*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Froggy- I agree with not changing due dates. We know exactly when we got pregnant.
I'm still Feb 10 but doctor won't let me go past January 27.
Im not excited about being induced early but that's really a long way away so we'll see what happens until then.

Crazydog welcome & congrats! I hope to bleeding stops for you, I know how scary it can be. I've mc'd lots and had bleeding also last week. Hopefully it'll slow down and give you time to enjoy pregnancy!

Rebecca the babies look like their smiling. And cute arm buds alright!

Praying, have you tried different foods to calm the nausea? Slurpies and crackers would send me off the rails with sugar rush & crashes making me feel sick. But I know everyone is different! I like snacking on fats & proteins, stuff that doesn't tend to spike blood sugar (which usually sends me straight to nausea): salted avacado, beef or Turkey jerky, yogurt (greek with more protein content than carb), cheese & antipasto, sweet peas, carrots, berries, little tuna/salmon can salads, if I could eat eggs I'd snack on salted boiled eggs, nuts, sea weed wakame snacks, I have to get some peanut butter for pbjs too. I've been drinking lots of coconut water as it really combats bloat. My DD loves it too and it's a juice I don't mind her having as there's no added sugar, a little better than apple juice.

Beemack yes you're right, they cancelled my scan tomorrow. It's just my prenatal GP appointment. I've rebooked the scan requisition for July 13 but I need to see if my doctor is ok with that. Not sure she'd approve if I'm not showing signs of distress (bleeding). I'll talk to her about the mental anguish of waiting after having so many ups & downs lol:haha:otherwise my next on is the 12 week NT & anatomy scan. That's ages away!

Froggy sorry about the constipation, btw what kind of iron are you takng? It's often the culprit of serious constipation. There's liquid Floradix or Spatone that's super easy to absorb & magically no constipation or indigestion. I do a morning feed for DD @ 4:00am and take it with EmergenC (vit C drink). Iron has to be taken 2 hours away from food as it binds to calcium & food hinders absorption. Many prenatals combine a non-heam iron with calcium stupidly and it does terrible things to pregnant ladies.

Hi to everyone else!

They didn't change me. I was never told, I had to use an online calculator, but because we are IVF I got three different numbers on different sites, so I just picked one.
Now that I have a dating scan I want to use that number since it is probably more accurate.

Praying, have you tried different foods to calm the nausea? Slurpies and crackers would send me off the rails with sugar rush & crashes making me feel sick. But I know everyone is different! I like snacking on fats & proteins, stuff that doesn't tend to spike blood sugar (which usually sends me straight to nausea): salted avacado, beef or Turkey jerky, yogurt (greek with more protein content than carb), cheese & antipasto, sweet peas, carrots, berries, little tuna/salmon can salads, if I could eat eggs I'd snack on salted boiled eggs, nuts, sea weed wakame snacks, I have to get some peanut butter for pbjs too. I've been drinking lots of coconut water as it really combats bloat. My DD loves it too and it's a juice I don't mind her having as there's no added sugar, a little better than apple juice.

I have tried snacking on some of those things as well but find one or 2 crackers and an icy juice or gingerale give me relief. I just came back from lunch with a friend and had a tuna salad and now feeling blah again. I get sick with pretty much anything I eat. My bean is really making working me hard lol. I love coconut water if I can get it fresh so will probably try that. I also brought some fruits to work today but definitely do not feel like eating those right now. I read that bananas and watermelon help with nausea so will pick some of those up this weekend.

We are all troopers and I know we can get through this phase especially after going through IVF cycles and our infertility journeys. I really want to enjoy my pregnancy so the sooner I can get over this the sooner I can enjoy it!

Just in case you were interested, I looked it up for you on the website I used that showed the same date as what my Dr told me. According to it your edd is Jan 29th. It shows you to be 9 weeks 3 days.

Thanks froggy, that is pretty neat!

Praying, I just had a tuna sandwich and I feel miserable now. I hate afternoon nausea, can't figure out how to totally get rid of it. Just got some bananas, going to try that.

Myshelsong please let me know if the banana gives you any relief-I may stop at the supermarket on the way home from work to give them a try.

I'm having lentil soup now and it's doing well for my tummy.

2have- I can't believe you have to wait so long for your next scan that's just torture!

My next scan is July 6.

I have the day off work for July 4 I'm super excited to stay in bed and relax!

I don't know if it was just timing or the bananas but I do feel better, started feeling good about 1/2 hour later. I also drank a glass or two of water. I ate the banana very slowly.

So jealous about the amount of scans you get rebecca!! Have a good day off when you get it.

Dh is off sat, sun, and mon. So we are heading to spend the weekend with our friends. We have two dogs, Cashus and Syris, they will be kenneled. They love the place they go to!

Rebecca we'll see, July 13 will prob be the next scan if I have anything to do with it. I can't wait till August, I need to give work notice that I'm coming back early and would like to know they're still alive before I do so. Will let my doctor know this too.

Froggy enjoy the weekend & your friends. We have a toga party BBQ on Friday. I don't think I'll be wearing a toga but maybe we'll bring baby's blankie :haha: will be getting some alcohol free bubbly wine.

Sorry about the nausea ladies. I had pizza at the Italian market and feel great. It's weird because I'm usually gluten free too, wheat makes my skin crawl with ants. We'll see in a few hours... But no feeling of losing my lunch so far:dance:

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

Glad to hear there are other crazy dog ladies among us! I just have one pooch just now, she's an older lady with so much character!

Amazing scan Rebecca, you must be so excited :cloud9:

To those experiencing nausea, I really feel for you. I've not had any so far, and didn't have any with DS. I have however been super hungry all the time, can't eat enough. I am however trying to eat as healthy as possible, I really don't want to put on any unnecessary weight (except on my boobs maybe, another member of the tiny boobs club here!)

I've not had any bleeding yesterday or today, so I'm taking that as a positive sign.

Fern, me too! I'm waiting for those scans today!

Crazydog- I'm actually eating much less then normal. Very small meals. I'm eating more often but just small quantities.

Just got back from the US and all is well. Both babies are healthy. One is measuring 8w0d and the other is measuring 8w1d. Healthy heartbeats (although I don't have the specific numbers). Also, we could see the arm buds. I go to get my hormone levels drawn next week and if they are good then doc will wean me off the estrogen pills and progesterone suppositories.

I would post a pic but honestly it is really graining and pretty unsatisfying. Just two blurry circles with blobs in the center.

my scan also looks like absolutely nothing, lol. but everything is good! although of course I'm still a nervous wreck. saw the baby in the uterus and we could see a heartbeat if I sat really, really still but she wasn't able to have the machine pick it up. I guess that's normal but I don't know if I'll ever be able to just relax :dohh:

doc wants to see me again in 2 weeks for an 8 week scan. I think that's why I'm worrying. I'm so glad to have another scan, but wonder why he wants one. I thought my only high risk factor was an extrauterine pregnancy and now that that's settled, I wonder what else is up.

so yeah, really got no info today just so far, so good, see you in 2 weeks. :shrug:

That's too bad that we don't get any pics from today :(

Glad to hear both of your scans went well!
Rq- I'm just a few days behind you :)

Congrats both of you! Arm buds and a heartbeat <3!
Beemeck in this case no news is good news :) everything is just normal which is great.
I completely understand not relaxing; won't even tell you that you should relax now since I'm finding it impossible myself :).

Hugs!

Myshel- what was the date of your egg retrieval?

here is the scan pic - basically looks like nothing!

Attachments

• bnb.jpg
    bnb.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe