Are there any plus size women ttc?

hi there
im 5ft7 and weigh 200lbs which puts me at a tighht 14 but i am big, use to be a 12, im trying to conceive after coming off the injection a year ago. currently im on a diet and walk 2 miles a day and have a wedding in july !

Hey I'm a big girl ttc. I weighed 240 lbs when I concieved my son. Thanks to deppo and not the best of diets I gained 40 lbs after him and I haven't been able to lose it. I can't seem to keep myself motivated to try and lose weight. I've done little things like drop soda from my diet and try to cut down but still nothing. I think I need to really work out hard 5 days a week to see any weight loss but I suck at keeping up with that too. I'm worried my weight is keeping me from conceiving now even though I have pretty regular periods. I think I am really going to try my best to buckle down and lose some weight this year I'm getting married in august and I am NOT having pictures taken because I am so embarrassed about my weight..ugh

Hi, I can also understand you not wanting to have your photo taken, however, 4 years ago, I was about 300 lbs and I got married. I didn't arrange for a photographer, but all my guests had their own digital cameras, so we still had lots of pictures taken. Seeing those pictures has really made me focus more on losing weight though! We are planning to renew our vows when I have lost more weight. Hubby has lost around 100 lbs since then and I've lost 75 lbs, but I still have a long way to go.

Whatevery you decide, the most important thing is that you have a fantastic, happy day.

I'll also repeat what the others have said, going by your profile pic, you're gorgeous anyway, so you shouldn't feel you 'have to' shy away from the cameras.

TerriLou
xxx

I didn't say in my last post, I am 35 and 256 lbs. I have lost 75 lbs by being on Lighterlife, a meal replacement program. My intention since starting the diet is to lose weight in order to conceive.

I also was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20s due to severe headaches and very irregular periods, sometimes a 6 monnth gap, sometimes 2 weeks. Since losing the weight, they have been more regular, but they range from 30 to 45 days long.

I have started temping this cycle, so hopefully will find out whether things are actually working or not.

Fingers crossed, we would love it to be our turn to get pregnant this year as 13 of my friends had babies llast year, plus loads of acquaintances on Facebook too. It was a nightmare year for me.

After years of chatting about it, my Hubby has finally decided that we can start trying, so we started in January.

Fingers crossed for BFPs for everyone on here.

TerriLou
xxx

I am a big girl as well. My periods were irregular. I was 335 last April. my Doc had me lose 50 lbs which put me at 285 and i also am pcos and diabetic. I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and did so while taking Glumetza for my blood sugar, Neevo for prentals, clomid for ovulating, and preseed for cm also lets not forget lots of prayer and faith. so it is very possible to get pregnant.

I am a big girl as well. My periods were irregular. I was 335 last April. my Doc had me lose 50 lbs which put me at 285 and i also am pcos and diabetic. I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and did so while taking Glumetza for my blood sugar, Neevo for prentals, clomid for ovulating, and preseed for cm also lets not forget lots of prayer and faith. so it is very possible to get pregnant.

That's fantastic news tasha! Your little one has over come all those odds :D :happydance:

If your lutal phase is shorter than 12 days, you need clomid period! Not enough doctors are helping. It's our first cycle really TTCing and if I'm not PG in 3 cycles, I get clomid but I gotta start temping again..

I take clomid and my lp is 12 days. Do I need to legnthen it? I thought anything under 10 was bad.

I was told not to worry unless its less than 10.

That's fantastic news tasha! Your little one has over come all those odds :D :happydance:

Thank you! I know this will be a full term healthy pregnancy and I had a great doctor and nurse here to guide me along the way! Thank you so much again. I never take this blessing for granted.

Glad I found this thread, as I realise I'm not alone being a big girl wanting a baby :thumbup:

At my heaviest in 2004 I was 294lbs (5ft 5in tall) but joined Slimming World and steadily (and very slowly) for the last 6 years I've lost 55lb (well lost it most by 2007 and then haven't lost much since.) I want to lose another 71lb to hit my ideal weight; which is still 28lb less than the doctors say I should be but hey ho doctors are never happy :)

Thankfully I have regular periods, have had the tests which confirm I ovulate each month and don't have PCOS.

About 2 weeks ago I dug out my Wii and Slimming World books and I've lost 2lb since :) DH is really supportive and is changing his eating habits too and increasing his exercise. He is overweight and has type 2 diabetes so we should have sorted this sooner.

I do freak out when I read about all the apparent issues larger ladies will have TTC & getting a BFP but then reading this thread has made me realise that every one is different!

So loads of :dust: to all the big, beautiful ladies on this thread TTC and wishing happy, healthy pregnancies to all those lucky enough to have their BFPs x

I've lost and gained and lost and gained... hopefully on the 15th when I get my blood work done I'll find out if I have PCOS or something else wrong like with my thyroid (my mother, aunt, and grandma have all had thyroid problems so I figure I'm due for some too). Once I figure out if I'm ovulating I think I will have an ok time conceiving even with my weight. I don't appear that I weigh what I do because of how I carry it, but it does end up all in my belly.

Hi!

From past personal experience id say yes, being thinner makes it easier to conceive as I was only 126lb when I had my son in 07 and now Im well into the 200's and finding it hard to get bfp....but at the same time I know plenty of "big girls" (how i HATE that label) conceiving first time with no trouble!

Very frustrating! As if we haven't got enough to deal with ttc now we're blaming ourselves for being over weight!! Im crying now and reaching for the icecream!

Lots of (low fat) baby dust!!!!!!!! :p

Ladies ,ladies ,,, we all know that we would prob find conceiving easier if we could lose some weight but try not to be too dissheartened as there are loads of veluptuious ladies who have had bfp's on here and other baby forums on the net ... So keep up the good work and it will be our day very soon im sure xxxxxxxxxx

I am a plus size and when I got pregnant with my daughter I was about 275lbs. I had a wonderful pregnancy that I can't wait to experience it again (hopefully it will be as enjoyable as the first time!).

I am hoping it won't take me as long this time around though, we would like 2 children and we'd like them to be about 2 years apart in age. Hopefully it'll happen soon!

Good luck ladies :hugs:

I was 220 pounds last year, and in May I joined Jenny Craig, and lost 49 pounds in 6 months. I now weigh 176 pounds, and my husband and I have been TTC for 2 months. Since being off my diet I have gained a few pounds back, but now since being TTC both my husband and I are eating healthier and I've been able to drop a few more pounds. It is so hard to get motivated. I only got motivated to join Jenny Craig and lose weight because a co-worker of my sister's asked me when I was due....(I was not pregnant). The very next week I joined Jenny Craig. I was so heartbroken...but it did help me get motivation to lose some weight. Now I work out twice a week and I eat healthier.

hi girls,

i am 5'1 and currently weigh 215 :sad1: my heaviest ever! my hubby and i got married 9 months ago and at that time i weighed 180. i always said i would NEVER let myself go over 200. i have absolutely no motivation! right after the wedding, i went off bcp and i know that caused alot of the weight gain, as it has happened in the past. (as soon as i go back on the pill i lose it all) that, combined with being in a comfy relationship and eating alot of takeout. i did conceive in january, but unfortunately lost it at 6 weeks. my periods have been a little irregular, but i am definitely O'ing (temping and opks). baby dust to all of us big gals!

Hello! I'm also a bigger girl who's TTC.
I have never been skinny, but the worst weight issues ever came after a thyroidectomy, where I gained 40lbs in about 3 MONTHS. That was two years ago, and I was just too discouraged to do anything about it.
At the beginning of this year, 1/1/11, I tipped the scale at 250lbs. Eek!
Since then, I've quickly and easily slimmed down to 217. It's a major difference, and I feel SO much better.

We're actively TTC with a donor now, and I'm still losing weight, but doing so in a healthy way with Weight Watchers. Once I get my BFP, I will slowly add on an additional 10 "Points." My goal is to have a very healthy pregnancy for both myself and our baby, and only gain the weight of the baby belly.
I should be ovulating any day now, on cycle 3 with the donor and cycle 2 with clomid.
FX'd and thinking positive!!

This is awsome to know that i am not the only plus size woman thats ttc when is everyones hedd mine is i still have a chance for dec 15th or if af shows up jan 11th so we will see

https://www.etickr.com/ticker.php?img=2,100,123,0,CD,-15,2011/03/23,18,

I'm 296

It's taken so long so long to convieve. I have hired a nutitionist...
And hopefully that will work. :)

If your lutal phase is shorter than 12 days, you need clomid period! Not enough doctors are helping. It's our first cycle really TTCing and if I'm not PG in 3 cycles, I get clomid but I gotta start temping again..

I take clomid and my lp is 12 days. Do I need to legnthen it? I thought anything under 10 was bad.

I was told not to worry unless its less than 10.

Every doctor's protocol for LPD is different, but from my research anything less than 12 days and it reduces the likely hood of you carrying to term. I know some women can have an LP of 8 days and they can carry to term, but it really comes down to if your body is producing the proper hormones and vitamin b6 helps that. It doesn't work for everyone, but it is an option. I know my doctor told me if I'm not pregnant in 3 months I will get clomid just to be on the safe side.

I was thinking about having a get togather to meet everyone on this theard looking for some good ideas for our get togather and i was thinmking about maybe in aug. and arielle no i hadnt takin baby aspirn but wen i do concieve i will

Hi ladies! Im new to ttc but trying for number 2! Im a big girl, im 5ft6 but 210lbs or 15 stone.
I have pcos and have irregular cycles - wish I knew when I was going to come on or ov! It would be a lot easier, just starting my first cycle! Good luck to all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->