*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

RQ I'd probably print out some photos for her of the 20 week scan rather than pay for one a week later. Sorry your boss is a wank, it's seems the good ones are few and far between these days!
Pinkie sorry you're feeling sick this week, I hope the sea bands work for you. Yes, I was lucky to have a heads up with my colleague just having had a baby before I left. Her baby was tongue tied and she struggled until they had the tongue flap cut. After that it was much easier but in the mean time baby screams because they can't eat and mom cries because it's stressful having a hungry baby and not being able to feed them. Better to know about the bf-ing issues well before baby is born so you can identify issues. She had 5 doctors tell her all different things, very frustrating!

Froggy that's a beautiful photo, you look great! I'm afraid I feel yukky so haven't taken any photos...yet.

Fern how are you doing?
Everyone else?
I have a massage today after work. The back is better today, lots of warm showers the past few days!

I'm doing ok thanks. We had another stupid argument on Monday I think, with lots of cursing from his side and him saying "if you get contractions again it's your own fault".... all just so sad. Then yesterday I kept thinking about how this is supposed to be such a special time for me and for us together; only a few more months and then our lives will change dramatically forever. I just couldn't even think or talk about all our issues anymore. When he came through the door I just hugged him and held him & he seemed surprised. I think we are both so full of resentment at the moment (maybe he feels baby is my sole priority now and he feels very left out; while I feel he's not involved at all & doesn't care about us), that the resentment is making us forget that we are married because we love each other and that we do have the choice to enjoy our marriage. Don't know if that makes sense but I don't want to regret the choices I'm making. Sometimes I should just forgive him more easily.

He is going on tour with his team for a few days in October and we both think the time apart will do us good, just so we can have some breathing space and miss the other person for once! Also I do believe that because we were trying to make things work, the devil will try to break us up so we can't let that happen. Sorry, rambling!

Ugh I have to go get ready for class. The fact that I have to work has NEVER frustrated and irritated me so much as during this pregnancy!? All I want to do is nest and go for walks and sleep!!

Fern I'm happy things are a tiny bit better. You're right that now is the time to work on your marriage, after the baby it will be chaos :)

Pinkie- I hope you're feeling better honey!

Afm- I'm feeling really good (knock on wood) I've gained a lot of weight. Almost 9 pounds, no idea how it happened!!!
My next OBs appointment is 1 week from tomorrow and I'm so anxious to confirm the genders and see that my babies are doing well.

Hi all
thank you so much I'm so pleased you Fern and I all made it (well this far anyway) in the end - a long struggle!! How are you?

Fern I so sorry he is so difficult and I think you are amazing for dealing with it in the way you do. If definitely think about getting some plans in place for when baby arrives because it will literally turn everything upside down and pushes any relationship to extremes - I think if you an prepare for this it will help. ((Hugs)) thank goodness for no more contractions!

Rebecca how exciting 1 week will fly by - do you have a feeling? Any guesses?

Pinkie hope you are feeling better it's horrid feeling rough.

Froggy awesome photo I love it! Where is the time going?!

Rq I think I agree with 2have maybe photos is a good idea and then invite to o e later on...although as many scans as poss is nice if you can afford it.

Ellie how are you?

Hi to everyone else sorry not spoken to everyone personally.

Well I'm meant to be on holiday and I'm just hating it!! Sounds very selfish but I'm sore, still feeling unwell from OHSS although much better and work is a nightmare - even looked at early flights home today but they are so expensive. Hubby thinks I can just carry on as normal ie all cooking, cleaning, sting for him & Harrison well I'm not coping well and feeling worse so something is going to have to give 🙈. I'm picky tho so partly my fault I like things done my way!! Just being down the pool is hard as Harrison wants to play all time and I'm just so swollen and sore I'm like a beached whale!! Anyway sorry for the moan, thinking of you ladies!

Nimbec I had a scan last Thursday and she was pretty sure we had one boy and one girl. We should be able to confirm that next Friday!

Sorry you've been still feeling unwell, I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I might just sleep on it and see how I feel about it closer to time. The thing is my in-laws just moved out of state so it's do the US with them now or never. I also might see if I can get some video of the 20 week scan and put it to music or something.

Froggy - what a cute bump pic! you inspired me to share my 16 week pic. I'll share it in another post.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yay love all the bump pictures. I'll make a 16 week picture tomorrow and post it.

Rq I like your idea of making an ultrasound video that seems like a great compromise!

Cute bump pic RQ!!!!

Nimbec I hope you start feeling better!

Fern, I hope things can be easier for you and dh from here on out!

Nimbec I didn't see in your siggy that you already have a munchkin...how was bf-ing for you? Having 2 kids might cure you of having things your way. It depends on how organized you are but I think 3 kids under 2 years old will absolutely kill any need I ever had to be completely organized and neat:haha: I hope you feel better soon!

RQ that's a great idea for the scan and lovely 16 week bump!

I'm going to do a photo soon thanks for inspiring me ladies.

Hi to everyone, I hope the week is going well. My massage was great last night. I have DD for the entire weekend and also have to take care of some rental property business so grandma will hopefully babysit for me tomorrow. DD's birthday is coming up on Sept 30 and I'm hosting a group birthday party for her birth class. I've been completely inspired by fondant cake making so I'm going to start with a simple buttercream cake this weekend that I picked for DD's birthday. I priced it out and fondant starts at $110 and buttercream starts at $60 for a smash cake + adult cake to eat. While making it from scratch is under $5 and I've already got piping tools, why not give it a go? Will post a photo of the Pinterest goal vs aftermath:haha:

2have, my DH made a fondant cake for DD's first birthday and it came out really good. I'll try to find a picture to post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7
Rebecca that is SO beautiful! I'm so in love with how artistic a person can get with them. He did a great job. I'd like to try to do an ombre buttercream for DD's birthday like the bottom half of this cake:
image.jpg

Sorry I can't seem to put more than 1 photo in one post so I'll do 3 posts...

Love those cakes!! I've always wanted to try making cake pops, they look so pretty!

My 16 day bump!
Im a little camera shy, so no judgement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 14
Rebecca, no judgement, you look gorgeous. I am loving these bump pictures they are all so cute.

I love the cakes too, there are some very creative people. I like baking but unfortunately I am just not very good at it.

2have, you make me want a massage. DH and I are planning to get away for a few days and I want a spa hotel for a mum to be massage.

Fern, I hope you sort things with DH soon. I agree with the others to try and get to a good place before baby arrives. I have heard a baby tests even the strongest of relationships.

Nimbec, sorry to hear you are not enjoying your holiday. You are probably not feeling the best so it's understandable you just want to be home, don't be hard on yourself and take it easy when you can.

I hope everyone else is well, I can't believe the weekend is here again, I hope everyone is looking forward to it. My dad is coming to stay for the night and bringing my two young niece with him( aged 6 months and 2) I am looking forward to having them to myself. Nothing better than having the kids without mum and dad around.

Awww loving all the bump piccies!! Rebecca your watch looks just like mine :) is it a Guess by any chance? :)

Those cakes all look divine! Rebecca can't believe your dh made that. Mine can barely boil water lol. 2have - yes please remember pics of the final product! I'm soooo bad with cake decorating but it might be because I don't have any proper equipment. You are all making my mouth water....

Nimbec it sucks that you can't rest a bit on holiday! Will you be able to relax for a day or so back home before going back to work?

Pinkie- enjoy the kiddies!

17 weeks today, wow, again time is just flying. 5 sleeps until my gender scan! I think it's a boy.

Fern, no it's a Michelle watch :)
My DH is a fantastic cook, if only he had more time to cook. He works a lot so dinner is made by the time he gets home.
Lucky you, I have 7 more sleeps until my official gender scan. Ughh it's so far away. Happy 17 weeks to you!! We have all come so far!
About 22 weeks to go for me.

My cute little 4 year old keeps eyeing my tummy, waiting for her to ask me if there's a baby in there. She's so perceptive she doesn't miss a beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->