*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Fern it really is horrible. There is so much pressure to be "perfect " now days. My weight fluctuates a lot, but I'm the biggest I have ever been and I blame it on two rounds of Stims. I'm lucky my dh likes me a little thicker, he is always telling me that he loves my body, so that kind of helps me not be too hard on myself.

Froggy I'm happy your hubby doesn't pressure you about your weight. Especially since it's so difficult to maintain when cycling.
My mother in law is so critical of my weight, she literally watches everything I eat. I feel so self conscious around her.

Rebecca, that's not good about your mil! What happens with baby comes? Will she be overbearing?

I lost 60+ pounds before ttc 6 years ago. With the failed cycles & depression my weight has fluctuated a bit too. I've got pregnant naturally twice when I was losing weight, mc the first and welcomed our DD last year. It's easier for me to lose by cutting out carbs and mainly having veg & protein sort of paleo diet. I'm convinced it's good for my fertility. My DH met me at a bmi of 28, in married life I got up to 31 and when I was having troubles ttc my gf who's a nurse said I should get down to a low bmi if I wanted either my hormones to work properly or to respond to ivf stims. So I took a year and dropped the weight dosn to ~ a bmi of 24. I still didn't respond to ivf drugs, in fact my fs joked to my horror that my eggs actually got smaller :dohh: but I finally found what works for me to lose weight and maintain. I had been unhappy for so long and while I now can't seem to get pregnant, at least I figured out how to be a bit happier with the body.

It seems there's always a struggle of some sort right? In the next 5 years it'll be with money and kids for us. DH lost his job June 2015 and he's not expecting anything soon (he's very specialized in oil) and we'll have 3 kids all under the age if 2. Hoy! Fun times!

Oh wow 2have that's not a nice position to be in :( hope he finds a good job soon against all odds. X

Rebecca- mil sounds exhausting! I'm also curious to hear if she is that overbearing in other aspects of your life too? You are one strong lady to be able to deal with her even while she is making you feel so self-conscious.

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

So far it seems like yesterday was just a 24hr stomach flu, feeling normal again. Still hoping it wasn't ms starting up hehe.

Hi everyone. So we had our scan on Saturday and our little bean was dancing away-so cute I can't stop smiling. Next scan 3 weeks.

So we gave my parents and brother the I love my grandma, grandpa and uncle onesies today to announce our pregnancy. They were so clueless. My dad put it on his head and my mom thought it was for our dogs:dohh:. A true lol moment. Once we explained the point of the onesies they were so excited and smiling from ear to ear. I told them we don't want to tell anyone else until we are further along but I expect my dad will be the weakest link and somehow will let it "slip" in his excitement lol. DH sent his sister the I love my aunty onesie picture and she figured it out instantly. She was super excited even started crying. Said she can't believe she's finally going to be an aunty. Feels good to have everyone just as excited as us!!

We won't be announcing to anyone else they will know when they see my bump. Well apart from work, I'll be telling my manager at 12 weeks.

Fern glad you are doing better!

Praying that is such a cute story. Glad everyone eventually figured it out lol!! Your sister in law sounds adorable. Glad your scan went well!

Fern I'm so happy you're feeling better today.

Praying- that's so sweet i love your announcements!

I keep begging DH to let me tell people already and he's being so stubborn about it.
My mother in law is very opinionated I've just learned to never disagree with her opinion or she'll jump down my throat.
She's really sweet and nice and very generous with gifts but she also has a wicked side to her ;)

Praying- awww lovely announcement story & so happy your bubs is doing well!!

Rebecca so nobody knows yet? Lol you have more self-discipline than I do! My family has already started giving our baby small gifts and we all have a nickname for him/her.... Sometimes I worry about what we'll do if it's a mc but then again we have 2 more embies so I don't want to think about being childless atm... (which was pretty much my future until this past May!). It will be so nice once you guys do announce and feel comfortable with it, especially after your history. X

Rq- how do you feel post-meds? :)

I also stopped taking crinone yesterday so no more messy underwear lol, so I thought but TMI I'm having blobs of what I think is mucus plug discharge hahaha! Always a new surprise around the corner lol.

Well after our scan on Saturday we decided we'd wait until my next scan but yesterday morning when we got up DH said well let's tell our immediate family. Before that none of our family knew and it was killing me to let someone in on our secret lol.

So we finally fully moved this weekend. OMG moving is so much work, I do not envy anyone who has to constantly move. We still have a bit to do to get everything fully organized/put away but we are getting there. It's so exciting waking up in a new home and neighborhood.

Fern- my sister in law knows. By hubby doesn't know I told her...

2 more weeks and then we tell our parents.

So I went on the scale this morning and looks like I gained 2 pounds so far. I guess it's finally catching up to me :)

2 lbs is good Rebecca. I'm sure I gained 4/5 so far. They didn't weigh me the last visit but the last few dr visits my weight stayed the same but last week I was eating like a pig. Back to healthy eating/snacking this week.

hi girls!

praying - love the announcement to your fam!!! :happydance:

we did things very differently since everyone in my family knew of our struggles (everyone knew about our first loss and that we had tried for it, and they knew that we were going to start trying again) so we announced to my entire fam on father's day. got it on camera so it's a great moment :flower: now hopefully nothing goes wrong!

fern - I've been having that mucous-y discharge for a bit now. I wonder if you had been too, but didn't notice with the progesterone. I'm not on progesterone so I've been able to tell that's it's been there for a little more than a week. although oddly enough, it's only really coming out in toilet when I pee :shrug:

hope everyone is feeling well! I still feel totally fine and am a little freaked out, but have some other symptoms that I'm trying to remain calm with. boobs are still sore (off and on) and omg I'm breaking out like mad!

wearing the belly band today :dohh: couldn't even make it to 8 weeks :blush: pants are just not buttoning. size 0 is very unforgiving. you gain a pound and you've overstayed your welcome ! :haha:

beemeck I picked up a belly band on the weekend. I will soon need it for some of my work pants that I felt were getting tighter in the waist. Sorry to hear your "girlies" are sore.

I get the discharge too! It's yucky!

Rq are you feeling any difference being off of progesterone? I have a little more energy now and my bloating has gone down.

Beemeck, I'm already wearing maternity clothes! I started full time last week. My tummy is just poking out too much for regular clothes.

Praying your announcement sounds so adorable!

Rebecca, 2 lbs is good! Since you aren't able to eat much, it's probably increased blood volume.
I found this on WebMD

Baby: 8 poundsPlacenta: 2-3 poundsAmniotic fluid: 2-3 poundsBreast*tissue: 2-3 poundsBlood*supply: 4 poundsStored fat for delivery and*breastfeeding: 5-9 poundsLarger uterus: 2-5 poundsTotal: 25-35 pounds

Afm, I have my first OB appointment tomorrow! I'm really excited! And I'm only a week away from 2nd tri, I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone so far. It still feels so surreal. I have seen him moving around, and I hear him all of the time on my doppler, but sometimes I have to think "is this real?" It's like we have prayed to God for so long for this, and then boom, God said OK here you go! It's weird!

For such a simple contraction, I must say its amazing ! And the girls (though they have grown a lot) are small so luckily they don't get in the way much lol.

Hi ladies! I took my last progesterone dose Sunday night so I've only been off for one day. So far so good. No cramping or anything like that, so I think the placenta is doing it's job. I did sleep better last night and maybe made one less trip to the bathroom. I had to switch from IM to the vag suppositories due to an allergic reaction, so I'm not sure I'll be less bloated but that sure would be nice. I have days where my jean don't fit and the next day they fit great. I can feel my lower belly starting to get hard. I'm sure my uterus is working on poking above that pelvic bone because of the twins.

I have my last RE ultrasound Thursday. Then my first OB appt 7/26. My boss just told me that I might have a work trip that week so I'm a little nervous of the timing. The OB office had to squeeze me in just to get that appt. I started to worry and then I told myself not to stress and wait to deal with the situation as it unfolds. My boss is new and he lives out of state. He comes to the office 1-2 weeks a month. Since I don't know him really well it's hard to discuss personal issues and I'm not sure when I'm going to tell him.

For some reason I'm really shy about being pregnant and I'm nervous about telling people outside of my family. Couldn't tell you why. I know my work team would be fine about it. Is anyone else feeling that way?

Froggy I can't believe you're basically 12weeks already! Please remind me again, will you be doing the nt scan etc tomorrow? Hope it all goes so well. Congrats on the maternity wear :) I think all of us have slightly bigger bumps due to ivf/meds swelling but so what it's part of our hard won battle scars :).

Rq- oh my gosh I feel exactly the same! At first I was so excited to tell close family and friends but now I don't want to tell anyone else. It feels so personal all of a sudden!! I haven't even told the friend who was one of my bridesmaids. ... and I don't want to lol. I don't think I'm being rational but yeah, there you go. Gl telling your boss!

RQ - glad you are doing well off the progesterone, I still have another week as per my fertility clinics instruction. But I don't think we are doing any bloods to confirm... So I am nervous.

Rebecca 2 lbs is great!

Making a hearty veggie soup today to have during lunches and snacks when I want. Getting bored of carrot sticks so this is a good option for me to get my veggies in! Added some quinoa so it has almost everything.

Myshel your soup sounds amazing!

Fern, I know this sounds horrible, but I really have no idea what tomorrow will be like. I'm going to ask all of these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->