*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

I just spoke with my nurse, tomorrow I will have a full physical, go over medical history for me and dh, have blood drawn, and urine test and talk about genetic testing. I think that me and dh are leaning toward no nt scan.

Wow, lots going on today!

Froggy it's interesting that you say you feel like time has flown for you. I feel like the days are endless and just not moving!! My due date is so far away I just want to meet my babies already!

Rq- can't wait to hear about your appt Thursday. Mine will be tomorrow morning, and I'm so anxious to see my babies. No OB appointment scheduled yet.

Myshelsong - your soup does sound delicious you've inspired me to go make a pot of soup. I'll think I'll throw some beans in there to add protein. I hope I have all the veggies on hand I am too lazy to go shopping.

Time is flying by for everyone!! I get so excited when I see updates from everyone. We will all soon be in the second trimester!!

Myshelsong-your soup sounds really good and I like Rebeccas's idea of adding beans, I love red kidney beans.

I see alot of you ladies are weaning or already off of your support meds. I am still on mine and should be off them completely by 12weeks. I have to do daily clexane injections so that part I can't wait to be over for sure. My tummy looks like a battle ground with bruising atm.

Ahh, I'm with Rebecca, I feel the dsys are endlesss snd I want things to get moving already!
On the topic of soup, I've befn wanting to learn how to make bone broth soup for a long time. It's meant to be great for your immune system. What does one do for say a chicken bone broth soup?

Ahh, I'm with Rebecca, I feel the dsys are endlesss snd I want things to get moving already!
On the topic of soup, I've befn wanting to learn how to make bone broth soup for a long time. It's meant to be great for your immune system. What does one do for say a chicken bone broth soup?

I make chicken soup all the time. I don't necessarily only use bones I use a whole chicken. I put the chicken in a cheesecloth bag since I don't like it falling apart all over the soup.
Lots of veggies (carrot, celery, onion,zucchini, parsnip, turnip, fresh dill)
And a just salt for the spices.

Cook for about 4-5 hours

Bone broth is easy, I make it regularly then freeze it in ice cubes to use for later dates. I save up my chicken bones and freeze them until I have enough to make a big batch. You can make it a few different ways.
I like to use browned/cooked bones - so from a cooked chicken or cook it after deboning a chicken. I start the stock with celery, onion, carrots, water and the chicken bones. I boil on low for a few hours, add salt and once the water is reduced by half I strain and it is ready to go. You can add spices, use the stock for soups, freeze for use later (like in rice and pastas), super easy and better than store bought stock.

Soup turned out great, more of a veggie stew consistency I put so many veggies in. So tasty, glad I made it!

Good luck on your physical froggy.

Can't wait to hear about everyone else's appointments, I feel mine are so far and few compared to you guys.

Thsnks ladies for the tips. I'm going to make some this weekend :)

Good morning!

I think we have two boys :)

The tech said its not 100% accurate but it looks like boys.

I'll send pictures of them a bit later.

omg rebecca - so early! congrats! hope it's what you were hoping for :flower:

rq - how funny - my scan is tomorrow also and I'm trying to schedule my first OB for the 26 too!

I know nothing about bone broth soup as I am vegan - ick. but the veggie soup sounded wonderful! :haha:

so I went to my first prenatal yoga class last night. It's early, but I've been wanting to start for awhile. my friend who had a stillborn and is pregnant again said her therapist told her it would be good to go in the beginning to make us feel pregnant. I have to say omg it was wonderful! I feel amazing and I feel a lot more connected and optimistic than I have been. I'm going to try and go twice a week now. I just feel so great and if everything is going well, will be so thankful for this smooth pregnancy.

scan is tomorrow. super nervous as always. just want everything to be okay.

Enjoy your soups ladies!!

And all the best with your scan today Froggy. Fx everything goes really well. I'm the same, don't know everything that I can expect in the next few months. Just feeling so overwhelmed with all the tests and exams and procedures; I just take it appointment by appointment.

Ugh today is one of those days when I think baby has stopped growing :/ WHY do we have to suffer so much doubt! Myshel I also don't have many scans as I have to pay cash for them all! So I've only had 1 at 7w3d and the next will only be at 12w3d. Torture!

Rebecca - wanted to say gl for your scan today as well and then just saw your update, so glad it's all going well!

Lots of scans this week :) gl for the ladies going tomorrow! Xx

fern I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I have been feeling like that most days. not sure if you are able to, but the prenatal yoga really helped me de-stress and get rid of some of the anxiety. I haven't been able to shake it until then.

Fern- I know the feeling well. I literally didn't sleep last night I was so anxious for my scan.
I'm a bit surprised that they don't offer more scans. Would you be able to call and tell them that you really would like a scan?
Today my tech told me that I can come any morning without an appointment and she will fit me in.

Good morning ladies. Yummy soups I may just have to do a pot this weekend. GL on all the upcoming scans and I can't wait to hear how much you little beans have grown!

Baby B

B was being difficult today and wouldn't let the tech get a nice picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
Awww lovely scans Rebecca. Baby B was not into a photo shoot this morning!!

Lovely scans Rebecca! I have my next scan on the 20th and that's when we announce. I'm very excited!

Great pics Rebecca! <3
I can actually go for private scans or a scan at my new ob way more often; in fact I had one booked at 10weeks. The problem is that my medical aid fund doesn't pay for ANY pregnancy appointments (unless you are admitted to hospital) and the scans are so expensive. We are not very well-off financially so we have decided to only have the scans that are deemed medically absolutely necessary by the dr. So I ended up cancelling the 10week scan and only had the blood tests done. If I had better medical insurance I would go every week or so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->