*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Thinking of you and the twins Rebecca. I hope it goes well and I'm also glad you had the steroid injections. :hugs:

So grateful I got the steroids last week. The plan is to try for a vbac. I'm not in labor as of now and they are hoping to delay labor as long as possible. I can last days or even weeks with a broken water. I'll be in the hospital but the hope is I can delay delivering.

Rebecca I'm so glad that you've been admitted and that they are keeping a close eye on you. It can't be easy. Every day counts hun. Please keep us updated. Xx HUGS!!!

2have - that really sounds awful. I would have gone crazy by now. Does it help at all if your dh gives you a massage before bed? Or heat packs? Geez I can't even imagine.

I've scrubbed my actual hospital suitcase (it's an old one I'm borrowing from my mom and it's travelled with her all over the world so it had to be scrubbed and sun dried!!). Yesterday my mom took me shopping and bought me 3 sets of hospital pj's, bikini briefs for the hospital (I only have g-strings lol), and lovely nursery curtains. The curtains are such a clever concept. A light gauze curtain in front, with heavy, thermal insulating, noise reducing and light-blocking inner curtains. So the inners can be opened behind the light outer curtain, ensuring that the window is always covered (my neighbours can see into the room) and that I never have to pull away or open my pretty outer curtain, but that some light can shine in if I want. I also bought an extra matress cover and pillow covers for my double bed in the nursery. .. Baby is bound to have some accidents on my bedding since we will be co-sleeping (not bed-sharing; he will be sleeping in his carrycot or the co-sleeper) :). What a productive day! I have about half the stuff that he & I need in hospital and for the first few weeks, done and washed & packed away. Phew.

Jospeh and Alisa are here! Born a little over an hour ago vbac. I'm doing very well and babies seem ok. I got a peek at them but I'll get to see them a bit later.

Rebecca, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little babies. Sorry to hear they have arrived early but so pleased they came into the world safely and I hope they continue to grow strong. I hope mamma is doing ok too. Lots of love to you x

Oh wow rebecca you are my hero. I'm so glad to hear they are doing ok!! Still praying for you!! How did your parents react when they found out you had twins?

Oh my Rebecca that's amazing, shocking news! So glad to hear everyone is OK. That was quite an early eviction! Can't wait to see photos xx

Fern you sound really well prepared, good thinking with the curtains! I was given some really useful tips by my two beloved pharmacy ladies (they've doled out all of my IVF meds + some over the last 6 years and being both moms are always super excited to see our little ones). They said to get some granny panties for cheap that you can toss away. And to get the biggest longest pads possible and if you have pain after birth to wet them, freeze them and then use them to reduce inflammation in the region (I didn't have any pain afterwards and came out completely unscathed). Best tip was to take the absorbent hospital mat that they use on the hospital bed home with me. The ones they sell in stores are cheap and thin and not very good (and you have to buy them for anywhere from $5-$20) whereas the mats they use in the hospital are soft material and water proof and washable and get thrown out anyway rather than sterilized and reused. So I did take this last year as mine was clean (I had brought my granny panties and some massive pads that caught everything keeping the bed clean) and used it for DD when she co-slept with us. Like you Fern we used a bassinest and had a middle station sleeper that kept her separate from us while still being in the middle of the bed. My boobs also leaked and I appreciated having this pad as I didn't want to have to sleep with bras & pads on and be washing sheets everyday. It was big enough to stretch between the two of us.

Well I took yesterday off and DH let me nap throughout the day so I was able to catch up on some sleep. Last night I managed to fall asleep on my belly which gave my arms/hands a break and only needed to switch to my back half way through. Feel like a new woman today :haha:

Babies are 3lbs each and seem to be doing great! They have a little oxygen in their nose but it's very minimal. God willing they will grow stronger and bigger so we can take them home in 5-6 weeks!
I'll post some pictures a bit later.

Oh wow!!! Congrats Rebecca!!! I'm so glad that the babies seem to be doing well under the circumstances, and I'm looking forward to seeing their cute faces!!!

Wow again Rebecca. I still can't quite believe they are here, feels like yesterday we were all cheering each other on in the tww. Congrats Momma!! <3

I'm so glad they are doing so well, congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures xx

This is our little girl! The picture kind of makes her look really big but she's really very tiny!

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
This is our little boy!

Attachments

• IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1517.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 12
Aahh they're adorable!! Look at that hair :) and those little toes and fingers! They're perfectly angelic.

How are you doing /feeling Rebecca? Are you ok?

How adorable and perfect looking! :hugs: to you all.

Aww, hi Joseph and Alisa!!! Good job mommy!! Congrats again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->