*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

They decided not to give cytotec but put in another cervidil. I'm not allowed to walk around with the cervidil. I'm having contractions too close together and the cytotec could cause a stressful situation for Gage because if could make my contractions even closer together

Wow froggy! So you're having consistent contractions but not dilating? Hope it goes quick!! Keep us posted.

Oi Froggy!! Seems like nothing is 100% certain with an induction. At least you are at the hospital, being closely monitored, everyone there is caring for you and for Gage, and if really needed they can always do a section. Regardless, you are in good hands and your son will be born soon! Xx

Froggy I hope everything is going smoothly!

Ok ladies exciting news :) I'm going to hospital tonight at 10 to get an induction, baby *should* be born tomorrow! At today's appointment I was already 4cm dilated so I have indeed been in slow pre-labour or whatever for the past week. (Had lots of cramps!). Baby's cord is around his neck though and the blood flow ultrasounds show that he is distressed. So I'm not going to wait to go into labour say at 1am on a random morning and then my dr, pediatrician etc are fast asleep and might take an hour to get to me... now that we know there is a medical issue and my body has already started to labour, we've made the decision. He is lying in a combination of back-to-back and transverse... but I'm first going to attempt VB. However if he gets any more stressed I have no problem getting a c-section and having my miracle born alive. It's 6 pm in RSA now, I'm going to hospital at 10 pm :).

Wow fern! Lots of luck!! Keep us updated!

This is all so exciting!!

Fern, Froggy, how exciting. Good luck and thinking of you both. Your little boys will be in your arms in no time. Will be checking the thread for your updates X

So it's 4:40 am. I got a sleeping pill at 11 and was then woken up at 2 to get the gel placed. Not too sure what the name of the gel is? But it's an induction aid. So due to me already being 4cm I only got half a dose. Contractions started up soon and are now about 7min apart lasting 1,5min. Ouch. They left me to "sleep" but yeah fat chance! Ooohhh there's another one....

And a baby was born just now in the room next to me :)

In a few hours I think things will be crazy. I'm getting an epidural and my doctor, pediatrician, my sister & H are coming for the birth. Hoping it all goes fast!

Fern I hope things start to happen really quick for you! Can't wait for your update.

Froggy... how you doing?!

Oh wow ladies, Fern & Froggy I'm sure by now you're both mothers. I'm so excited for your updates. You both have such positive attitudes. I hope all goes smoothly xx

Cervidil that was placed last night was placed wrongly so did nothing to my cervix when it was checked this morning. They started me on cytotec this morning and gave me a second dose around four pm. They checked me at 7 and I had gone from 1cm to 1.5cm. So they placed a cooks catheter and started me on pitocen. The cooks catheter is set to fall out at 4cm. After having intense contractions for a few hours, the catheter fell out, and pitocen was increased. I'm going to be checked again in about 20 minutes, so hoping for some progress. Since it was not a real dilation there is a small possibility that it closes back, but I'm not going to let that worry me yet. We are only a few hours away from being in the hospital for 48 hours.

Ugh Froggy what a painful wait! Are you taking anything for pain? Hope you keep progressing.

Afm- sooo the gel didn't help me dilate. I started contractions at 2 am after the first gel and they increased slightly in intensity at 6am after the second gel was placed but at 7:30 when my dr came to do an internal exam I was still only at 4cm. After that exam my pain reeeaaalllyyy ramped up. She wanted to break my water there and then but I refused; too much pain! So they phoned the anestetist. For the next 30 minutes I was rocking on my heals and sitting on the ball, then got a walking epidural (most awesome freaking thing ever), had my water broken and cervix manually stretched and am now on a pitocin drip. Finally some peace and quiet, just chilling atm.

Oh froggy, cirvidil was placed incorrectly??? And Fern. Stretched manually. Owwch! I'm sorry there have been so many bumps ladies. Fx for transition & delivery to be more smooth!

He's here and it was amazing! Best birth experience I could ask for! Vb, went so quickly after they started pitocin, pushed for 10min. No pain. Full story later on.

Congratulations Fern! I'm glad it worked in the end. Manual cervix stretching sounds awful... Looking forward to hearing your birth story.

Froggy, thinking of you. It sounds really hard. I hope things click into place soon.

Fern congrat mama!! So glad to hear it was awesome!
Xx

Froggy, you're turn. We're very muchooking forward to hearing how you & baby are doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->