*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Yay! I got the good news that my hormones were great and I can start weaning my estrogen and progesterone. I should be off meds by Monday. Then my last ultrasound with the RE is next Thursday. I'm so excited to graduate off meds and graduate from the RE soon!

Hope you had a nice rest 2have :). Btw your meals always sound delish.

Rq- yay! I'm also going to stop taking progesterone on Monday-ish. It will be so nice to feel like a "normal" pregnant woman with my body doing all the work. I anticipate it being empowering. :)

Rq I'm happy to hear that your hormone levels are good.

I'll start weaning off at 12 weeks which is July 29.

My doctor reviewed my scans and would like me to come not Wednesday for another scan. Yay! Can't wait to see my babies again.

Hello ladies,

Sorry I've not been around much, sounds like you're all doing well :thumbup:

I had my early scan on Tuesday and I don't know how to feel about it to be honest!

I seen the embryo / sac, etc right away, and could see a wee heartbeat flickering away. Then the nurse started to move around to check everything, and to check if there's any reason for my bleeding (there isn't). She then went back to find the heartbeat again and looked a bit concerned and said that the heartbeat was a bit slower than they would like. She did say it could just be the angle they were looking at. She measured and said "hmm, it's a bit smaller than I would expect", then asked the other nurse how far I was along, measured again and said "well, it's not that small".

They want me to go back next week for another scan, at which point they should see growth and a strong heartbeat, or no heartbeat at all :nope:

I appreciate the nurse for not sugar coating things, but I just don't know whether I should be hopeful or not.

I'm also cursing myself for saying in my last post that I didn't have any nausea... it's here! And I've had a bit of a cold type bug the last few days so have been feeling very sorry for myself. OH's being great though, just letting me rest and looking after DS.

Anyway, sorry for the moaning post, hope you're all ok :flower:

Hello ladies,

Sorry I've not been around much, sounds like you're all doing well :thumbup:

I had my early scan on Tuesday and I don't know how to feel about it to be honest!

I seen the embryo / sac, etc right away, and could see a wee heartbeat flickering away. Then the nurse started to move around to check everything, and to check if there's any reason for my bleeding (there isn't). She then went back to find the heartbeat again and looked a bit concerned and said that the heartbeat was a bit slower than they would like. She did say it could just be the angle they were looking at. She measured and said "hmm, it's a bit smaller than I would expect", then asked the other nurse how far I was along, measured again and said "well, it's not that small".

They want me to go back next week for another scan, at which point they should see growth and a strong heartbeat, or no heartbeat at all :nope:

I appreciate the nurse for not sugar coating things, but I just don't know whether I should be hopeful or not.

I'm also cursing myself for saying in my last post that I didn't have any nausea... it's here! And I've had a bit of a cold type bug the last few days so have been feeling very sorry for myself. OH's being great though, just letting me rest and looking after DS.

Anyway, sorry for the moaning post, hope you're all ok :flower:

Crazy, I really hope everything is all right! I know how hard it is to wait and you just be so worried. May I ask what the heart rate was?

hi girls. had a really busy weekend but I'm all caught up. glad everyone seems to be doing well despite some scares. hope everything is alright crazydog - seems like it should be! and diane, I'm thinking of you!

I had a meltdown on Friday of last week. the few symptoms I had disappeared and I was convinced that this isn't going to end well. I am having a really hard time staying calm and/or positive. I feel better since Friday and my symptoms returned, but I'm majorly on edge. Been trying to avoid airing all of my doom and gloom on BNB, so I won't get too into it.

one more week until the next scan. :coffee:

Hey Crazy- I am sure everything will be fine next week. She shouldn't have said anything about the size until she knew how far along you were. Try to have a great restful week and put your feet up. Good luck curbing the ms. I find I have to eat something substantial in the morning within minutes of getting up and I end up feeling pretty good. I snack almost all day on carrots, fruit and the occasional milkshake lol.

I had a horrible dream last night that I woke up and wasn't pregnant anymore. No loss just not pregnant. My worst fear ...

CrazyDogLady-Although I appreciate the nurse's honesty I do wish she understood the stress this would put you through over the next week. Every scan I go for I am on pins and needles in the waiting room. We have all been through so much to get here and I never imagined pregnancy would be so nerve racking. I hope that you can relax as much as you can over the next week and I look forward to you updating us on baby's growth and development.

Crazy, I really hope everything is all right! I know how hard it is to wait and you just be so worried. May I ask what the heart rate was?

Thanks everyone for your kind words. She never said the heart rate, just that it seemed slow, but she was poking (!) around trying to get a better angle. Things is, I seen the heartbeat as clear as day when she first showed me the screen, but then couldn't make it out after that.

I am really worried, and my OH is being more positive, it's usually the other way round!

Beemeck - I hope the next week passes quickly for you. I can understand what you mean about constantly being on edge, not a nice feeling.

Myshelsong - I'm the same, I need to eat pretty much constantly to keep the sickness at bay, but feel worse if I eat too much! I will try eating something first thing tomorrow. What a nasty dream, sounds like the kind that stays with you all day making you feel a bit weird.

Praying - thank you. The nurse kept saying "I'm not going to lie to you", which I did appreciate, but I do wish she had been a bit more positive. I know that one of the other nurses would have put the message across with a bit more optimism.

Crazy, I was in a similar situation my last pregnancy where my RE office freaked me out something was wrong. I picked up the phone and called my OB and he told me to come in and they will take a look that same day. When they did the sonogram everything was totally fine and they reassured me.
I ended up miscarrying but I think it was unrelated to what the RE scared me about.

Crazy & beemeck - you ladies are in my thoughts and I hope& pray everything is just normal and that your embies are growing as they should. Crazy it seems like the nurse was a bit unsure, what counts is that there is a heartbeat.

Every single one of us here have gone through days of no hope/fears/tears/ etc and while it sucks that we all had to go through so much to get where we are today (which obviously makes us all very cautious), at least we have each other to lean on & we all understand. Xxx

Hi ladies:wave:
Crazy I'm sorry you're going through this. Lets jyst hope it was a difficult u/s rather than anything wrong with baby. Another u/s will clear everuthing up but I totally understand the waiting is the hard part. I've had quite a few ups & downs in the past few weeks with bleeding and can totally relate. Especially with a long history of immune issues and mc.
Beemack hang in there, the stress can be terrible. Looking forward to some healthy scans next week!

fern - beautifully put. I struggled with what "pregnancy group" to join. I feel I have nothing in common with the regular feb birth club - lots of women with no fertility troubles. I was going to join the feb rainbows group, but also didn't feel like I fit in. not to put anyone down, but many women on there have multiple children and one chemical pregnancy that happened a bit ago. and I thought it also might too gloomy for me. I was hesitant to join this group because everyone on here has conceived via IVF and I was IUI, But in the end, I feel like this is where I fit in best. We've all spent time getting to this point and worked hard to get here. most of us have prob experienced losses too. I think this aspect is what has defined my journey and my pregnancy - the time and effort it took to get here. I am so grateful to be pregnant and also so terrified that I could lose something I fought so hard for. it's so great to have you all to understand <3

fern - beautifully put. I struggled with what "pregnancy group" to join. I feel I have nothing in common with the regular feb birth club - lots of women with no fertility troubles. I was going to join the feb rainbows group, but also didn't feel like I fit in. not to put anyone down, but many women on there have multiple children and one chemical pregnancy that happened a bit ago. and I thought it also might too gloomy for me. I was hesitant to join this group because everyone on here has conceived via IVF and I was IUI, But in the end, I feel like this is where I fit in best. We've all spent time getting to this point and worked hard to get here. most of us have prob experienced losses too. I think this aspect is what has defined my journey and my pregnancy - the time and effort it took to get here. I am so grateful to be pregnant and also so terrified that I could lose something I fought so hard for. it's so great to have you all to understand <3
I completely relate. I was in a Feb group and not to be offensive but it seemed like a group of high school kids. It was difficult contributing anything as everyone sort of just talked at each other. Not a warm fuzzy feeling and to me it had an air of ungratefulness, we're so lucky to have these babies...we inject, we push suppositories, we take pills, we try to eat well - it's a whole different life. I have a few threads I've been on on B&B with lovely caring mature women (age doesn't come into it, it's all about experience & attitude). I'm super thankful to have these women to have supported me the past 6 years. Without their knowledge on the tricky business of immune issues I probzbly would not have our miracle DD.

In my January group there is a mix of everone. First baby, eleventh baby, iui, ivf, natural conception. I guess I should be lucky I have a good group! But I definitely am so grateful to have you ladies!! It's especially neat that a few of us all cycled together.

Crazy I'm sorry your feeling confused and in limbo. To me it sounds like everything is good. She obviously didnt know how far along you were when she made both of her comments and when she realized how many weeks you are she said that the baby wasn't really measuring small. The heart rate will increase as they grow too . My baby had a heart rate of 124bpm on our first scan and two weeks later it was 178. So maybe she made the heart rate comment thinking you were further than you are. I hope that made sense :hugs:

Crazy- I remember with my daughter (who is almost 4!!) the doctor made a comment about the heart rate being slow. I think it was about 120 maybe a little lower. I remember crying my eyes out thinking I was losing the pregnancy.
I remember asking a different OB and they said they like to see a heart rate at least above 100.

Oh, our first heart rates were 107 and 114, then a week later 161 and 166, so it goes to show there's a wide variety of acceptable values.

Never a dull moment! I am bleeding. Not spotting, it's red and it's pretty heavy. I phoned the doctor, waiting for a call back.

Never a dull moment! I am bleeding. Not spotting, it's red and it's pretty heavy. I phoned the doctor, waiting for a call back.

Rebecca get horizontal & drink lots of water. Hang in there! It doesn't mean anything until you have a scan.

Rebecca - Sending you good vibes!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->