*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Froggy all the best with DH's revision and good luck with the dates/evening primerose oil. I love dates & figs. We've had figs over Christmas (they're a treat rather than chockies) but I'll scoop some dates up next time I shop.

2have, It's really interesting to read about the dates studies. she also mentioned drinking two cups of red raspberry leaf tea a day, it's recommended that all of these are started at 36 weeks.

Froggy - hope your DH is doing well after revision.

2have - you sound miserable. Poor thing. I think we are all getting there but I don't have nearly as much to suffer through. And DH being selfish on top of it doesn't help.

Today was another productive day. DH and I finished up the feeezer meals. Yesterday and today we made 43 meals and 6 side dishes. DH did an awesome job. We finished up some today and SIL helped so I just sat and read the recipes to them. DH and I also took back all the duplicate baby items from the shower. Now we have a few gift cards to use when necessities arise.

Still uncomfortable this week. Just getting expected end of pregnancy aches and pains. Pelvis and inner thigh pain. It's hard to lift my legs up sometimes. I have been taking a bath every night.

DH got a pre-baby haircut today and we both got pedicures. Trying to get all of our personal care items in before babies come. I had my gifted massage on Tuesday and it was heavenly. I think we are finally good to relax the next 3 days. Agenda is finally finished!

Fern - I'm glad you have family close if needed. I'm sorry you have to go through all of this...

Froggy- interesting! I hope the dates help!! Dates are so expensive here though, otherwise I would have done it too as I love them. Hope your hubby is in minimal pain and recovers speedily. Xx your turn for hospital soon!

Btw are we all planning on hospital births?

Rq- wow you've been productive! So what do the meals include? And are they different meals eg lunches and dinners or only dinners?

My nursery stuff is almost done, I still need to wash a few second hand items (cot matress, cosleeper matress, swing, a whole huge container full of bottles and other plastic ware) and pack some stuff away. And I have a list of stuff to buy. But most of the newborn stage things are clean and packed away and so is most of my hospital bag! Then to start on my own freezer meals. Phew!

Ooohh and my pre-labour haircut & highlights, pedicure and bikini wax are all booked for the week just before I hit 38weeks :) hope I'm not leaving it too late!

Ooohh and my pre-labour haircut & highlights, pedicure and bikini wax are all booked for the week just before I hit 38weeks :) hope I'm not leaving it too late!

:haha: good for you Fern!! I'm right in there too. Did the highlights and nails before Christmas, having massages every week to help deal with the numb arms, and the cut, wax, and eyelashes are getting done in 2 weeks. I always get eyelash extensions so I don't need to do mascara for vacations & DD's labour too. The cleaning lady came last week. Feeling very pampered lately despite everything!

Eyelash extentions is a great idea! I should totally work that into my schedule too :) and I'm going to start interviewing cleaning ladies/nannies in Jan; to start with one or two days a week. I'm very controlling when it comes to my house and how I want it to be cleaned (different cloths for bath tub and toilet, use a different cleaning cloth per room, wash your hands after cleaning a room or before touching any clean dishes etc... comes from having a degree in microbiology) so it's always hard for me to allow someone else to clean.

It's after midnight in RSA. I've been watching netflix so still awake. Hope you all have a blessed and positive 2017!

Happy new year fern! We are planning a hospital birth.

You ladies enjoy pampering yourselves! Sounds amazing! We won't be able to afford extras right now because of dh being off of work. The new surgeon was absolutely shocked by what he saw when he went in, there was so much that he had to do in there, he said it looked like a bomb went off inside. Dh is off of his leg for four weeks. He will probably be on crutches when the baby is born.

Happy news year!
Rq you sound so productive it's amazing what you accomplished!
Froggy enjoy those dates I hope it works!
Fern it's great how much you've done for your LO, is that the last of things to do? YOur family seems great and supportive!
2have I'm so sorry about how horrible you've been feeling. The good news is You're almost there!!

We got the car seats, double stroller and crib bedding ordered. I have lots of clothes for size 0-3 months but now I need to get some for newborn size so they can wear it right away. The babies are 3lbs and 12 oz and growing nicely. I hope they will be home in 2-3 weeks.
Tomorrow I will go shopping and buy diapers, wipes, bottles, pacifiers, etc.

35 weeks today. Two week countdown!! Crazy!
That is why I have been so productive! We are running out of time.

Fern - the freezer meals are dinners. We could heat some up for lunch but I doubt we will. We have a lot of variety. A bunch of different recipes that DH complied from different internet sites. So glad they are done. We were able to relax a lot yesterday and today. We have tomorrow off also.

Froggy - crazy about DH back and what the surgeon found. Sucks that he will be down and out during the toughest time of your pregnancy. I hope he heals fast!

Happy new year all!!

Rq- I can't remember now! Are you getting a cs, waiting to try vb with natural labour, or getting an induction? 2 weeks until full term is awesome and scary!

Rebecca - hope everything you've ordered arrives soon and that your babies don't have to stay in the hospital for too much longer.

How is everyone doing?

I'm really big and uncomfortable! Haven't done any work on the nursery for a few days, just literally lying around from bed to couch! I feel like a cat. A huge, exhausted cat who can't move around! I've also noticed a lot of cellulite on my legs suddenly, yikes! I'm going to try my best to swim or walk tomorrow again but I've just been out of breath and exhausted these past few days. Ugh my husband is coming home tonight and I'm so stressed out :/.

Rq yay for your two week countdown that's so soon!

Fern I know the feeling well, you'll feel so much more comfortable once you give birth.

Here's a picture from today of the kiddos. They're just 4 pounds (1835 grams).

Attachments

• IMG_8422.jpg
    IMG_8422.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 8
Awe Rebecca - so sweet!!!

Fern - I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow and that will dictate whether we do a c-section or a vb.

Happy new years ladies, I wish you all smooth deliveries and a wonderful year of baby firsts, smiles, and giggles.

Froggy sorry to hear about your DH and the situation it's put you in. Did they confirm that you have a legitimate malpractice claim then? I hope so.

Rq all the best with your us.

Rebecca very sweet! So small:flower:

I'm going to ask my doctor on Thursday to get me off work, I can barely function anymore :cry: I've been barfing all day/week, wake with headaches everyday, can't sleep, my feet swell to high heaven and arms feel numb all the time. I can't believe how things have changed in 2 weeks! I've gone from 24 pounds up to 41 since Dec 20. I've been in bed mostly the past few days & miserable. I feel bad not being able to help DH with DD:cry:

We called for a babysitter to help me out while DH was visiting his bro on New Years Eve and DH left a message with the girl who helped us last Christmas during our renos. The mother called us back and shortly after she babysat for us last year she rolled her car and passed away! I've been so upset all day and can't stop blubbering. She was a really lovely girl who'd just been accepted into uni. Her fb page is now a memorial. Just feeling aweful today :cry:

2have - that is awful news about your babysitter. How sad!
I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. I was feeling really awful last Mon, Tues, and Wed. I was in a lot of pelvic pain and having trouble lifting my legs, but I seem to have gotten better. At least where it is very tolerable. You have just been having a terrible time this trimester/pregnancy. I would wish the babies to come out soon, but you know how it is....the longer they incubate the better they are off.

I'm anxious for my MD appt today. I'm interested to see what the doc says and what our plan is since full term/37 weeks is only 12 days away.

Back to work today after being off for 10 days. It was hard to get going and everyone is surprised to see me. LOL. DH is going to leave work as soon as the babies are born and they were surprised to see him today too. I keep hanging in there.

Best wishes to everyone as we get closer!

Rq good luck on your scan,I hope you can have a VB!
2have I'm so sorry about how awful you're feeling I'm sure your ob will give you documentation so you can stop working. That's just horrible about the babysitter so sad!!

Froggy somehow I thought I had replied to your post regarding your dh :dohh: geez I'm glad another surgeon could fix the mess! Unbelievable. Hope he heals soon and that he's not in a lot of pain.

Rq - I also hope you get your vb, I saw a twin vb on "one born every minute" a week ago and it was so exciting to watch :).

2have - I feel so, so sorry for you. Having all those symptoms and then not being able to sleep on top of it all, sounds like torture. Please vent on here as much as you want, I'm sure we all get that loving our babies but disliking or even hating the more unpleasant side effects of pregnancy are two very separate emotions!! I had to EXPLAIN to my mom that me saying my back is sore or that I'm tired, does not mean that I'm not grateful for my baby pfff!

Thanks Fern, after SOOOOO much effort that we've all put in to getting our lo's it feels sacrilegious to complain, especially when twins are such a dream come true for me. But omg just shoot me now please, I'm fing miserable. Could not stop crying the last two days but I think the lack of sleep is getting to me in that way of not being able to control my emotions. It's felt like I've been really sick and in a bit of a dream state. I've just printed off the leave forms here at work and will get them to my OB on Thursday. 2 more days potentially for me dragging my sorry arse into work at least. It was -21 degrees C to boot this morning.

I've had some small chats too with my mom about how even though I complain I'm not ungrateful for twins. She keeps hinting that it won't get easier after birth. I think those first 3 months are actually the easiest based on our first DD. There were a few tricks that helped us help her sleep through the night...supplementing with formula, using probiotics and switching to probiotic infused formula for colic rather than gripe water (SMH that stuff is pure alcohol, I don't know how ppl think gripe water helps colic!) Also helped with her yeast infections/red bum as they have no immune system and probiotics gets that kick started for them. But I think working at daycares and as a nanny in between university summers helped me with understanding which things help and which don't with some of these things. Trying to do breast milk only when your lo is crying all night long just means they prob aren't getting enough and you have to let yourself off the hook. The body can only do so much! I'm not stubborn in any way so when they cry for more and I think my body isn't producing I yelled at the nurse our first night to just help her out and get her some formula. She slept soundly for 3 hours after that and I was able to replenish my reserves. So for my mom this was a hard hard time (she had no pump either and couldn't produce enough milk that I needed as a baby) so she feels it'll be really difficult with 2 newborns which for us with 1 was actually easy and very rewarding. We still get up once to twice per night to feed her milk with DD as she's growing soooo fast and so tall. We switch off and it makes things easier. Maybe that's the other part, having a partner working from home to share the burden with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->