*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

I just want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all the support so far especially with me complaining so much about being sick. Sometimes we all need to vent and it's nice to know that this is a safe place to do so :). I'm actually starting to feel better after spending the whole weekend in bed! :)

Rq that sounds idyllic. I can just picture it. Can't put your foot in the rivers/dams around here, the water is heavily polluted throughout most of South Africa as there are millions of informal settlements everywhere without sewage or sanitation and they use the rivers which all drain into each other of course (although some blissfully ignorant people do watersport in some pretty nasty water; lol eeeuugghhh!!). I must admit I did swim in some dams etc when I was younger, before I started studying microbiology and found out what's really breeding in there. :blush:

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, back to the grindstone! Which reminds me, are you ladies employed full time/part time? Or a homemaker/SAHM? (I wish I could be a SAHM, really do!!). XX

Fern - that sounds awful (the polluted rivers) but makes a lot of sense. I live in Indiana and some rivers are better than others. This one is clean and I washed my hands a lot.

I'm full-time and so is hubby. I make good money so I think since we are having twins, after the birth hubby will prob be a stay at home daddy. Childcare is expensive for newborns and take that times two!!!

Fern- we are both full time. Childcare is super expensive, about $2400 per month for full time (Monday- Friday 8hrs per day)
It's going to cost a lot :)
I'll go back to work within 8 weeks. Well need the money and there's no paid maternity leave in USA. Some states have disability coverage but not IL

I'm not working. We moved right before we started ivf, so we decided it was best that I didn't start a new job. And I'll be a sahm, very thankful to be able to do that!

Froggy, I am quite envious and wish I could be a sahm. We need my salary so it's not an option. Although I don't know how well id do without the structure of work..

I use to work full-time, but after we moved back to Ontario and decided to do iuis and ivfs I needed a mental break. So I started my own photography and craft\art business which has picked up pretty good this summer. It is subsidising some extra income and keeping me occupied, so hubby loves it. After birth I will take a few months off everything and when I need out I will book some sessions. Love making my own schedule!

Glad tubing was fun, I haven't been in years! We went to my parents place and played in the pool this afternoon. Then dad cooked us a big BBQ dinner. He loves cooling for everyone, wouldn't let us do anything. Great night for sure

Fern I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. You're welcome to vent anytime, never judgement from us!

I'm a fulltime designer and couldn't stay at home as much as I love my LO. I'd go absolutely stir crazy. I make excuses to do long walks everyday just to get out. I love our nest too, it's big n comfy but I love my work and need to feel challenged artistically. We'll get a nanny for the kids. 1 child here is 1350 and two is double. You can get a live in nanny for $1500/month and we have a 2 bedroom basement with kitchen, fireplace & big bright windows. It's perfect. I think I might be a little nutty trusting someone though, nanny cam anyone? For now though DH was laid off last June so until he gets back to work he's our daycare. I'm on maternity leave until Oct 1 but I'll need to go back for 4.5 months to accrue another year long maternity leave. So that prob means an Aug 15 return. My doctor said the due date doesn't get adjusted for twins so we'll see what happens.

2have- maternity benefits in the UK are known to be fantastic. Can't imagine having so much time off work. Do you live in the UK?
I would also consider getting a live in, I've never researched it before. I have a 1 bedroom/bath in basement which we save for guests. I would not want to give it up exclusively for a nanny but we will see what the cost looks like.

Hi ladies, Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Apart from going out Friday night I had a pretty chill weekend. Had my absolute worst day on Saturday literally sick the full day :(. I now have bad nausea everyday. Bought some sour candies that help ease it a bit but only as long as the candy lasts.

Both DH and I work full time. I plan on staying home 12 weeks-maybe more if I can as I will try to rack up my vacation between now and then. I plan on getting someone to come to the house to take care of my LO during the day, not really sure about the live in idea. My best friend has an awesome live in which does make us actually consider but for now I will try to get someone to come in everyday at our house. I'll probably get them to start while I'm on maternity leave. Hopefully I will find the perfect person.

Yesterday and today the nausea level dropped considerably. Now I'm making myself crazy that maybe something is wrong. Oh how I hate all of this!!! My mind is set up to see disappointment and I can't wait till Thursday's scan to know that everything is alright 😥

Yesterday and today the nausea level dropped considerably. Now I'm making myself crazy that maybe something is wrong. Oh how I hate all of this!!! My mind is set up to see disappointment and I can't wait till Thursday's scan to know that everything is alright 😥

I know right I drove myself crazy last week over the same thing can't wait until we have our scans so we can have more peace of mind but the nausea now makes me want to be home in my bed not here at the office struggling to focus and do my work. I am trying not to complain about the sickness-I waited so long for this but I just don't feel like myself just feel blah.

I know right I drove myself crazy last week over the same thing can't wait until we have our scans so we can have more peace of mind but the nausea now makes me want to be home in my bed not here at the office struggling to focus and do my work. I am trying not to complain about the sickness-I waited so long for this but I just don't feel like myself just feel blah.

So last week I felt really sick. Now not as much. I feel like calling doc and asking if I come come in earlier for my scan

So last week I felt really sick. Now not as much. I feel like calling doc and asking if I come come in earlier for my scan

If it gives you peace of mind go for it. You don't want to be a nervous wreck stressing yourself out.

Rebecca - If it makes you feel any better at all, I haven't had any morning sickness at all (7w1d w/ twins)! I think it is fairly common to have MS come and go. When I start to worry, I just remind myself that I haven't had any spotting/bleeding with cramping so there aren't any signs that anything is wrong. Also, if something is wrong there is nothing I can do about it anyway so it's a good time to trust God's plan for me! I don't know if this will help, because it is so hard not to worry. Hugs to you either way.

Rq- in theory I wish I could have such faith but life has taught me otherwise.

I called my reg ob and he fit me in for a scan today at noon. Only 2 hours left to worry :)

If today I hear that everything is ok then I'll be ok to wait till scan on Thursday.

Rq- both my miscarriages were missed miscarriages meaning you go for routine scan and then are told there's no heartbeat. So every time I go to a scan I expect to hear that news. I never had cramping or spotting..

Rebecca that is awful and my complete nightmare.
I hope your scan today comes quickly with great news for sure. Sending you positive vibes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->