*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Yeah, my doc is sweet but surly too. He is hard to explain. Sweet but sarcastic? A lot like me actually. He has been practicing a LONG time so I couldn't see him missing two like your nurse almost did!

Rq- did they give you a due date? Online it says mine is January 20 but I think that's still a bit early. My OB delivers twins at 38 weeks so I would think that would be about Jan 25

Rebecca - No he didn't discuss due date and honestly I forgot to ask. He really only said keep doing what I'm doing (ie estrogen, progesterone, vitamin, etc). I also forgot to ask him if I'm released from my limitations, but I'm going to assume I am. I was told no intercourse or baths after my transfer!

Hi everyone a bit quiet on here today. I've been feeling blah since I got up this morning. Nausea has not been my friend today. Normally it comes and goes but today it decided to stay all day. This weekend I plan on chilling and resting as much as possible. DH has plans for us to do some packing but little does he know that may be his solo project lol. What are your plans for the weekend?

Packing sounds dreadful!!
In the mornings and evenings I feel the most sick. During the day I'm usually ok. By 7pm I'm so exhausted that I've been taking cat naps for 20-30 min so that I can get through the rest of the night.

This weekend I plan to stay home and relax. I'm too tired to think about doing anything :)

I am there with you on the exhaustion. I go out tonight with friends so will get a nap as soon as I get home, hopefully the nap will be enough for me to not be a party pooper.

I'm headed to go camping this weekend. Camping Friday night and Saturday night and we are going tubing down the river on Saturday. It's the leisurely kind, not rough. I'll be around a bunch of drunk friends, but it will still be lots of fun. I am tired sometimes but most of the time I still feel pretty energetic. I better be energetic enough tonight to pitch two tents and cook dinner!

Yes, Fern you have a good memory! I'm assuming they are fraternal. We put in 2 5day blasts. They have different sacs and locations: one is in front and one is more back. That's why you can see one really well and the other is shady.
If I have to have twins I'm really hoping they are a boy and a girl - how much fun would that be. Complete our family in one swoop. Two for the price of one.

The doc played a great trick on us. He walked in and asked me how I was. I told him I'm nervous to find out if its one or two. Then he hide the screen for his initial assessment. He turns the screen to me and starts by saying, "Here is your uterus". Moves the wand a little, and then points out the gestational sac, then yolk sac, then baby. Then we could see the heart flicker (so cool!). He did the heartbeat and turned on the sound so we could hear it. Then asks "Are you happy?" and of course we are like Yes, absolutely. So then he goes, "Good, so then you won't be mad at me for this" and then shows us baby number 2! What a butt!! He did say that after looking to our numbers and knowing what he knows that he still wouldn't change a thing in his recommendations. He also warned us about not telling everyone we have twins yet. Just because it is early. But we haven't told anyone we are pregnant but close friends and family and of course they will find out this tidbit too!
Also, the doctor was so happy. That is one thing I love about him. He has the best success numbers in our state and did the first IVF procedure in our state. I know being top doc is important to him, but I also know he loves his job because he just lights up when he can help someone realize their dream of motherhood. It really is special for him, you can just tell.

I go back in 2 weeks, and again in 2 weeks and then I will be released to my OB. I actually will be changing OBs so I have one in mind, but I will have to figure that all out in about a month.

Ohh this is such a great story, I'm overtired and always get more emotional when tired and totally brought me tears :cry: blubbering mess. Yay! I'm so enjoying all of the positivity.

Rw enjoy your tubing & camping, it sounds like fun! Do they know you're pregnant?

Rebecca I can't believe your nurse didn't see the second baby, I'd be asking too!

Praying good luck with the packing.

Hopefully the tiredness snd nausea lets up for you ladies! We're off to coffee Sat morning with friends, a housewarming Saturday evening. A visit with my dad in the nursing home for Fathers day Sunday and then dinner & walk Sun evening with my mom & sister. Auntie hasn't seen LO in ages so it should be fun.

Hi ladies

Rq- that sounds like an awesome weekend. Enjoy every second of feeling fine & energetic, hopefully you are an exception and a twin pregnancy doesn't get you sick too much. Has it started to sink in? xx

Everyone else with a nice leisurely weekend planned, enjoy!

Wow Rebecca I can't believe the nurse didn't think to look for a second baby, surely she could read in your file that you had 2 embies transferred! Luckily you asked.

It's 7:30 am and I'm sitting in my bed where I plan to stay until I've kicked this flu. My fever spiked twice yesterday and I keep having to strip my clothes & lay here panting in the middle of winter! So because it's weekend and I don't have to work, I've cancelled all my plans and am working on getting better. I have my cats and my books. Bliss.

RQ sounds like an amazing weekend! Your dr sounds like a hoot as well!

Fern hope you feel better soon, the flue is the worst.

Packing sounds like my nightmare right now.

Praying hope you had a good girls night.

Yesterday was a good day for me I think. Did a maternity shoot for a friend I had in grade school, which was super fun. It was so hot out though I got really red and they laughed at me. She did great in the heat though, but works in a factory so she was like this heat is nothing! Omg.
Went to the parents after and chit chatted, it was sooo hard not telling them. But I know I am making the right call to wait. At least until the next us which should be by my moms bday so I might do something then.
Suppose to go to an airshow with hubs and his dad and brother, but I really don't want to do. It is so warm and humid today and right now the heat is not my friend, so he has given me permission to bail. I am just going to think about it before I say no for sure though.

RQ sounds like an amazing weekend! Your dr sounds like a hoot as well!

Fern hope you feel better soon, the flue is the worst.

Packing sounds like my nightmare right now.

Praying hope you had a good girls night.

Yesterday was a good day for me I think. Did a maternity shoot for a friend I had in grade school, which was super fun. It was so hot out though I got really red and they laughed at me. She did great in the heat though, but works in a factory so she was like this heat is nothing! Omg.
Went to the parents after and chit chatted, it was sooo hard not telling them. But I know I am making the right call to wait. At least until the next us which should be by my moms bday so I might do something then.
Suppose to go to an airshow with hubs and his dad and brother, but I really don't want to do. It is so warm and humid today and right now the heat is not my friend, so he has given me permission to bail. I am just going to think about it before I say no for sure though.
Do you do photography then? Sounds like your friend was a trooper. I fon't blame you for not wanting to get overheated. They're still delicate at this stage, take care of yourself!

Rq enjoy your weekend!

Fern that sounds horrible! Stay hydrated!

Myshel, I would opt out too. I seem to get super nauseous when I'm hot. It was to the point where my air in my car wasn't cold enough so I wouldn't drive anywhere in the afternoon. I had to go and get it fixed!

Hello ladies :flow:

We have 1 little bean with a heartbeat of 126 bpm!! Keeping my fx'd for a healthy 9 months. :cloud9:

Thanks Fern!! I'm debating if I should put a ticker up or not. I may just wait until my next scan in a couple of weeks. I don't want to jinx anything. I know it sounds silly, but considering my recent history it's totally understandable, right?? It sucks. I want to be happy, but I'm afraid of disappointment again. I don't think the reality has sunk in that I'm pregnant. Or maybe I'm just not allowing myself to realize it, out of self preservation. :shrug:

Boopin as long as you let yourself enjoy the pregnancy at least after the 12 week scan. There were some ladies in my adoption group that refused to buy anything but carseat unt the baby was home safe with them. It was heartbreaking. We go through losses & such trouble to get our beans we deserve to feel the same pregnancy emotions, happiness that regular women do xx:hugs:

Congratulations and a happy and healthy nine months!!

Boopin- I know exactly how you feel.
2have- we don't buy anything until baby is born. we wait to buy car seat, clothes, etc.. We can pick out what we like but personally we decided when I was pregnant with DD that we'd wait so we're doing that this time as well.

My weekend was nice. Was super sick in the morning but by 12 ish was feeling a lot better. I have no idea how I'm going to get through another work week. I start work 8am. Ugh I'm so sick in the mornings.

We had a great weekend camping and tubing. It was hot, but perfect in the water. 2have, it was my best friends and sister in law and they all knew I was pregnant. It was nice not having to try to hide it.

Fern - yes, it had started to sink in some. I am surrounded by awesome family and my husband is amazing so everything will work out great. I hope you get to feeli g better soon!!!

Friday night at the campsite I started to hurt on the left hand side of my abdomen. It felt kinda like a gas bubble. I went to the bathroom thinking that might help but it persisted all night. By the end of the night my whole abdomen was tender if I pushed on it. It scared me and my hubby but the next morning I was feeling better and a few hours after waking up Saturday I was all better. I'm hoping it was just gas or maybe a ligament stretching. I didn't have any spotting or cramping along with it and it felt like my belly was messed up (not uterus), so I'm sure everything is fine in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->