which i love and its also my birthday this month so really hope i see my BFP when i test this month. I am also going to do a fertility spell... hey you got to try everything right.

Good Luck ladies.

Hey!! af's due for me on wed 24th march but im so sure she'll come im gonna hang around here!!

HOw is everyone? jaimie, tryfor, you guys ok?

Lucky D we're kinda doing SMEP too, did it for the first time last month. this month, we added the cough medicine too!! oh the joys of ttc!!

Howdy Honeybee and Goddess! Nice to see you ladies!

Hope the SMEP goes well for LuckyD and Honeybee.

I agree Goddess, lots of good events in April, and your birthday on top of it all! If I'm late I'm not testing till Earth Day 'cause I think it would be rad to get a BFP that day ; )

thanks jaimie - fx for you too!!

cough medicine.... ahhhh yess, it sounds a little crazy but i figure it's worth a go! My ewcm is really jelly like,and i think maybe the spermies struggle to swim thru it?!found this on google:

"There's limited medical research to support this idea, but anecdotal evidence suggests that it can help. One ingredient in certain cough medicines, guaifenesin, could help you get pregnant by thinning your cervical mucus, which enables sperm to travel through your cervix and fertilise an egg.

If you know from using an ovulation predictor kit (OPK) or taking your basal body temperature every morning that you're ovulating, but you don't seem to be producing much wet, slippery, cervical mucus, guaifenesin might help you to get pregnant. You need to know when you're approaching ovulation to take advantage of this recommendation, so keep checking your cervical mucus for any signs that it is getting clearer and slippery and monitor your luteinising hormone (LH) or oestrogen levels using an OPK so that you know when to take the cough medicine.

How does it work? Guaifenesin, a common ingredient in cough syrups, is an "expectorant". That is, it relieves congestion by helping liquefy mucus in your lungs, allowing you to cough it up. And because it works systemically on all mucus membranes in your body, it can make your cervical mucus wetter, too.

While you're trying to get pregnant, you shouldn't expose yourself to any drugs unnecessarily, so the trick is to find a cough medicine in which guaifenesin is the only active ingredient. Many cough and cold medicines contain antihistamines that also work systemically in your body but have the reverse effect. They dry up mucus and diminish wet cervical fluid. Other active ingredients to avoid include dextromethorphan (a cough suppressant) and alcohol, so check labels carefully.

If you're taking the liquid form of guaifenesin, take two teaspoons three times a day around the time of month you're expecting to ovulate. It's best to take it from the first day you notice any type of wetness in your cervical mucus through to when you get any indication of ovulation, be that an LH surge or rise in oestrogen, confirmed by an OPK, or until the day of your change in body temperature if you are charting. That may be for about a week."

Hi all :flower:

Good luck to all BD to catch that egg this weekend:dust:

Jaimie2Eyes how are you doing, I feel so sick today only for having AF i would be wondering! Ive slept most of the afternoon.

Lucky D how are you :flower:

Girls I have to ask what is SMEP:shrug:

Right im off to lie down and hopefully feel better soon

I hope this is an outrageously lucky thread :)

I'm pulling all the stops this month!
Ov is around April Fools day

xx

Celtic, SMEP means "sperm meets egg plan" I also am trying it this month (like LuckyD) as well. I am going to BD :sex: every other day (hopefully) starting CD10 until I get a positive opk, the BD :sex: that day and two days after, then skip a day to recoup spermies and then the very next day for insurance, in case. Let's hope my DH and I can handle all that BDing since we are a 'young/old married couple' :rofl: We are so busy that we have to make time for :sex:

Jaimie, I find the comment about my CM very nice, thank you! :flower: That is one thing I cannot complain about is my CM. I really would love to take a picture of my fertile CM and post it but I'm afraid people would think it's too gross! Ha! It literally can stretch and not break, at least 4"! Crazy!! I swear it's because of the water I drink, taking vit's and eating veggies! So crazy! Jaimie, I want you to get a bfp soooooo bad!!! And I can believe the summer starts in May, even where I live the summer starts in may. It was 74 degrees today here, beautiful. I love nice weather!!!

I told my husband if I decide to give up ttc, that I want a (.)(.) lift, tummy tuck, light lipo on the thighs, and a convertable! You know what he said (smartass he is!)?, that IF we ever get divorced he would want half of what I had done, such as a (.)!!!! Ahahaha :rofl: What a goofball!!! Gotta love him!

Tanikit, we are in the same boat about RE's. Let's hope we can do this on our own, together, as a ttc family, tat we all are on here! :flow:

Honeybee28!!!! Where the heck have you been?! I have missed you so very much!!!! What's your stradegy for this cycle?

Good Luck, Butterfly2 to you as well!!! :dust:

LuckyD, thisisme and maaybe2010, how are you ladies? I hope I didn't miss anyone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->