*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Fern I'm so sorry he's still being a tyrant. Stay away from him and thunk about how you're going to stop your son from learning his dad's behaviour. If yu're fighting around a small boy it'll effect him too even at a young age.

Nimbec glad to hear things have stayed calm with you. You may have loads of things to do but prioritize & triage them. Bake little bean bake!

Ellie I hope the problem lies with the variance of the sonographer and not your little bean. Grow baby grow!

RQ visitors are exhausting but fun. I've been off work since the 5th now and we've only allowed a handful of people to come visit the house. I'm having some of my mom's girlfriends over this week and a colleague from work next week. We've got lots of mail from DH's overseas family and my extended family but I'm afraid to have someone in who will be sick or not wash their hands well. My girls still look small and fragile.
Rebecca how has it been with Alisa at home? I hope you're enjoying both of them now!

We just got our hospital birth story photos back and they're awesome! She also did a bonus gift for us of a video. I cried, it was so neat to see the whole situation through a clear head without contraction pain:haha:
We did our newborn photo shoot on Saturday. She did a fabulous job of managing everything. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.

DD was barfing from 9pm till 5am last night. No idea why, no diarhea or signs of flu or anything else. I was on with the local nursing line and we almost took her into Emerg. We're both shattered today. The NICU has set up a respite service for us for parents of multiples starting Wednesday till the girls are 3 months old. They have 2 volunteers for us that will come for two 3 hour stints each week. We can take DD out, cook, clean, sleep, whatever we like. I'm so incredibly grateful for our healthcare system!

2have - that respite service sounds awesome!

Fern - sorry to hear about your Hubby. I'm glad you and baby are bonding!

Hi ladies, I am sorry it's taken so long for me to update, preparing before my section was hectic and after has been just as crazy, today was the first time I had a couple of hours with just me and my baby, although I am extremely grateful for all the help I receive. I gave birth by elective c section 10 days ago to a beautiful boy, he is everything I dreamed he would be and the image of his handsome father. I am recovering well and loving every moment of motherhood.

Good luck to the other ladies who are due soon and I am pleased to read that all babies are doing well. I hope your little miracles are bringing you lots of happiness in life xx

Congrats Pinkie!

I think the new mommas are all busy with our babies right now.

Went to the doc today for the babies one month check up.
Claire has gained 1lb 11oz and Oliver has gained 1lb 9.5oz over birth weight.
Claire weighs 7lb 1oz and Oliver now weighs 6lbs 7.5oz

Congrats Pinkie on your little man!

Life has been very hectic here so I haven't had time to update.

Both babies are home. Joe is 6lb 9oz and eating well. Alisa is 5lb 11oz and the doctor is concerned about her weight as she only gained 1 oz since we left the hospital last Friday. He increased her calories to 26.
(Preemie babies are given extra calories in their breast milk bottles or formula bottles, most preemies take 22calories per ounce my babies are taking 24 calories per ounce and now Alisa need some 26 calories per ounce)
Hopefully she will start gaining I'm so worried!

I'm back at work.
Oh, and I got strep throat today, I can't be near my babies for 24 hours since I just started antibiotics.

Congrats Pinkie on a handsome little boy!! So happy that everything went well.

Rebecca how are you coping with work, a toddler and preemies? And being sick now too? Wow lady I take my hat off to you.

Had G's 2 week pediatrician visit yesterday. 16 days old and he's already gained 300g over his birth weight, I'm so happy. Was so worried about my low milk supply and whether my combo feeding strategy was working. His umbilical cord fell off yesterday and I was a bit sad to see him lose that remnant of life in the uterus lol. Also, because he is gaining well, dr said I can leave him to sleep at night and not wake him every 3-4 hours to feed (he eats much more frequently during the day in any case). So last night after his 9pm formula feeding, he slept for 6,5 hours!

Fern that's great news about baby G's weight gain! I'm so glad he's giving you a nice stretch in the night! Good job on the Breast feeding!

Congratulations Pinkie!

Who else is still pregnant on here? I'm 35 weeks today :)

Congratulations Pinkie! Gosh is it just me and you left Ellie? :)

Great to see all you new mummies having a great time and getting a good routine.

Oh no Rebecca that's horrid hope you feel better soon :(

Fern great news!

As for me I'm shattered and quite emotional I'm struggling now at this stage and have slowed down taken a few days off work to recharge. It's half term next week so Harrison is off school so I will be home with him although I have to say it's probably harder work entertaining a 4yr old than being in the office 😂. I'm looking forward to some quality time though.

I can't sleep either currently 3.45an here and I'm awake ...lovely! No wonder I'm so tired lol! Right off to try and sleep.

Ellie and nimbec enjoy your last few weeks, rest and sleep as much as you can :) (hope you get some rest in even with half term nimbec!) One more month to go. X

Pinkie, congratulations on your beautiful boy. I'm s glad to hear birth was a positive experience for you! So far it sounds like we've all avoided nightmare deliveries:dance:

RQ those are great weights for your cherubs! Enjoy babyhood & well done with the feedings!

Rebecca hopefully she gains weight it sounds like you're feeding her successfully. How are your twins with reflux? Piper has reflux with every feed and we need to be very careful that she's upright during and after feeds. She's a high maintenance little lady already lol:haha: I'm sorry to hear about your strep throat. What crappy timing to get sick. I hope you have loads of support!

Fern despite your frustrations with low milk supply you sound like you're doing brilliantly with fattening baby G up. Well done mama!

Nimbec I hope you can get some sleep before delivery. 3rd tri has it's challenges! Especially when you still have children to care for the next morning!

Ellie you're so close now, are you getting excited?

We took the twins & MacKinley out for a walk today. It got a bit hairy getting in & put of the car but once on the road & walking everything was great. It's sunny but SO much snow here (a 35 year record in snow actually), and there was quite a cold wind but with a little beanbag warming pack in the stroller bassinet and some warm clothes on DD we all made it back alive and without frostbite :cold:

Happy Valentine's Day.

Attachments

• IMG_6300.jpg
    IMG_6300.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 11
So cute rq!

I have been following along but finding it hard to get time and energy to update! Me and Gage are doing great, he is a milk monster and always wants to nurse. He is getting so big! I'm still healing, but feeling really good. Still have three weeks left of restrictions, and I'm so ready for that to be over.

Nimbec and Ellie, how are things going?

Congrats pinkie!!!

Rebecca I hope your feeling better and that Alisa is gaining what she needs.

Fern glad that baby g is thriving. So awesome that our boys share a birthday! I hope your able to figure out a solution for your issues with your husband. I'm with 2have, and think that's not a very good role model for your son to be exposed to.

The babies are all so adorable! I love seeing pictures of them... and I can't wait to meet Finlo!

I have another scan tomorrow, when I'll find out if he's picked up his growth again. I'm hopeful that he'll be back on track, around 5lb10+ If not, I may be induced soon.

Everything is ready now, the nursery looks great. We are ready, but I'd rather have a couple more weeks and get past 37 weeks. I'm 35+4 and have had the steroids, so I know it's fine...

Froggy - I feel the same way. I read but too busy or tired to post much. Gage is adorable!

Ellie best of luck. Let us know how the scan goes.

Rq those pictures are the sweetest! So cute!!
Ellicain I hope LO is growing nicely and you get a few extra weeks to keep him inside.
Froggy glad you're recovering and that Gage is eating well. He looks super cute!
Same here, i read and I'm too tired to post. I guess that's what motherhood does to us.
I'm feeling better from the strep. Alisa finally gained 4oz this week so now she's at 5lb 15oz.

Rq they are adorable. Happy Valentines indeed!

Froggy what a head of hair he has, and a handsome little man!

Rebecca we're exhausted too, DD has a head cold and has been up all night the past few nights. The twins are feeding every 2 hours, hungry little munchkins. That's a really good weight for Alisa, well done!

Fern how are you doing?

Ellie let us know how your scan goes, fx for lots of growth!

Nimbec are you able to get some rest?

We had our first respite lady come to help us out yesterday. I think it was the first afternoon nap I've has since we brought the twins home. Was really lovely to get a few hours sleep!

image.jpg

2have those are lovely photos, I love that you did white and McKinley stands out in her cute dress. McKinley is a cute little thumb sucker!
I hope she feels better soon!

We're getting a high school volunteer for one hour for 4 consecutive saturdays. She will probably just play with my 4 year old since she needs the attention more than the twins.
I wish I lived in another country it's so hard to be back and work! Damn maternity leave!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->