*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Try and relax Nimbec, stop with the digitalis they are the worst! Just try and get through until the ultrasound. Trust me I know easier said then done.

Rebecca, glad you told them. That is so exciting!

Praying I hope the exhaustion lets up soon Hun.

I am super procrastinating cleaning the house. Omg I just want to watch scandal all day long on Netflix ....

Thanks ladies yes I have banned myself from anymore tests lol! They are not good for my sanity! I'm still off work very swollen and sore, my blood results are still out of kilter hence why I'm feeling so rough BUT so pleased with my beta and I'm getting better - apparently it could take Upto 14 weeks of pregnancy before I feel right again.

Oh Fern my edd is 15th March but I'm guessing it may change.

Myshel I know that feeling!

Hope everyone is ok - when are people's next scans? We must have some coming up?

Hi ladies, how is everyone today?

Froggy I have to agree with you, boys names are hard. Since we're team yellow we'll need to have 2 boys, 2 girls, and 1 of each ready:wacko:

Nimbec roll on Thursday, I'm sure you'll see a strong heartbeat!

RQ a wee bit odd to find a pro-life group at a county fair? Cute models.

Rebecca parents reactions can be funny. My mom was so defensive at first. She told us she wasn't going to babysit, and then she told me that our GP asked her if she's going to get a few toys for her house she declared that she wasn't going to have time for any of that. Why tell me something that negative? My doctor said she's got a huge chip on her shoulder but when baby comes she'll soften & fall in love. That's exactly what happened. But I confronted her about her behaviour - I asked her why she's being so negative she apologised. I said I don't care what she tells other people but I don't want to hear it and when she's around DH and I to keep it positive or don't say anything at all. There was only 1 more incident when my aunt asjed if she was going yo sew or knit for baby abd she said no way she's got a life (ahem, she's retired and enjoying loads of free time). Now she has me running to get her toys, playpens, babygates, and asking when she can spend time with DD next.:dohh:

Myshelsong, you are a photographer? I have complete respect for all the work that goes into set up, getting that perfect shot, lighting, angles, getting a hot baby to smile while looking into the sun. Oh man, you have a tough job! I got all the props ready well beforehand and knew we were going to set up either in mom's or the neighbour's back garden. The neigbours had a children's toy horse and more blooms so that sealed the deal. They were thrilled to be asked to use their garden, all of their hard work complimented. The tough part was getting MacKinley to not grab the balloons behind her, she was so distracted. And then she saw the cupcakes lol which she can't have (sugar). In the end, there was 1 perfect shot of her smiling and the garden angle was perfect and 1 very clear shot of the table. So I transposed the table onto the other shot. Thank goodness for Photoshop!
Stay cool! Drink loads of water & coconut water (water washes potassium out of your system leaving you with potential for bloating & restless legs when it's super hot). Take care!

Praying, Beemack. Fern, Ellie, evwryone else that I've missed roll on the weekend and I hope you're all doing well.

I'm at home for the next 3 days alone with baby. Grandma, aunt, and DH are all out of town. I took her on a coffee date this morning with my work team, they all commented on how well behaved she was. They chalked it up to her being the Chinese sign of a lamb and said the twins coming next year, the year of the lion will have payback :muaha:

nimbec-I've read where people go totally nuts with those digis waiting for the number of weeks to change without any success. If you can I would say step away from the tests lol

Fern-Sigh yes if only I could lay i bed all day with staff at my beck and call, cleaning up, washing dishes etc that would be awesome!

Myshelsong-I procrastinate every weekend when I am off from work-hence why very little has been done by me since our move (Thank God for DH)

My next scan and testing is next Friday-29th at 9am and I can't wait!!

I have to agree with praying about the tests, the thing is your urine will be more concentrated one day over another and if you're close to a threshold of 2-3 or 3-4 and you have a test done with less concentrated urine it'll be inaccurate & stres you out. Never mind cost you a small fortune in tests. I tested the week after transfer and then went by betas. Take lots of folate, drink lots of water, walk, read, whatever you need to do to ease the stress. xx

2have- my mom sounds like the opposite of yours. She hasn't stopped buying baby toys for my daughter since the minute she was born. She keeps a toy kitchen in her living room for when we come visit. She is thrilled behind worlds but I made her promise that she's not buying a single thing until the babies are born (well she doesn't know about both :) )
I'm very superstitious and I don't buy anything until after the birth. I won't even have a baby shower.

Lots of scans coming up next week, yay!!

My farewell at the RE is tomorrow, I can't wait!!!

I was up again last night from 5am-6:30 so I ordered myself a pregnancy pillow. I figured I'll give it a try.

Nimbec - I've heard lots of stories where the CB digi gives those kind of results (2-3 weeks when the woman is 4-6 weeks along). I think it causes a lot of unnecessary anxiety. You can look for them on the forum if you want some reassurance.

Rebecca - I like my pregnancy pillow but I'm having trouble giving up sleeping on my stomach. I figured I will use the pillow full time after I can't sleep on my stomach anymore. Also, I find it is quite warm and we are in the middle of summer so I'm not using it full time because of the heat.

Nimbec- my 12 week fetal assessment scan is on monday (12w3d). This will only be my second scan and I'm not loving the wait!

Love pillows. I always sleep with one pillow between my knees and another huge fluffy goose down pillow squished against my tummy and in between my boobs lol! Dh hates all my pillows but I can't get comfortable if I don't prop everything up. And I have to hold something... usually just the fluffy pillow but sometimes one of my cats too (especially now that it's winter, they are soooo cuddly!).

Nimbec- added your edd. And Rebecca I changed your :yellow: x2 to :blue: x2.

3 more sleeps until my scan!! I had a dream about seeing baby on the scan. He/she had very long & thick thighs like my husband lol and was making chewing/lip smacking motions (with my constant hunger and eating I complained to dh last night that I'm teaching my baby to be a glutton lol!). :) I'm definitely going to ask if dr can start guessing the sex... however both my sister and my cousin thought they were having boys and at the 20week scan found out they were girls (their babies' external genitalia just happened to be swollen due to hormonal surges at earlier scans) so if that's a trend in our family I'm going to wait for 20weeks to confirm. But it will be nice to have an educated guess in the mean time!
Do any of you have a "feeling" regarding your baby's/babies' sex?

I'm so excited for your 12w scan Fern! You'll be able to see so much more detail. I've got my first scan a week today and I'm a bit nervous, but mainly excited. Will be good to find out how many.

Gender... I always picture myself with a little girl. I started seeing her face after my cp last year. DH would like a boy because he's the only son of an only son of a Victoria Cross recipient, so he feels quite a duty to pass on the family name.
I know we will both be delighted with whatever we get, but our different preferences makes me want to know the gender even more. I can't think of how horrible it round be to have any kind of gender disappointment. I'm sure we wouldn't feel that anyway, but I think it would be better to prepare. I want to have a strong connection with my baby (babies) before I meet them, and I feel like knowing their gender(s) would help with that.

Hi all, can't believe I'm on this thread with you! :) xx

Fern- the tech told me when she looked at the weenies she said there's a chance it can be girls with swollen girl parts. I'm ok with knowing that it's not certain.
I'm so happy my first is a girl. I had no preference and we didn't find out till she was born, but it's really fun having a girl.
DH was kind of disappointed it wasn't a boy but she's really a dads girl so I think he's ok with it by now :)
I can't wait to tell her I'm pregnant she's going to be so excited. She pretend plays all the time that she's a big sister, she's dying for a baby sibling, she's going to get the surprise of her life :) :)
Well wait to tell her till I'm much further along or until she notices it herself. When my friend was about 30 weeks she asked her point blank, "do you have a baby in your belly?"

I'm up at 5:50am today. These damn birds chirping at my window woke me. Then I had to get up and pee and eat a snack...I've got just a few hours left until my scan.
Happy 11 weeks to me. And Fern, happy 12!! 4 more days for you, you'll get there!!

Welcome ES so glad you joined!!

Hi and welcome ES! So happy to have you. The ladies on here are so nice, kind and supportive, I know you will feel right at home. :) I will add you to the first page. When you know your EDD I will add it too!

Rebecca- happy 11weeks! Well, just stay team blue until (IF) proven otherwise, why not! It's your twinnies, your joy, your choice to be excited about whatever you choose during these next 6 months. :) :) I'm also going to get excited if dr takes a guess on the gender, and STILL be excited if she is maybe proven wrong. Same as you and Ellie, I won't have gender disappointment (can imagine that would be hard and my heart goes out to ladies who go through it).

Hi ladies, welcome ES so nice to be able to see you over here :)

Fern I bet you can't wait, it will be here before you know it & I can't wait to see a piccy.

Ellie I know the feeling I have a scan next Thursday and it seems so far away - doublely exciting for you as you find out if one or two....do you have a gut feeling?

No news here in just shattered, tried to do some work today and it exhausted me 😞. I am going back to the office part time next week as I literally have to, my ohss has improved a lot I'm still rough and white cells raised but I think it's now a mix of genuine first tri tiredness too! I'm also wondering when ms kicks in...I had hyperemesis with my first so praying I don't get that again... So far so good but I guess it's early days lol!

Hope everyone else is ok

Nimbec, I'm going to call them in about an hour to get it. I took the sample to the lab by hand and even spoke to a tech. I told her that it was a second bHCG to check for doubling and she said they'd do it as a priority! Everyone is so kind and nice.

I think I have just one in here, just a feeling. I'm sure I have a little girl. The more I think about it, the clearer she looks in my mind. I'm totally in love with my future child already.

I'd like some guesses on one or two before Friday, to put in my diary. What do you girls think?

My shellac nail artist, Jen, did my seahorses today. I told her last year that, if I asked for seahorses, it meant I was pregnant. She as so happy to do them for me! She has had 4 clients get pregnant this year and we reckon it's a lucky chair. I think it's also Jen, who is a calming influence and has seen me through all kinds of heartache.

Excuse the wrinkly hands...
https://i63.tinypic.com/eqz703.jpg
Each little finger has a white heart too... I am still channeling twins, despite my gut feeling.

Edit: I called. It's 9148 !!!!!!!!!!

Doubling time is 42.72 That's good, right?

Wow Ellie that is a fabulous number!! Very good doubling time :) happy for you!! Love the nails too very nice. I think you have Twins on board...just a gut feeling I don't know why though.

Ladies I have a personal question to ask....when did you resume business in the bedroom? I think I'm meant to be on a ban until 12 weeks but the pregnancy has made me seriously frisky 🙈!

Ellie - great beta numbers. Love the nails/seahorses. I'll go with your gut instinct and say one.

Nimbec - I was told to hold off until my first appt. That was at 6 weeks. Then we started up again, even though I forgot to ask MD if restrictions were lifted. We have been having sex since 6 weeks without any issues/spotting.

I was on restriction until our second beta. She told me as long as I didn't have any spotting or bleeding, it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->