*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Rebecca sorry to hear you had such bad cramping. Isn't it nice when the doctors take personal time to see how you're doing? My ER doctor called me during my 7 week sch to see how I was doing and make sure I'd stopped bleeding. Never had that happen before apart from my awesome GP.

Pinkie, I don't think the eating thing will get any easier. I will not gain very much this pregnancy guaranteed with the kind of reactions I'm getting to sweet and carby foods. I hate leftovers and don't like repeats so it gets challenging to figure out what to eat next.

I hurt my back carrying DD yesterday. I'd taken the day off and we spent some quality time together since DH and I had been off painting the whole weekend. It broke my heart to hear grandma say that DD had tears in her eyes on occasion while staring off into space. Thinking she was missing us, sweet thing! But omg, I'm getting sharp pains around to the front along my left rib from my spine. We had a great day together but I've been walking crooked ever since.

Oh man, I lost my message.

Ok, to keep it short because I don't feel like typing it all again.
Doppler at my MD appt yesterday was good (no US). Waiting for a call when my 20 week US is scheduled.

Rebecca - glad you are ok.

Fern - hope you and DH are doing well.

2have sorry about your back. My DD knows I don't carry her anymore, I'm just too afraid to hurt myself. I guess with your LO you have no choice since she's still so little.
Tuesday my daughter will be 4! I can not believe how big she is! We're making a small birthday party at a local restaurant for family. Well bring a cake and balloons, she will love it!

Rq I'm glad to hear your babies are good.

Anatomy scans for us all are coming up real soon. Yay!!!

2have, I don't think I am going to gain too much weight at this rate either, so far I have lost weight. I don't have a reaction to types of food, I just can't stomach anything the thought of eating brings on my nausea. Let's hope we are given a bit of a break as things progress. Wishful thinking. Sorry to hear you've pulled your back, be careful with that.

Rq, good news the babies are doing well.

Rebecca, happy birthday to your little girl.

I had my 16 week midwife appointment today and everything is good, urine and all bloods came back fine, blood pressure good and heard babies heartbeat again. Everyone is happy with the way things are going. Finally I think a bump is forming. Today was the first day I had to change my trousers because they were uncomfortably tight, yey, never thought I'd be so happy to get a big belly. Maternity clothes shopping here I come.

X

Rebecca glad to hear you are OK, that must have been scary!

2have - take it easy. Shame can imagine you can't just not pick up your baby.

Pinkie- was thinking of you during your family visit, glad you enjoyed it!

Good news that everyone's scans and/or ob visits are going so well!

I'm not even 16 weeks and I'm so excited to have these babies already!

I already called insurance about lactation support and breast pumps.
How the heck will I wait another 22 weeks to meet these babies???

I'm trying to keep busy and distracted but it's so hard!

Pinkie enjoy your shopping! So glad to hear your scan went well!

Rebecca I share your excitement in between my bouts of bad food tastes, nausea and back pain:haha:

I have ordered my beast pump, it should be on its way tomorrow. They called me on Thursday and said that they had already submitted to my insurance. I'm getting the Ameda.

My 2 gf's who just had their babies last week have said the pump is a blessing. The one thinks her nipples are too sensitive to bf, I reassured her it goes away after 2 weeks if baby has latched properly. If you ladies have never googled baby breastfeeding latch problems there's some really great images and reading out there to save yourself a whole lot of pain and nipple ache. They're both using the pump to help get the milk going and give the nips a break. I was black & blue on both sides the first week with MacKinley so I'd pump and feedher from the bottle during the night which helped DH and I alternate sleep. Helped my nips heal and then she was good with either the bottle or breast, whereas other infants in our birthing class who weren't given a bottle till 6 months had a hard time accepting it.

Rebecca how was bf-ing for you?

My next scan is one week from today!! But anatomy scan only 6 weeks after (at 24 weeks) since I'm not going every 4 weeks. It's good to hear that the moms who already know what newborns are like, are still very much looking forward lol.... must admit I'm very scared of the newborn stage (excited but scared!).

Man, this weather is nice. I wish you could all share this Spring day with me. :)

Bf was a challenge for me. I have inverted nipples so it's harder to nurse. Also, we were living by my in laws since our house was under construction and I found the living arrangements stressful. I didn't have privacy while nursing and was uncomfortable nursing in front of DHs family. Since I had been recovering from a c section it was difficult for me to go upstairs to my room every time baby needed to eat. On top of all of that, and maybe due to the stress I lost most of my milk supply so I ended up supplementing after each feeding. I was sleep deprived and hormonal and just miserable!
This time around DH will hire help for 24 hours so she can care for the babies while I sleep. I will wake up to feed them but then I can go right back to bed and I won't need to diaper and burp, etc.
Hopefully that will get me through the first 6 weeks when it starts to get easier.
I would like to make an appointment with the lactation consultants at the hospital since my insurance covers unlimited visits during pregnancy and after birth and I will make a plan with them so I am prepared!

Oh Rebecca that sounds awful! You definitely need privacy when feeding and pumping, lots of walking around topless at my house:haha: I'm glad your DH has tried to help you out with some hired help this next go, hopefully your experience changes to a positive one!:thumbup:
We saw 3 different doctors to assess if her latch was correct and the third, and especially after seeing how black and blue I was, said she wasn't latched correctly. We were referred to a consultant and I cried on the way over because I thought they'd have to snip her tongue. I was terrified of this! Turned out she was a lazy feeder, she'd fall asleep 1/2 way into feeding and wouldn't get the amount she needed. So we had to keep her awake. The biggest indication that your baby is tongue tied well is if you hurt alot and you see a massive tissue under their tongue or over their top set of gums.
tonguetied.jpgtonguetiedtop.jpg

Hi ladies. My anatomy scan is scheduled for Sept 13th. I'm excited to be able to find out genders in 3 weeks.

Today kinda stinks at work because it's a stressful day. I think after the babies are born (and we move) I'm going to find a different job. I'm in pharmacy so I'm thinking of going back to hospital work. But I need to stay at my current job for maternity benefits. Some days are good and some are bad. We also go a new manager who isn't good. Some days I just count down to leave. Like today....5 months!

I'm also considering whether to book an elective scan for my MIL's birthday. We are going to visit them from Sept 17-24. They just moved out of state and MIL was really upset she wasn't going to get a chance to see the babies on US (we are close). The only problem is it will only be a week from my 20 week anatomy scan. It's $129 for a package and I guess the reason I'm on the fence is the fact that if I was going to pay/get an elective scan it would prob be better to do it when I am further along. What do you guys think?

RQ, I did one for my mom to see him on ultrasound at 16 weeks, but I'm planning on doing another one around 30 weeks. I think you could always do another one later.

My fingers are on and off swollen too from retaining water. I'm only able to wear my wedding band now as its a little looser than my engagement ring. I'm thinking about ordering one of those silicone rings. Dh has one that has replaced his ring because it's safer for his work.

Rebecca, sorry I missed your post about the cramping, glad everything is ok sounds like the Little ones are doing some growing. Sorry to hear BF was so difficult with your DD but it also sounds like you were not in the best place to make it successful for you. I hope things are easier for you this time around.

2have, thanks for the tip on looking online, I just done a bit of research and there is a lot on there, there are also some really good videos. It's a lot more in depth than just putting the baby on your breast, there is a real technique to this. One of my free antenatal classes is a breastfeeding workshop so will definitely attend that.

Froggy, great bump, looks like it is coming along nicely.

RQ, most people leave their jobs because of the manager, some people are not cut out to manage. I hope things improve, if not you don't have much longer.

I have been really sick again the last few days, I thought I was getting past this stage. Back on my sea bands go...

X

You're looking gorgeous Froggy! Happy 18 weeks; can't believe you're almost half way done. Time is FLYING.

Rq I agree with you maybe later? If the scans will be just a week apart for this next one.

2have how is your back, and Rebecca any more cramping?

Pinkie ugh hun I can't believe your bad luck with the ms! Hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->