*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Good to hear from you pinkie, im glad you are doing so well, it's so crazy how close we all are!

Fern that's a long list to pack in your bag! So cool that you felt his head!

Rebecca I hope the next week or two fly by so that you guys can get home.

RQ yay for one more day! I have been watching closely to see if I'm losing any plug but haven't yet.

I was really hoping for a cervix check yesterday but they told me that they will give me another next week. I have been having a TON of Braxton hicks, some with pain and cramping but nothing consistent. The midwife yesterday told me to follow the 5-1-1 rule and that since I'm term to go ahead and go in at that point! So exciting!

Rq the blood tinged mucus is a good sign. Things are immentent :)
The twins are 1 month today!
Joe got his NG tube removed yesterday since he has been taking his bottles really well! Alisa is still a little behind with her eating. Both babies have been moved out of the incubators and into open bassinets. We are making great progress I really think they will be home before next weekend. I'm waiting till Monday morning to speak with their doctor (usually the residents and fellows are there over the weekend so I need to wait till Monday to see the neonatologist).

Pinkie nice to hear from you, glad that you're feeling well. 4 weeks is almost here!! Yay!

The doc told me to get checked for ANY changes. I had that blood tinged mucous yesterday and some cramping today so I called to see what they wanted me to do. I was sent into triage. I was still about 4cm and everything looked good so I got to come home. The doc said i will be back soon...lol. He said "maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow but we will see you again soon". I'm not ready for labor so it was ok with me. Also my friends and I have special dinner plans tonight so we will plod along like normal. Again we are just waiting for contractions. I get checked out again Tuesday so unless contractions start I'm going to stay at home.

Rebecca happy 1 month to your teins!

RQ how are you doing? Still hanging in there?

Pinkie I'm really glad to hear you're doing well. Has the ms gone away now?

Fern how are you doing lady, hanging in there?

Froggy sorry to hear about the B&H. That can't be too comfortable.

Everyone else I hope you guys are relaxing.

Well I've not been discharged as I thought I would be. Hemoglobin has fallen which us not a good sign and same with platelettes. Protein in urine is up. They think the steroids that they gave the babies boosted my levels to look good but have concerns that I could tank tomorrow or Tuesday. As well, there are only 3 spots in this hospital's NICU left so if I wait, the consequences could be both emerg c-section as well as delivering at a busy, old inner city hospital. I think we're going to start induction this afternoon!

Oh my 2have today?! Wow!! Please keep us updated!!
Rq I hope you enjoy your dinner plans and you make it to Tuesday!!

Oh my goodness things are happening fast!!

Good luck 2have, best that they keep a close eye on you and the twins. Keep us updated if you can, I can imagine things might be a little crazy though!

Rq- good luck hun you have almost reached 37 weeks, great GA for your twins, please take it easy! Do you have to go back to work this week?

Pinkie- nice to hear from you, glad you are still doing well! Aww I can't wait to find out if you are having a girl or a boy :).

Froggy- you sound so close to delivery as well! And if not your induction is really right around the corner. How is your hubby doing?

Rebecca - your twinnies are making remarkable strides. <3 can't believe it's been a month already.

I called in to LD today... what an embarrassing situation lol... H and I had sex (we never do anymore so I was just too happy with the attention :blush: ) anyway so I went to urinate after, and fluid started leaking out (definitely not semen) and it kept going for about 10-15 minutes. After a while I got fed up with sitting there wondering what was going on and proceeded to take a shower, dress and have a meal. I kept going back to the bathroom about every 5 min (for about 2 hours) to check and every time I sat down, fluid started leaking out again. Not when I walked around though. Called LD and they said to come in straight away. They tested twice for amniotic fluid but it turned out to be just urine! Neither the nurse or the doctor could explain why it kept leaking like it did and why there was so much of it! They kept me under observation for a while and kept reassuring me that I did the right thing to call and to come in immediately if there are any other strange symptoms. We laughed about it afterwards... H mentioned that it was like an episode of "sex sent us to the ER" :dohh: ! Idk; I think maybe my bladder nerves got overstimulated or something. I did have a slight nerve injury after my last laparoscopy in March 2016. Who knows. And of course it tapered off while I was under observation - Murphy's law! :)

Fern that's hilarious. It truly does sound like an episode from Sex Sent Me To The ER!

The doctors haven't popped by so I'll prob only start the cervix ripening process today and get an oxy drip tomorrow. I didn't get my bikini wax in or the damned eyelashes:grr::haha:

Fern don't feel so bad! My sil had that and she ended up going into labor later that night. At least you got some action :)

2have o feel like things don't usually happen over the weekend in hospitals. Keep us updated! Good luck tomorrow!!!

Haha 2have when I went in yesterday, I was also concerned with my salon appointments that are only booked for next week! I reeeeally don't want to miss them. Well maybe once your babies are born you can still do those treatments? (The eyelashes at least, maybe not the wax? :) ) all the best with your induction hun!!! You and your girls are in my thoughts and prayers.

H is back at work as of today so I'm hoping we don't get on each other's nerves so much. He has been more decent this week, his mom told me that they also gave him a stern talking-to when they heard that he had just left me here for a drinking holiday. (Actually they never say much to their sons when they behave like hooligans so I don't know if I believe her though!) Oh well. If we can manage just to be decent and well mannered toward each other it will be a huge improvement.

I'm interviewing domestic workers/nannies. It's making me extremely anxious but I need the help!

Fern glad H is behaving for now. Glad your in laws are taking your side. Good luck with the interviews.

2have waiting for your update, good luck hon!!

Claire and Oliver made their world debut this morning. I had to pee and got out of bed at 12:45am. I felt some fluid getting ready to come out. I flopped out of bed so quickly and water gushed down my legs. I told DH my water just broke. I peed, and took a very quick rinse in the shower and we were on our way. Contractions started on the way to the hospital and I got an epidural within 2 hours. My contractions were within 2 mins very quickly. They got the epidural in just in time because when I was getting it I got a contraction and I could feel my body wanted to push. They checked me and we were ready to go. Water broke at 12:45am and the first baby was born around 4:30am.
I'll post more pics and details later, but I wanted to let you know they came and are doing great!

2Have - I'll say a prayer for your induction and little ones! Best wishes!!!

Congrats rq!! They came pretty fast!!! I can't wait to see pics!

Good luck with your induction 2have, keep us updated!

Wow rq so glad it all went well & a fast birth! Whoop whoop congrats momma!!

Congrats RQ, sounds like it was quick and efficient! Glad to hear you had all of the pain management that you needed on time - that's the most important thing as well as healthy babies <3

They're 'ripening the banana' right now with cervidil. My hemoglobin & platelettes fell more and they said if the induction process takes days they may need to give me a blood transfusion. I was dilated 1 cm but not super effaced of thin so hopefully the cervidil does the trick!

How is everyone else, Fern, Froggy, Pinkie are you singleton mamas feeling any closer?

Congratulations RQ! That's so exciting, what a super fast labour! How are you and the babies?

I love that this thread is on labour watch now :) Good luck, everyone. I'll be there in a couple more months...

Oh my 2have and RQ, how exciting.

RQ, many congratulations to you and DH, sounds like a wonderful labour. I hope you and both babies are doing well.

2have, I am thinking of you and I hope things get moving soon. If you're allowed, try some squatting/walking up and down the stairs sideways, a little tip my midwife gave me to get those babies to open up the cervix.

Mine is still not engaged, will be checked tomorrow and in the meantime doing a lot of movements on all fours.

X

Huge congrats RQ!!! How are the babies?!

Praying for you 2have, hope it goes smoothly!

Ellie yours will be here too before you know it, 30+ weeks already!

Froggy- and only a week left for you.

2have - hope you are doing well and that you are in wayyyy less pain with this labour.

Rq- thinking of you and the twins!!

Praying - I've also been doing heaps of positioning exercises and thought he was really low down... and then on Sunday when I went in to LD I heard that nope, he is just starting to engage!! I'll be thinking of you when I do my squats etc :).

This anxiety is getting to be a problem? Idk if it's normal or a side effect of the anti-depressants (I've doubled my dose for a week now but it just means that I'm taking half a tablet instead of a quarter tablet.... am very cautious with the stuff). Will definitely be asking my dr tomorrow.

Hope all is well 2have and the babies are here or will be here soon!

I lost my plug today! I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything but it's still very exciting. Like the beginning of the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->