*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

They told me to come in, in the waiting room now. I'll update you shortly.

Hi! Ok so I have a subchorionic hematoma. Just a fancy was of saying blood during pregnancy. Babies are both fine. The doctor saw blood in cervix so I'll probably keep bleeding for the next few days.
In my gut I knew the babies were ok but I wanted to know why I was bleeding.

Rebecca I am so glad they are ok. My heart dropped when I read you first message three seconds ago. I am glad I got to see the news about you being fine before I had a panic attack for you!! How crazy, sorry you are going through this. Oh my goodness, you are a trooper.

Oh wow so sorry you had to go through that Rebecca! Thank heavens it's all ok. Hope it clears up soon.

Ok enough with the bleeding scares now, for everyone on here I hope!!!!!!! xxx

Yep beemeck you belong right here. Your baby needed a lot of extra special care and assistance to finally make it this far, no matter what that method was. Same as all of ours. Xx

Thank you ladies for all your support!

I'm so worried that something will go wrong, something always goes wrong!!
I wish we can all just fast forward till the birth of our little babies :)

Having my first biochemistry risk profile blood tests today.... downs, trisomy 18 & 13. Hoping for the best.

Is anyone else doing that test? I opted out for it, just doing the ultrasounds. Is it covered where you are from? Would you do this test and not the IPT tests that are done a bit later that involve ultrasounds?

Myshel- I don't think we will do the tests either. I believe insurance covers it but I'd rather not know.

Is anyone else doing that test? I opted out for it, just doing the ultrasounds. Is it covered where you are from? Would you do this test and not the IPT tests that are done a bit later that involve ultrasounds?

We do blood tests that show markers for downs & other problems and then the nauchal translucency test when we get to 12 weeks. Bloods are drawn a week before. It's all covered. Yes we'll be doing them. I wouldn't want a surprise come delivery, better to be educated on how to deal with a special baby than not.

With my last pregnancy there was a free trail to do the Harmony test so we did that at 10 weeks. I especially was worried about that one knowing it was a natural pregnancy and DH and I wrre 39 and 44 at the time. High risk for problems. But the babies I'm carrying are donor embryo from a 22 and 28 year old female & make that match our profiles. Everything should be fine.

We do blood tests that show markers for downs & other problems and then the nauchal translucency test when we get to 12 weeks. Bloods are drawn a week before. It's all covered. Yes we'll be doing them. I wouldn't want a surprise come delivery, better to be educated on how to deal with a special baby than not.

With my last pregnancy there was a free trail to do the Harmony test so we did that at 10 weeks. I especially was worried about that one knowing it was a natural pregnancy and DH and I wrre 39 and 44 at the time. High risk for problems. But the babies I'm carrying are donor embryo from a 22 and 28 year old female & make that match our profiles. Everything should be fine.

2have- I didn't realize you used donor embryos. So with donors they don't automatically do PGD? I sort of assumed that's what is done.
I agree that I would like to be prepared in advance if there was a problem, but I'm sort of scared of finding out. i know someone who was told her baby had downs and she spent her whole pregnancy depressed and sad and the baby was born healthy!!

We are doing the test even though our embryos were tested. My re told me that she still recommend the testing because with pgd there is a 1% chance that it was wrong. My sil and her husband had gotten told that their little girl was downs, but they weren't really concerned because the ultrasound showed the baby was developing normally. There would be abnormal development if the baby were truly downs. And I think it's pretty common to need the scan to match with the testing in order to have a diagnosis

We are going to talk ant it tonight. It is not covered by our insurance so would be around 650$, which I really don't want to pay. Ugh more things to worry about.
I am only 34 which is why it isn't covered. 40 + and it is covered

I won't be doing it either Rebecca, for the same reasons. I'm okay to skip it.

Every pregnant lady in Csnada gets the basic Downs and Trisomy screening. If the odds come out high then there's the free option of an amniocentesis (no thanks) or you can pay for conclusive bloodwork. If the bloods + nt showed high chances of Downs or Trisomy we'd do the conclusive Harmony test (@$750). There's no way I'd have high odds hanging over my head the entire pregnancy without knowing conclusively.

It was explained to us that pgd is designed for older couples doing ivf and people with genetic issues in their family. Our donors were young and the embryos were top grade, very unlikely to have issues.

Rebecca - so glad everything is ok!

I've thought about testing, but I have no idea what I'm going to do. I need to meet with an actual OB to discuss further and that won't be for a few more weeks. I figured they would explain all my options then. That is one of the downsides of RE/fertility treatments, you get all these ultrasounds but you miss the initial visits with your OB. Since I'm a new time mom it would have been nice to get some additional info. I'm changing OBs and my RE will refer me to my new OB in a week.

Every pregnant lady in Csnada gets the basic Downs and Trisomy screening. If the odds come out high then there's the free option of an amniocentesis (no thanks) or you can pay for conclusive bloodwork. If the bloods + nt showed high chances of Downs or Trisomy we'd do the conclusive Harmony test (@$750). There's no way I'd have high odds hanging over my head the entire pregnancy without knowing conclusively.

It was explained to us that pgd is designed for older couples doing ivf and people with genetic issues in their family. Our donors were young and the embryos were top grade, very unlikely to have issues.

That's right. The IPT test is totally covered but it sounds kinda horrible having to wait so long and there being so many false negatives .... On the other hand we will get to see the little guy again, which is why I am thinking we should just do it. :dohh:

Rq ive been thinking the same thing about the re. With my first pregnancy I had my initial ob appt and got to ask a bunch of questions. At my re it's only scans and nothing else. I'm so looking forward to the ob !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->